Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    SlyLilHuntress
    @slylilhuntress
      • Total Posts: 36

@notawriter It’s nice to meet someone with whom I have something in common! Friends are something I have been lacking in lately…

Anywho, I found an awesome drawing book and discovered I could draw about a year ago. I guess I’ve been drawing things (besides stick figures, that is) since then. I’m still having a difficult time drawing things out of my brain, though, if that makes sense. i’m better at what I will dub “redrawing.”

Oh boy, where do I start? The plot centers around people who can control certain elements, called Crafters. There are Fire Crafters, Water Crafters, Plant Crafters, Light Crafters, Earth Crafters, and Air Crafters. The story begins with Abigail, a young girl who discovers she is a Light Crafter. The problem with this lies in the fact that all Crafting was outlawed 10 years earlier. She hides it for many years, under the instruction of her older brother, Alan, but one day she is discovered.

There is a lot more to the story, but that’s it in a nutshell. Sorry if it’s hard to understand, as I am terrible at summarizing.

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit" -Richard Bach

The fledgling Artist
      @notawriter
        • Total Posts: 328

@slylilhuntress I can relate to the friend thing. I’m terribly shy (And my interests are somewhat uncommon?) so it takes a special kinda person to put up with me enough to become good friends.

And I think its totally normal to only feel comfortable copying at first! Drawing is hard- and it takes time to build up your visual library and hand eye coordination/skils in general.

Okay that sounds cool! Don’t worry, you explained it just fine! 🙂 How common are Cafters? Are they fairly common, or more rare?

and I was so confused

SlyLilHuntress
        @slylilhuntress

@notawriter I’m glad, and sort of not glad, to hear there are others who have the same problems I have. I am very shy as well, but when I get to know someone, I could drive them crazy!

I would say Crafters make up about 10% of the population. I’m not firm on that percentage, though. What do you think? There is a small amount who have moved into the wilder reaches of the kingdom (which I don’t have a name for, yet), to live in peace.

Sorry I haven’t worked out all the details. I’m only about 5,000 words in😳

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@slylilhuntress Well if you like dragons, you’ll like me. XD  I am one. Call me Snapper. 😀

What’s your favorite instrument?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

SlyLilHuntress
            @slylilhuntress

@dragon-snapper Pleased to meet you Snapper! I can’t believe I’ve just met a real life dragon! Can you breathe fire?

Hmm…probably the cello or piano. I love the way they sound. I used to play piano, but I never really liked my instructor, so I stopped years ago.

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@slylilhuntress  Hello and welcome!!!  Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

SlyLilHuntress
                @slylilhuntress

@ingridrd Hello and thank you! I look forward to being seen! 🙂

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@slylilhuntress  WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!!!

love your username!! And your profile picture!

So, you like Andrew Peterson! Please tell me you’ve read his books… If not READ THEM, OR ELSE!!

Can I see some of your dragon pictures? If not, that’s okay 😉

Is my extroversion enough for ya? 😜

You can pronounce it however you want.

SlyLilHuntress
                    @slylilhuntress

Thank you so much!

I have definitely read them! The Wingfeather Saga is one of my favorite series of books!

Here ya go:

Sorry if they are a bit blurry, my phone didn’t want to behave.

In real life, your extroversion would probably terrify me! Remember, you must approach an introvert cautiously, offer it a book, and maybe some chocolate, and wait.

*Sighs* Sometimes I wish I was an extrovert, or even an ambivert. It would make socializing a whole lot easier.

Joy
                      @dekreel

@slylilhuntress  Those are AMAZING!!

I think I’m actually kind of an ambivert. I just happened to be in a really good mood when I found you XD

Which is your favorite Wingfeather Saga book? I like the second one for all the adventure

SlyLilHuntress
                        @slylilhuntress

Thanks! I try, although I should really draw more…and write more…

North! Or Be Eaten is reeeaalllyy good, but I also love Monster in the Hollows. I didn’t like The Warden and the Wolf King as much. I feel like Peterson kinda rushed through it.

Do you have any other book recommendations? When I finish The Green Ember series, I’ll pretty much be lost in terms of what to read.

Daeus
                          @daeus
                            • Total Posts: 4238

@slylilhuntress Read Brandon Sanderson (crazy amazing fantasy author). Also, Cry The Beloved Country (not fantasy, but very deep and heartfelt. The best Christian novel I’ve ever read). Oh, and read Dreamlander too! It’s amazing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy
                            @dekreel

@slylilhuntress  Me, too! The only think I ever draw is manga profiles. I really enjoy it, too X)

Book recommendations. *groans* *pulls out long list*

• Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (historical fiction)
                              • Josiah’s Fire by Tahni Cullen (non-fiction Christian)
                              • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (fantasy, favorite book after Wingfeather Saga)
                              • Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle (sci-fi)
                              • Night by Elie Wiesel (historical non-fiction)
                              • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (historical fiction)

That’s all I have for now, but I may just be missing one or two. Very likely XD

SlyLilHuntress
                              @slylilhuntress

@dekreel I’ve actually never tried manga. Maybe I should!

@daeus
                                @dekreel Woah! I didn’t expect this many recommendations! I’ll try and check them all out.

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17
                                  • Total Posts: 2522

@slylilhuntress First, I love that quote you have there by Richard Bach.

Welcome to the bestistest place in the universe (someone probably beat me to saying that)!!! I’m kinda an introvert too (INFJ) and I enjoy photography (but not that often) and drawing too. What do you like to draw?

*high fives fellow 17 year old* 😉

What are you favorite books/movies/shows?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                                  www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >