Hello!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Stephie
    @stephie
      • Total Posts: 55

Hello to all KeePers!

My name is Stephanie, and I’m a thirteen year old writer who takes pride in the fact that I am taller than my mom.

I’m so excited to have discovered Kingdom Pen, and all the like minded people here!

I am a published poet (I love saying that — the truth is that I won a very small competition with my local library and they published it online) and I am passionate about the beauty and the power of words — and the Word. “In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” –John 1

So there we have it! 🙂

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

-GRCR-
      @grcr
        • Total Posts: 938

@stephie

Hello Stephanie! Greetings from my land of Burne!

I’m -GRCR-! I’m a fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, a journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character lover/creator that has over three hundred. I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs.

Welcome to KP! 😁

(Oh my goodness, I’m taller than my mom too, lol!)

A published poet? That’s so cool!! What kind of poetry do you write? Are you going to share any poems on here? If so, I’d love to read them!!

Here are some extra questions for you!!

• What’s your favorite color?
        • If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?
        • And, what song will forever remind you of last year?

Well… that’s it from me. Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
        “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

-GRCR-
        @grcr

Tagging some people to say hi:

@rae
          @savannah_grace2009 @esther-c @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @freedomwriter76 @trailblazer @hybridlore @idk-who-else-to-tag…

“What be a cretin?”

HighScribe
          @highscribeofaetherium
            • Total Posts: 2205

@stephie

Hello!! I’m Bridget! Well, I am a great appreciator of swords and knives and fire, and I may or may not be slightly insane. I’ll leave that up for you to decide. Aside from those things, I like reading, writing, drawing, listening to music (while I do one of the previous three activities), playing piano, doing karate, playing videogames with my brothers, ranting about books, and combining foods in ways that are apparently evil to combine, according to my brothers (barbecue sauce on watermelon is really good, alright?)

Newbie questions!

Favorite book/series?

Fav genre?

Fav fictional character?

I’ll see you around! Nice to meet you 🙂

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Cloaked Mystery
            @jonas
              • Total Posts: 2624

Welcome to KP! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, which I am working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium, is a large fantasy universe that contains many different planets.

Some of my favorite authors are Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson’s Cosmere in particular is a huge inspiration behind my projects, particularly the magic systems.

Outside of writing, I play and compose music (I play piano.) I’m nearly a black belt in karate. I play video games, and am also an amateur video game designer. I also enjoy participating in the many character RPs on here.

See you around!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
              ✨ Magic System Creator
              🎭 Character RPer
              📚 Appreciator of Books

RAE
              @rae
                • Total Posts: 2995

@stephie

Amon. *bows head*

I’m mostly known as RAE around here, but am also little-known as Ruee. And I’m a fourteen-year-old girl who is also taller than her mother…and most my friends.

I write sci-fi/fantasy, dabble in poetry, and all around act insane when by myself in my room because I talk to imaginary friends called charries and all the other perfectly normal “weird” things writers do.

Few warnings concerning me…

• Do NOT ask me about dragon pics! As @jonas, @highscribeofaetherium, and @savannah_grace2009 can especially testify, I have a vast archive of the cute and furious!
                • I’m horse crazy.
                • I rant about things
                • MOST MY CHARRIES KNOW HOW TO MAKE SWISS CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHA! The aforementioned trio can also attest to this.

Oh, and warning, there is also a technical ghost that haunts the circuits of KP! She looks for posts to devour, edits to ruin, and notifs to eat for snacks! She is Wyoh! *cue thunder and lightning* servant of no one, friend of few (if any) and dooming tread of all who anger her. (Okay, yes, she is just a made up explanation for weird accurances on KP every once in a while, but she’s still our friendly (not so friendly more like it) neighborhood technical ghost!)

FEAR AND TREMBLE!!!!

WOW, I am in one dramatic mood

Anyways, you will be bombarded with multiple inquiries about yourself and your trade, so I will only give you one tiny one:

Have you ever had the same foot stepped on seven times by seven different horses?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                #theclonesdeservedbetter
                #HugRikerSquad
                #HugHans

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer
                  • Total Posts: 584

@stephie

Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, because I love hiking in the mountains (when I can get to real mountains lol, the best we have where I live are really just big hills). I write mostly contemporary and historical fiction, but I’ve also done some mystery, and journalism as well. I enjoy photography, reading books, hanging out with friends, and spending time with Jesus.

Now, for some questions…

Do you write anything besides poetry? If so, what do you enjoy writing?

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?

Lol, I am not taller than my mom and I’ve pretty much stopped growing so I don’t think there’s any hope for me to pass her. We’re pretty close in height though, she’s only taller by an inch.

Also, I love the typewriter on your profile! I’m a bit of a history nerd and I like vintage things like that.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3201

@stephie

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Stephanie!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!! I’ve written fantasy, but my current WIP is light dystopian. And, I have lots of story ideas in a myriad of genres.

I am not taller than my mom 😔 But I guess she’s a little above average and I’m just average? I don’t even know. XD All I know is that people don’t comment on me being tall for my age like they used to 😂

Now for some questions!

1. What is your dream vacation?

2. Who is your favorite character you’ve ever written? Why? What are they like? (If you write things besides poetry that is 😉 )

3. If you could have a conversation with any three people (historical/Biblical figures, celebrities, authors, etc.), who would they be and why?

4. What is your favorite childhood show?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!! 👋

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Stephie
                    @stephie

Okay so I will answer questions lol

I write a lot of poetry. I mean, a LOT. Mostly they rhyme and the rhythm is good. I might post some one here, or at least parts of them. Here’s one stanza out of a poem I wrote a little while ago:

There, in that place where the shadows are long

And the few birds which sing, sing a tuneless song

That crow looks ahead, and flies to the East

Where hope had prepared it the future’s feast…..

It’s a lot longer than that, but basically yeah.

I also write short stories, and I occasionally attempt to begin a novel, which I abandon after the first chapter.

My favourite character I’ve ever written is a girl/woman whose name is Aurora. (It’s ironic, because Aurora means dawn or daybreak or something like that.) She’s got these menacing, inherently evil powers which allow her to control everything dark. And thinking that this makes her, herself, evil, she goes off and becomes an assassin. Spoiler: she changes.

My favourite author is C.S. Lewis, and of course my favourite character is Aslan. Do not get me started on how much I love the Chronicles of Narnia. I will go on forever. I am practising self-discipline just not to go on forever right now.

Just to make you all envious I will mention that I have a triple bunk bed.

One question of my own: how do I respond to one person individually? And what’s up with tags? I think the two are related but I can’t seem to figure it out.

HighScribe
                      @highscribeofaetherium
                        • Total Posts: 2205

@stephie

I’m not sure I understand your question 🤔

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

-GRCR-
                        @grcr

@stephie

One question of my own: how do I respond to one person individually? And what’s up with tags? I think the two are related but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Ok, so the tags will tell people that you are talking to them, and they will receive a notification. It also shows who exactly you’re talking to—individually or collectively.

Maybe that helps..? I’m not the best at explaining… 😅

“What be a cretin?”

Cloaked Mystery
                          @jonas

@stephie

So, you can’t exactly respond to one person. When you use someone’s tag (as I did at the beginning of this post) they get a notification. When you do that, it generally implies that you are addressing that person specifically. Does that answer your question?

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                            ✨ Magic System Creator
                            🎭 Character RPer
                            📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
                            @jonas

…And you already got an answer. (Thanks, KP lag.)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                              ✨ Magic System Creator
                              🎭 Character RPer
                              📚 Appreciator of Books

Stephie
                              @stephie

I think that I assumed something which should have been another question lol

I assumed that I could reply to somebody and my reply would appear directly below their question. Please pardon my ignorance XD

So I guess my real question was: “How do forums work? What can I do? Are there different ways to reply to people? And what’s up with tags? What do they do?”

Thanks 🙂

Cloaked Mystery
                                @jonas

@stephie

Okay, gotcha. The reply button at the top of each post just takes you to the text box at the bottom of the page, it doesn’t let you create nested replies. I assumed that would work when I joined too, but it doesn’t. Also note that the quote button next to the reply button does not work. If you want to quote someone, you can do this.

1. copy the text you want to quote.
                                  2. click the quotation mark icon at the top of the text box (next to the italics symbol.)
                                  3. paste it in. It should be indented.
                                  4. when you post, it should be in quote format like this:

So I guess my real question was: “How do forums work? What can I do? Are there different ways to reply to people? And what’s up with tags? What do they do?”

You can use quotes to show what specifically you are replying to.

I think those are the main things. Use tags to show who you’re addressing, and the quote to show what specific thing you are replying to, if necessary. Hope that helps!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                                  🎭 Character RPer
                                  📚 Appreciator of Books

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >