Hello hello!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Jean Coul
    @hallie-jean
      • Total Posts: 167

@beth-darlene

Ooooh!!!! That’s a good one! 😉 Love that face 🙂

Okay!!! I can’t wait to hear all about your stories!!!!!!

Also, I couldn’t help but notice that your a fan of Shannon Messenger???? She’s one of my favorites too!!!! AND Tolkien!!! Have you read/watched Lord of the Rings and Keeper of the Lost Cities???

Proverbs 16:2

Beth Darlene
      @beth-darlene
        • Total Posts: 34

@devastate-lasting Okay cool!

Jominkreesa!
        #justiceforadamtoledo

Beth Darlene
        @beth-darlene

@hallie-jean

Okay! I’ll tag you when I do, little busy right now with CWW to make topics and keep up with them on here rn

Yeah! Those are the only things I’ve read from both of those authors! And I did watch the LotRs movies

Jominkreesa!
          #justiceforadamtoledo

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

@beth-darlene

1) I’ve read N.D. Wilson’s books! Okay, I did read the first two, but I skimmed through the last two. 😛 I read The Door Before before starting the main trilogy, and Mordecai was/is my favorite. Henry is cool though! Oh wow! I think you’re one of the first few people who have also read Brian Jacques’ book! I was huge fan of that series for a while (then I discovered The Green Ember series 😛 ). Which book is your favorite? Mine is either Rakkety Tam or Taggerung, I think. 🙂

2) Yes! (You’re referencing how the Bible mentions them in several places, right?) It’s super interesting to think about. Were they what we call unicorns or something entirely different… Hmm… 😉

3) Awesome! I wish I was a better artist. 🙂

Sorry for the late response!

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s

@cathrynv

Welcome to the KP forum! I’m Lydia. 🙂

Same here! I’ve never read The Hunger Games or Harry Potter. I’ve found other series and characters to love and become obsessed with. 😛 What are some of your not-so-well-known favorites?

Here are a couple questions for you, if you’d like to answer:

1) Who are your top three authors?

2) What’s your favorite mythical creature?

3) What are your top three hobbies?

Once again, welcome! Can’t wait to get to know you better! 🙂

Kathleen
              @kathleenramm
                • Total Posts: 635

@beth-darlene

Hi! I’m Kathleen and it’s awesome to have you!

Yeah, Story Embers is pretty great and I actually have a couple friends who are a part of the team there!

Short story and fantasy? Sound right up my alley. I’ve always loved fantasy and I’ve been in a short story phase recently. I love how you can complete a whole story in less than a week, and then have a neat little collection of them.

What’s your process of writing a short story?

Again it’s great to have you here!

Jean Coul
                @hallie-jean

@beth-darlene

Totally understand being busy!!! That’s why I’ve actually been off here for quite some time. I’m thinking about creating a topic soon, and I’ll tag you as well!!!

Those are both great series!!!! I also enjoyed the Let the Sky Fall trilogy by Shannon Messenger! Have you heard of it?? I’m not sure if you said your age already, but I’d recommend it if you’re a teen or older!!!

CathrynV
                  @cathrynv
                    • Total Posts: 14

@Lydia S

Well, I’m a big fan of Sara Ella’s Unblemished trilogy. I’m about to start Book Three, and I already know I’m going to be a mess at the end. I also really like Brittany Fichter’s Classical Kingdoms series. (Two of her books are Peter Pan retellings.)

1) Oh, hard one. Let me see… at the moment, I’d say Jill Williamson, Sara Ella, and R. M. Archer.

2) Oh, easy one! Werewolves, classic vampires (I haven’t read or watched anything of Twilight, but I prefer the classic vampire from Dracula and mythology), and the third… gryffins. Definitely gryffins.

3) Well, I’m a reader. And I also love writing. But I’m not going to cheat on third question. I enjoy playing guitar, I play around with designing stuff on Canva, and I do enjoy singing to songs on Spotify. 🙂

Beth Darlene
                    @beth-darlene

@lydia-s Okay cool! Yeah, Mordici is pretty awesome! Have you read his Ashtown Burials series? Yeah, I really like them! Prob the Long Patrol, but I haven’t read them all yet. Cool, I read the Green Ember books one and the first prequel.

Yeah! It is weird to think about…

Well, practice makes perfect =) I’m not very good myself, but the more I do it, the better I get.

@kathleenramm

Thanks! Nice! Yeah, they are really fun to write. Um…well I kinda do it a little differently every time, but the one I’m working on rn came from a one-word prompt. And then I wrote a couple of pages and was like, ‘man this would make a good short story’ so then I wrote a little more, then came up with a brief outline, and then I made the character sketches and now I’m going to finish the actual writing part about it and not just plot and character development =)

@hallie-jean
                      Okay. Yes! Def tag me =) I’ve heard of them, but haven’t read them yet. I’m 14 😉

Jominkreesa!
                      #justiceforadamtoledo

Jean Coul
                      @hallie-jean

@beth-darlene

Alrighty!!! Cool! I just turned fifteen so your barely younger than me! 🙂

All the books you’ve been mentioning to some other people sound really good! Are you a Rick Riordan fan at all?? I’m currently finishing the Heroes of Olympus series of his!

Also, I don’t know if anyone’s asked you this already, but I’m curious. Who’s a character that first comes to mind if I asked you who your favorite character is from any book???

And who’s your favorite character from a story you’ve created????

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s

@cathrynv

I don’t think I’ve read either of those series, but I think I’ve heard of the Unblemished series. What genre are they?

1) I’ve never read any of those authors! I bet they’re great though. 🙂 Some of my favorites are Jennifer Erin Valent, S.D. Smith, and J.R.R. Tolkien.

2) Dracula, another book I have yet to read. (*sighs* Why does my to-read list grow so much faster than my have-read list?) I’ve heard good things about it!

3) Oh cool! Canva is a fun place to play around on. 🙂

Lydia S.
                          @lydia-s

@beth-darlene

No, I haven’t read The Ashtown Burials yet; my brother did though. 🙂 Is that series your favorite from N.D.’s books?

Awesome! I remember The Long Patrol vaguely. It’s been a while since I’ve read it though. 🙂

Cool! My siblings and I are big fans of the series. My favorite is the last book, Ember’s End. 🙂

Kathleen
                            @kathleenramm
                              • Total Posts: 635

@beth-darlene

Cool! Do you choose the word for the prompt yourself randomly, or do you find it somewhere or are inspired by something?

Beth Darlene
                              @beth-darlene

@hallie-jean Nice! No, actually. I’ve heard of them, but haven’t read them yet.

Hmm…that is a hard question!! Well, I really like Rupert from Ashtown Burials and Padra from Mistmantle, and Fitz and Keefe from KotLCs!

And as far as my characters go prob Jaylin from my book and Estella from my current short story.

Hbu?

@lydia-s
                                Oh okay. Yeah!

Nice! I have a friend irl who really likes them

@kathleenramm
                                I found it off of Pinterest. =)

Jominkreesa!
                                #justiceforadamtoledo

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s

@beth-darlene

That’s awesome! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >