Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    g_c_al
    @g_c_al
      • Total Posts: 16

Hello!

My name is Giovanna, but I go by Gigi. I love to write short stories of any kind, but I am currently writing my first real novel. I’ve tried other novel ideas in the past, but they’ve sadly been abandoned. I’m very excited to join Kingdom Pen! That’s all I really have to say, so I hope you all have a great day!

ella
      @nova21
        • Total Posts: 604

@g_c_al

Hey Gigi!!!  (I love your name, btw!!)  I’m Ella, and welcome to KP!!!  Ooo, short stories are fun, but I’m sooo glad you got into writing novels!!!!

Here are a few things about me:

1)  I love smoothies and dark chocolate

2)  I adore basketball and running and working out (ik, I’m weird 😄)

3)  I write fantasy, speculative fiction, and thriller/suspense novels.

I currently have two WIPs, but the synopsizes are kinda long, so if you want me to share them in another post, I can… 😊

Now for some questions for you (if you don’t mind):

1)  What genre/s do you like writing in the best?

2)  What’s your WIP about?

3)  Do you like coffee or tea or neither (or both)?

That’s all I got for now…  GREAT to have you!!!  And feel free to join any and all forum topics, and don’t be scared to share your writing with us!  We’d love to read it and help you out in any way we can!! (I know I can speak for all of us KaPeefers…)  Anyways, great to meet you!!!!

-Ella

what we do in life echoes in eternity
        -gladiator, 2000

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@g_c_al Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Linyang, I enjoy coffee ice cream and lemon pastries, I write crime and fantasy novels, and I really enjoy piano and music! Now some questions for you, perhaps?

1. Favorite books/authors/movies?

2. What are some of your hobbies?

3. Some of your favorite desserts?

4. Pineapple on pizza?

Anyway, hope to see you around!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Wyn Rose
          @wyn-rose
            • Total Posts: 57

@g_c_al

Hello Gigi, welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope you have a great day too! 🙂

1. I know this was already asked, but what is your WIP about?

2. What are some of your favorite books/movies?

3. Do you have a favorite character (or characters) you have written?

4. What is you favorite part/aspect of writing?

( @nova21 Yes! No matter what anyone says we will forever be called KaPeefers!!!)

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@g_c_al Well, hello, Gigi! It’s so nice to meet you! (And can I just say that I LOVE your name?)

To add to the list of questions…

#1 Could you tell us about some of the short stories you’ve written?

#2 Who’s your favorite author?

#3 When did you start writing?

#4 Captain America’s beard–yes or no?

#5 Do you have a blog/website?

‘Tis a veritable pleasure to meet you! I do hope you’ll share some of your writing with us over at the WIP Chat!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

g_c_al
              @g_c_al

@nova21

Hello Ella! It’s nice to meet you!

I personally love to write fantasy, but I have written a bit of horror and some medieval/pirate stories too. My WIP is a retelling of the Peter Pan stories… or I guess it’s a very loosely based retelling. And I am a tea drinker all the way. I’ve never really been a fan of coffee, but I recently got into drinking tea.

I’m excited to be here! I’d love to share some of my writing…once I edit it a bit!

g_c_al
                @g_c_al

@devastate-lasting

Hi Linyang! It’s nice to meet you!

My favorite authors are Rick Riordan and Jenny Han, and my favorite books are The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Lightning Thief. My favorite movies are Raiders, Ghostbusters(’84), and the Pirates of the Caribbean series.  Some of my hobbies are reading and writing, baking, watercolor, and hiking. Some of my favorite desserts are chocolate chip cookies, red velvet cake, and doughnuts. I also love apple pie. I don’t normally like pineapple on pizza, but there is one pizza place near my house and it’s the only place I like pineapple on pizza.
                  Hope to see you around too! Bye!

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

@g_c_al Ah, I loved both of those books! Also amongst my favorites. Oo, baking and watercolor! Lovely hobbies you have. And all of those desserts are really good! They do make my mouth water. And it’s really nice that you have a great pizza place near your house!

Do you enjoy music? If so, what kinds/bands?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

g_c_al
                    @g_c_al

Hello @wyn-rose!
                      My WIP is a loose retelling of Peter Pan. My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and my favorite movie is probably Raiders of the Lost Ark. I’d have to say my favorite character that I’ve ever written is either the pirate captain from my current WIP or the princess I wrote for a Medieval short story. I think my favorite part of writing would be getting so say “It’s done!”. I haven’t completed many projects because I get distracted with a new one very easily, but the ones I have finished just make me feel so happy to know they’re done.

Bye!

Wyn Rose
                      @wyn-rose
                        • Total Posts: 57

@g_c_al

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is probably one of my favorite Harry Potter books! (If I remember correctly… I should really re-read that series sometime…) Your princess and pirate captain sound interesting! And I definitely get what you mean about finishing a project. That’s such a great part of the project, when everything you have done has finally come together and you can call it complete for the first time.

g_c_al
                        @g_c_al

@devastate-lasting
                          Oh! I love music! Ed Sheeran, 5SOS, and Dan+Shay are some of my favorites, but I listen to a lot of different genres. When I put my music on shuffle, it can be a bit odd.

How about you?

g_c_al
                          @g_c_al

@gracie-j
                            Hello! It’s nice to meet you too! (And that is so sweet thank you!)

I’ve written quite a few short stories, but my favorites are one I wrote for the horror short story contest at my school and a Medieval fairytale type one I wrote for fun. I’d say my favorite author is Rick Riordan. I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, but I started getting serious about it in eighth grade. I’m going to have to say no beard. I don’t know why, but I’m not a fan of it. He looked much better without it, in my opinion. I don’t have a blog or website, but I might in the near future. I’m still debating.
                            And I’d love to share some, but after lots of edits!😄
                            Bye!

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@g_c_al

Hello, Gigi! (I know everyone has said this, lol, but your name is seriously awesome.) Anyways, I’m Joy Caroline. I write Biblical fiction and my two WIPs are about St. Paul, one from his younger sister’s POV and the other from his youngest nephew’s. I am a passionate lover of music. I have so much music that I listen to. (Right now Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” is playing.) What are some of your favorite songs/music artists?

What’s your novel about? I would love to hear about it!

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@g_c_al You’re so welcome! 🙂

Awesome! And did I read something about you writing about pirates??? Yahoo!!!! I’m a pirate writer meself, so ’tis always a pleasure to encounter another one! What’s your captain like? Name?

Ah, definitely a no-go on the beard as well. *shudders* And you should totally have a blog! I know I love mine!

I know I would love to read some!!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

ella
                                @nova21
                                  • Total Posts: 604

@g_c_al

Ooo, cool!!  I love the sound of your WIP?  (btw, have you heard of/read Dust by Kara Swanson?  I think it’s a peter pan retelling and the author is actually from another christian writer’s forum called Story Embers, which is pretty cool!)  And yes, agreed, tea is superior. 😄

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                                  -gladiator, 2000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >