Hello World!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello World!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ilena Louise
    @ilena-louise
      • Total Posts: 1

Hi y’all! I decided to introduce myself so y’all can know a little bit about me before I go all out on the forums. XD

Anyway, I’m Ilena, and I  love to write… hence why I’m here! I mainly write fantasy or historical fiction. My current WIP is a fantasy series with a medieval European setting.
      Lets see… when I’m not writing, I’m hanging out with my family, playing flute, learning about random points in history, drawing, reading, or making games for my younger siblings to play.
      I love *anything* to do with the Middle Ages, or the Celts, and have recently embraced my Irish heritage lol.

For me, J.R.R. Tolkien is the greatest author of all time! (Yes, I know that’s a hyperbolic title to give, but this genuinely is my opinion). I also love the works of Zane Grey, Ernest Hemingway, William Shakespeare, Lloyd Alexander, and John Flanagan.

Anyway, I’m soooo glad to be part of KP, and can’t wait to get to know y’all!

“Not all those who wander are lost.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@ilena-louise Hi Ilena! Welcome to the forum! I’m Linyang, though most call here Lin.

Your WIP sounds quite interesting! I’d love to hear more about it!

You play the flute? I play the piano! How long have you been playing?

Ah, J.R.R. Tolkien does have some good stuff. What is your favorite work of his?

Really glad to meet you! Hope you have a wonderful time here!

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Elizabeth
        @lewilliams
          • Total Posts: 252

@ilena-louise Hello and welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s very nice to meet you! Would you care for some tea? *offers virtual cup*

*gasp* Someone else is a fan of Lloyd Alexander?! He’s one of my all-time favs! (Of course, Tolkien obviously takes the lead there, but he’s still quite wonderful.) Do you have a favorite book of his?

Also, making games for your siblings sounds so neat! How many siblings do you have, if I can ask? I have three myself.

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1379

@ilena-louise

Hi, Ilena! You can call me JC. Welcome to KP!

I write Biblical fiction mainly, and would definitely love to pen a historical fiction novel someday. My favorite authors are Victor Hugo and Harper Lee since they wrote my two favorite books of all time – Les Misérables and To Kill a Mockingbird. I also adore Marjorie Holmes because she is the one who made me realize God has called me to write Biblical fiction.

It will be so much fun to get to know you! Cheers!

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s
              • Total Posts: 399

@ilena-louise

Hi Ilena! Welcome to the forum! I’m Lydia. 🙂

Ooo, your WIP sounds super cool! Do you have dragons in it?

Actually, I completely agree with you about Tolkien! He was a genius. I enjoy Shakespeare as well! I’ve only read six of his plays (and I watched Henry V); maybe I’ll read more someday! By Lloyd Alexander, do you mean you’ve read The Chronicles of Prydain? I read that series a few years ago; it was super good (though the Cauldron People are kinda creepy…)!

Also, as a side not, I am a huge horse lover, so I LOVE your profile picture.;)

ella
              @nova21
                • Total Posts: 604

@ilena-louise

Hey Ilena!  Welcome welcome, I’m Ella!!   I like to write thriller/suspense and dystopian with some mystery involved.  I love to watch Christopher Nolan movies, which are super inspiring for my books.  My current WIP is about a girl trying to survive in the wild while fighting the dangers outside her valley and trying to uncover the chilling secrets of her cabin and its past inhabitants… 🙂

Anyways, here are some questions (i hope you like questions because i ask a lot of them lol):

1)  do you play sports?

2)  do you like music?  what’s your favorite kind of music?

3)  can you give more details about your WIP?  (pretty please??? 😋)

Anyways, have an amazing time on KP, and feel free to join any and all forum topics!!

-Ella

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                -gladiator, 2000

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@ilena-louise

Hello! You sound like a fantastic and fascinating addition to the kingdom of pen! I’m Chelsea, one of the interns, but I tend to go by SeekJustice on the forums. I’m a weird Australian, but other than that it sounds like we share a lot of interests!

The Middle Ages are awesome! My particular history hyperfixation is WW1, but anything medieval is a close second, its so fascinating to learn about! Oh and the Celts!! They’re also so, so cool. I’m not Irish, but I’m of Scottish heritage (my grandparents immigrated from Britain in the 60s) and I’ve also recently been embracing my heritage, and I’m learning Scottish Gaelic! Have you ever tried to learn Irish? It’s such a nice language to listen to and they have such wonderful Tolkien-ish songs.

And if you don’t mind me asking, what’s the plot/summary of your novel???

Anyway, lovely to have you here! I look forward to chatting with you more!

(Tolkien is definitely the greatest author of all time, though I am also incredibly partial to Dickens and Rosemary Sutcliff)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >