Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Starden03
    @ampeterson03
      • Total Posts: 6

Hello! My name is Arden and I am 15. I just recently found out about Kingdom Pen and thought I would give it a shot, as I have been looking for a community of other Christian writers for a while, something I haven’t been able to find in person.

The main reason I’m posting here is because I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to exchange ideas and work with me so we can offer and receive encouragement and criticism. I have been writing for only about a year and a half, but reading for my whole life. One of the most difficult things I have encountered writing is gauging the excellence and/or awfulness of my own writing, and there aren’t very many people I would like to show it to in its elementary stages. I know this is probably an issue for everybody, and it’s totally fine if something like this makes you uncomfortable, because it definitely does me.

Anyway, I just kind of want to use this post as a jumping off point and see where it goes. If anybody wants to share about their work (and maybe, eventually, their actual writing), it would be great to get to know a little more about you.

My life is hid with Christ in God

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@ampetersono3. Welcome to Kingdom Pen Arden! (I love your name, btw. :>) I am FreedomWriter76, a teen, Homeschooled, Christian Writer that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction!

And I am entirely willing to talk and share ideas! I love to talk(I’m a rambler, lol. XD)and you know what? I get you! I haven’t been writing as long as probably most people on Kingdom Pen, and I was so scared to share my writing. Some of my writing, I look at it, and I’m like: “Ugh. Who would ever want to read THAT!?” But Arden, I shared some writing on here, in a forum, and everyone LOVED IT! We’re our own worst critics as the saying goes, and even if no one else is, I’d LOVE to read some of your writing. None of us are perfect, and I’m sure you’re writing is SO MUCH BETTER than you think! Or even if you’re not comfortable with sharing your writing, I’m still here to be your friend and encouragement when you need it! God Bless! <3

Anonymous
          Starden03
          @ampeterson03

@freedomwriter76

Thank you so much!

What kind of genre do you like to write for? What work are you most proud of in that genre and are there any that you’re currently working on?

Starshiness
            @starshiness
              • Total Posts: 174

@ampeterson03

Hello and welcome! I’m Eliana and I’m still a youngling as well, as far as Kingdom Pen’s members go haha, but I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and hope you will too! Reading through the older forums has already been an immense help.

(I also LOVE your name, it’s actually one I’m considering for a character in my novel-in-progress! It has such a nice forest-y sound in my opinion…)

Well, if you’re looking for someone with which to exchange comments/criticisms on writing…  *raises hand* I absolutely love hearing different people’s perspectives on my writing (seriously, you should have heard the way I f r e a k e d out the first time I got a peer review from some editors at a magazine I submitted to XD). It is so eye opening and really healthy for writing growth! I encourage you not to be shy about showing the community here anything you’ve penned, but no pressure, only what you’re comfortable with 🙂

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Kayla B.
              @kayla-b
                • Total Posts: 4

@ampertersono3

Hi! I would be willing to share writings and offer/receive criticism. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my own work, so sometimes I can be way too hard on myself. Having an outside voice really improves my writing, something I learned through college classes.

I’m a very new member to Kingdom Pen, but like you have been reading my whole life and just got serious about writing.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Anonymous

@ampeterson03. You’re Very Welcome! 😀

I am a total and complete Historical Fiction writer! I write mainly WWII but also some American Revolution, American Civil war, and I’ve dabbled in various historical periods from ancient to today! I am currently working on…well…a few, but my main one is about WWII and The Holocaust. Its main theme is Forgiveness. 🙂 My proudest work in Historical Fiction? Hmm…though I’ve never published, most definitely my D-Day short story I wrote this year! Wrote all of it on June 6! Really proud of that one. Even though the grammar is horrid. XD

Anonymous

@ampeterson03. What genre do you write? 😀

Starden03
                    @ampeterson03

@starshiness

Thank you so much! I agree; it does have a foresty sound, I think.

“Rosalind: Well, this is the forest of Arden.

Touchstone: Ay, now am I in Arden; the more fool I; when I was at home, I was in a better place: but travelers must be content.”

-As You Like It, Act II, Sc. IV, lines 15-18

XD (apparently this is what everyone on here uses to express laughter)

What is the character in your novel-in-progress like?

@freedomwriter76

That’s awesome! Historical fiction is great. It’s actually my favorite genre to read. What’s your favorite historical fiction novel? (Mine is A Tale of Two Cities for sure 🙂 )

As for what genre I write, that’s a little hard to answer, as I haven’t been writing for an incredibly long time. I have only “published” (not truly published; all I did was submit it to a short story contest) one work, a sci-fi story, and after that I decided I didn’t like writing sci-fi. The main thing I’ve been writing other than that (actually, pretty much the only) is—you guessed it—an allegorical fantasy novel. (I feel like most ppl on here are working on one or multiple of these. XD) Honestly I’ve put so much effort into this one thing that I haven’t even considered starting anything else until I finish it, but I dream of writing a fantastical or futuristic political drama someday.

@kayla-b
                      what genre(s) do you write?

Karissa Chmil
                      @karissa-chmil
                        • Total Posts: 96

@ampeterson03

Hey there, Arden! (That name is worthy of being a character’s. XD)

Welcome to KingdomPen! I’m newer to the forum, too, so I probably won’t be able to answer all that many questions, but at least we can stumble around being completely confused together. XP

What kind of characters do you like writing best?

wonder | beauty | truth | love

Starshiness
                        @starshiness

@ampeterson03  Shakespeare seems to agree with me 😉

Lol well it does resemble this face -> 😆 <- if you look at it sideways, dontcha think?

Said character… I want to call him by his name but as of yet he still doesn’t have one 😂… the four I have been considering for him are Cedar, Arden, Rowan, and Ash because of the same tree-like theme, but I really really reallllyyyyy am leaning toward Arden… even though Cedar might fit him a little better… you can’t beat the alliteration with his sisters’ names though… oop, but you didn’t ask for my naming thought process haha.

ANYWAY, this character is a good bit like your typical “strong, silent” type. Quiet, loyal, wise, and fiercely committed to the Great Archer (the Jesus-figure in my allegory). A hulk of a man, towers over everyone, broad-shouldered, powerfully strong, dark-skinned, with glacial eyes. My protagonist, Raven, meets him and his sisters (twins, Aspen and Acacia, as willowy and lithe as their brother is strong, but otherwise alike in appearance) at a crucial point in her spiritual journey and they turn out to be the Great Archer’s method of deliverance for her.

Anonymous

@ampeterson03. Ooh, your WIP sounds interesting! And I totally understand realizing you don’t really like a genre! I haven’t told anyone on KP this yet, but my first works were actually FANTASY! But…I realized how much better I was at hisfic, and how much more fun I have writing hisfic. Y’know…since I’m a History Nerd. 😉

Ooh, favorite hisfic novel? Easily Preacher on the Run by Jayna Baas. It’s my favorite book of all time! <3 (hisfic is both my favorite to read and write, lol. XD A lot of people are put off from it because of all the research, but I love history, so…not a problem for me, lol. XD)

Starden03
                            @ampeterson03

@starshiness

I love that character! He’s not similar to me at all, but he sounds amazing. Definitely go with Arden 🙂

@karissa-chmil

My favorite type of character to write is a little hard to pin down, but I would say they are reserved, shrewd, and logical (in contrast to spunky, outgoing, spontaneous, etc.). This is actually most of the characters in my novel, I just realized, and my characters like this are far more developed than the loud or reckless ones.

(And I’m not going to worry about the poor singular/plural grammar up there.)

What about you? And who is the favorite character you’ve ever written? (Same goes for anyone who wants to answer on this thread.)

Starshiness
                              @starshiness

@ampeterson03 Haha thanks! And I think I will! 🙂

Karissa Chmil
                                @karissa-chmil
                                  • Total Posts: 96

@ampeterson03

‘Eyy, nice. (;

For me. . . hmmm. I love my cheerfully sassy characters who may have gone through a lot but are just so adorable with the other charries *cough cough* definition of Will *cough cough*. XD They’re great.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Karissa Chmil.

wonder | beauty | truth | love

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >