Hello! I'm back!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello! I'm back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    The Impossible Girl
    @f5a8c3e92
      • Total Posts: 146

Hi, I’m Clara.

Not sure if any of you will remember me, but I used to post semi-frequently on this forum two years ago and just remembered today that I still have an account here. For those of you who don’t know me (most of you, no doubt), I’m a massive bookworm, aspiring writer, complete nerd, etc.

My favourite book series is still Lord of the Rings. Master Tolkien will forever be an inspiration to me and fantasy writers for all time. My favourite show, Doctor Who, has… taken an interesting turn in the past two years. I’ve also been getting back into comics lately, since I’ve had a lot of time on my hands.

Actually, that’s what I should’ve said at the start. I’m out of school! Hallelujah!

I’ll be starting uni in February, taking a double degree in education and creative writing. Yeah, I’ll be a high school English teacher in 4-5 years.

Aaaaaanyway, it’s good to be back. 🙂

"Not all who wander are lost."
      Wild Australian. INXJ.

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

*raises hand gleefully* I remember you! I’m hardly ever on here anymore, but I remember you so I’m hopping on to say hello. H’llo, Clara. *knuckles forehead* CONGRATS FOR BEING OUT OF SCHOOL!

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@f5a8c3e92  Heyyy, great to see you again!! I faintly remember you. 😉 We could always use more company.

Hold on. . . Isn’t Clara Oswald called “The Impossible Girl”? *smirks with amusement* That’s just great. XD Who is your favorite Doctor, by the way?

Congrats on finishing school! I’m excited for you! 😀 😀

You can pronounce it however you want.

The Impossible Girl
          @f5a8c3e92

@emma-flournoy Hi! I remember you pretty well from my first time around here. Thanks. It’s certainly a relief to be out of that place. 🙂

@dekreel
            I think I may have seen you around, but my memory sucks in general. Yes, she is. My name isn’t actually Clara. It’s just one of the many random aliases I have online. It’s pretty hard to choose a favourite Doctor, but I always loved 10.

I see you have an MBTI type in your signature… or at least the 16p version with the -T. I’m a sort of INXJ. INTJ-A according to 16p, but closer to INFJ by cognitive functions (which are a bit more accurate). Heh, I thought I was past my MBTI nerd phase, but it appears that some things are a little difficult to forget.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@f5a8c3e92  Is it a coincidence that you call yourself “The Impossible Girl”, too? XD

Heheh, I’m in an MBTI nerd phase myself. I’m not obsessed with it, but I’ve been asking everyone around me which type they are and adding some of them to a list. XD And I like guessing people’s types, too.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@f5a8c3e92 Hi!  I’m Rochellaine.  Nice to meet you!  I don’t know if you’ve noticed yet, but there aren’t many of us left here.  So it’s nice to see someone semi-new. 😀

Are you by any chance from someplace other than the United States?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The Impossible Girl
                @f5a8c3e92

@dekreel Nah, it was very intentional. And yes, I know the feeling of compiling lists of people’s types. It’s a great feeling when your guesses prove to be correct.

@rochellaine
                  Hi! Yeah, I noticed that it’s a lot quieter since I was last here.

And yes, I am indeed. I happen to be one of those rare internet-dwelling Australians. XD

Wild Australian. INXJ.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

@f5a8c3e92

Well, hello fellow Aussie!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@f5a8c3e92 Another Australian!  I see @seekjustice has found this topic.  She’s our most frequent Australian person here, though there are a couple others who show up now and then.

I thought you must be from somewhere other than the U.S. because you said you were going to “uni” which is something we never say here. 😛  Accents can show up even through writing, I suppose.

What’s your favorite period/location in history?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@f5a8c3e92 Well, I don’t think we’ve met, because I just joined a year ago. But WELCOME BACK TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE IN THE UNIVERSE! 😀 Congrats on finishing high-school! I’m graduating this year. 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 1352

@f5a8c3e92 😀 *congratulatory chocolate*

The Impossible Girl
                          @f5a8c3e92

@seekjustice Hello! Your name seems pretty familiar, but it’s always a pleasure to see another of our kind on the interwebs. 😛

@rochellaine
                            And that is very true. During my online life, I’ve found a lot of differences in my writing from most others. Stuff like the spelling of kerb and curb, then words that are completely different, like biscuits, scones, tomato sauce, etc. It was a hilarious situation when I brought up thongs before realising that they’re called flip-flops to basically everyone else.

Hmmmmm. That’s a tough question. I’ve never been good with having favourites for anything. I’ve also loved all the Ancient Greek stuff like 500% of peeps, but I’m also fascinated by the history of the English language. The Battle of Hastings, the manuscript of Beowulf, the printing press and the King James Bible, etc.

@jenwriter17
                            Thank you. Glad to see that greeting hasn’t died yet. XD
                            Thanks for your prayers, by the way. And good luck with finishing school! Do you have any plans for university/college/the future?

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

@f5a8c3e92 you’re welcome. 🙂

I plan on staying home to keep writing towards publication and learning to train horses. I kind of want to do something with photography, but we’ll see about that. 🙂 What are you most looking forward to about college?

Just curious, what does the INXJ in your signature mean? It looks like a MB personality type but I’ve never see an X in it before. 🙂

www.jennaterese.com

The Impossible Girl
                              @f5a8c3e92

@jenwriter17 Ooh, that sounds cool. Do you own a horse yourself? I’ve actually been getting back into photography lately. It’s always fun to experiment with different techniques.

I guess I’m most looking forward to the amount of freedom I’ll get in comparison to school. And as someone who struggled to make friends in the school system, I’m hoping I’ll fare better with those who have similar interests.

You’d be right about it looking like a MB type. The X simply means that it’s sorta undecided with that trait. Different tests show me as different types: generally INTJ or INFJ. 😛

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17

@f5a8c3e92

*sighs* No, I don’t own a horse…yet! 😉 My parents said I could probably get one if we move to a place with a lot more land (which we hope to do in the future). I just hope to find some online courses, and possibly a trainer near me who I can learn from.

Yes, photography is a lot of fun to experiment with. 🙂

Ah, I see. I kind of bounce back and forth between being an INFJ and an INFP. 😛

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >