Hello world!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello world!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hullofellowhumans
    @hullofellowhumans
      • Total Posts: 26

Hullo fellow humans! I am excited to join kingdom pen!!!!! I love lots of different types of books, my favorite authors being Brandon Sanderson, Sir Arther Connan Doyle, and even though I have only read one of his books, Ray Bradbury. I love classic dystopian, step aside Divergants! I am currently writing a Dystopian short story, and cant wait to share it here!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@hellofellowhumans Hello, and welcome to Kingdom Pen! I am FreedomWriter76, a Southern Christian Teen, Writer, Homeschooler, History Buff, and Marvel Nerd. 😉

Ooh, dystopian? Dystopian is interesting. Have to say the only Dystopian book I’ve ever read is 1984 by George Orwell, and I haven’t even finished it yet! XD (it’s really long and a lot to soak in, lol) I’d love to read your short story once you’re finished with it!

As is customary for us to do on Kingdom Pen, I’m going to ask you a few random Newbie questions! 😀

1. What’s your favorite book of all time?

2. Favorite Dessert?

3. Are there any Movies/TV Shows/Series that you really enjoy?

4. Favorite and least favorite Instrument?

5. What’s your current WIP(Work in Progress) about?

And…6. What do you love the most about the Dystopian genre?

Anonymous
          Hullofellowhumans
          @hullofellowhumans

1. That is very hard. I like a lot of books XD. I really like sherlock holmes books.  Also, Fahrenheit 451, though I haven’t finished it (Almost there!) And Calamity, by Brandon Sanderson

2. I am more of a savory food kinda guy, but ya can’t go wrong with some frozen yogurt (Preferably with lots of gummies)

3. I really like Marvel movies, though some are considerably better than others. I especially like the Spider-man and ant-man movies. Also, Wandavision was great, because I love sitcoms. I also like Avatar (The anime, not the movie, or the movie based on the movie)

4. My favorite instrument would be the guitar, I have been playing it for nearly 6 years, and my least favorite is probably…………………. I guess a whistle? When a 5 year old gets one of those it is annoying

5. My current WIP is a dystopian short story. I have an outline written down and I am really liking it so far. It is sorta set in a future world where the sanctity of life is no more, and the masses are all sorta numbed because of the extreme violence seen in the media

6. What I like about the dystopian genre would be the way it makes you think. A lot of time dystopian novels will take something wrong with our society and exaggerate it. So I like ones that handle tough issues and make you think.

Well, that’s about it!

Anonymous

@hullofellowhumans. I love all your answers! Dystopian is an awesome genre and your story sounds very intriguing!

And awesome, another Marvel fan!? Who’s your fav? My Fav’s are Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes. 😉

It’s been wonderful getting to talk to you and get to know you a bit! 😀

Hullofellowhumans
              @hullofellowhumans

Well spider man is so cool, I relate to him sorta (Tom holland version, Toby Mcguire is… um…. something of an annoyance himself XD) And ant-man is just hilarious! Also Dr. strange is cool.

Anonymous

@hullofellowhumans. Tom Holland is my favorite Spider-Man too. 😉 (and I get ya. XD) Ant-Man is funny! I’ve seen him in Civil War and Endgame, and he’s great. I love it when Hulk gives him a Taco. XD XD XD Not a big fan of Strange, but hey, we all have our own tastes! 😀

Hullofellowhumans
                  @hullofellowhumans

Lol, the taco XD. Yeah, the ant-man movies are soooooo funny! Definitely recommend. I actually haven’t seen the Dr. strange movies, but I like him in the Avengers movies and the new spider man. Have you watched the how it should have ended channel? They are really funny. Also have you read any  Brandon Sanderson novels

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1424

@hullofellowhumans

Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m Koshka, and I write historical-nonmagical-fantasy. And poetry, flash fiction, ect.

Interesting! I don’t read dystopian myself as I haven’t been able to find one that didn’t make me ill.

Now for questions:

Do you like hot tea? If so do you prefer it with cream?

What are your favorite character’s favorite colors?

Which would you prefer; a crown or a throne? (Without any kingdom, just the things themselves)

And MOST IMPORTANTLY; do you like jellybeans?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Hullofellowhumans
                      @hullofellowhumans

Hi @Koshka! I like hot tea for sure, and if it is black tea I will most defiantly put cream in it, but fruit, green, or white teas I like without cream and with a little sugar. I honestly don’t know my favorite characters’ favorite colors, but I think Sherlock Holmes would be an olive green kinda guy.  A throne over a crown, especially if it is comfortable and reclines. I love Jellybeans! My favorite candy would be sour patch kids. I have actually been to the jelly belly factory twice! I went on the tour and you can fill up a bag of nearly any jellybean flavor! Non-magic fantasy is very interesting. I am sure it is hard to write. What is flash fiction? I have never heard of that?

Koshka
                        @koshka
                          • Total Posts: 1424

@hullofellowhumans

Ah, black tea almost begs for cream.

It certainly is interesting, although for me it’s a lot easier than historical fiction, the genre I started out in.

I used to like jellybeans, but then quite a few years ago on Easter…there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Flash fiction is basically extra-short short stories, often only a few paragraphs long, like character sketches. It’s quite amusing, besides being good for writing exercise.

How long have you been writing?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Hullofellowhumans
                          @hullofellowhumans

Flash fiction. Huh. I will have to try that! Lol to much of a good thing. I was visiting cousins in Indiana, and purches a ound of what was then my favorite candy, mike and Ikes, then…. brrrrrrr. I will NEVER eat those again

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >