Hello

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Cloaked Mystery
    @jonas
      • Total Posts: 2624

@hybridlore

Anyway, welcome to kingdom pen! We’re glad to have you!

Thanks!

What are your favorite authors/book series? I think you said LOTR somewhere, have you ever read the wingfeather saga?

Yes, I have read that. It’s been many years since I read the whole thing, but I remember it being good. As for other favorite books, I like the Harry Potter series, and I like many of Brandon Sanderson’s works. I read the original series of Mistborn and the Stormlight Archive recently.

Other hobbies besides writing?

I also design video games, (and play them) and compose music.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
      ✨ Magic System Creator
      🎭 Character RPer
      📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
      @thearcaneaxiom
        • Total Posts: 1251

@jonas

Hello, welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom. I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current project is a universe I’m making with my sister called the Septrum.

Questions!

Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (Hard meaning more concrete defined rules for the readers, vs soft being more open possibilities.)

What is your favorite fantasy concept you’ve seen in writing?

What is your favorite fantasy concept you’ve come up with yourself?

I would love to hear about some of your orphaned magic systems if your willing!

And last but not least:

If you had to relive every day of your life, starting with yesterday, then the day before, and so on, how long would it take for you to conclude and accept that that’s what is going on? What would your other theories be as to what is happening and why?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom

@jonas

We got another Sanderson fan, let’s go!!!!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Cloaked Mystery
          @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

Those are hard questions!

My favorite fantasy concept would probably be something from Sanderson’s work. I think the whole background of the Cosmere is really cool.

my favorite one I’ve come up with is probably one of my magic systems. I don’t think I’ve invented anything super impressive. (I’ll tag you in the magic systems post.)

As for the last one…um…I’m not sure I completely understand. It would probably take me two or three days. Probably the result of the universe breaking or something LoL.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
            ✨ Magic System Creator
            🎭 Character RPer
            📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom

@jonas

My favorite fantasy concept would probably be something from Sanderson’s work. I think the whole background of the Cosmere is really cool.

I agree, I’m not sure what specifically I would choose, but Sanderson really has master the art of creating a good mechanic in both worldbuilding and character.

my favorite one I’ve come up with is probably one of my magic systems. I don’t think I’ve invented anything super impressive. (I’ll tag you in the magic systems post.)

I’m in the middle of reading yours now on there, lol! I’ll comment on it once I finish writing out my own.

As for the last one…um…I’m not sure I completely understand. It would probably take me two or three days. Probably the result of the universe breaking or something LoL.

Fair enough😂

Cloaked Mystery
              @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom
                Just realized I missed one of your questions.
                I would say I do hard world-building. I like everything to be well-defined.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                ✨ Magic System Creator
                🎭 Character RPer
                📚 Appreciator of Books

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >