Hello

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    AbigailHarder
    @abigailharder
      • Total Posts: 16

Hey y’all,

My name is Abigail Harder. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for most of my life, but I recently have started really getting back into it again. I am currently revising my first book and pretty much rewriting it, lol. My favorite genre to write in is Fantasy, but I also love Historical Fiction. I am super excited to be able to join Kingdom Pen because I have been looking for a Christian based community where I can share my writing and be encouraged but also be pushed to be better.

I am super excited to get to know everyone here!

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@abigailharder Hi!! Welcome to the forum!!! I’m Grace. I love writing fantasy, too!! What is your book about? I’m so glad to meet you! Hope you enjoy your start here at Kingdom Pen. It’s such an amazing, welcoming community. <3 Some questions:

What’s your fave book?

What’s your fave color?

What’s your fave food?

Looking forward to getting to know you more!! <3 😀

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@abigailharder Hi, Abigail! It’s so great to have you here! (I follow your blog, btw! Love your reviews!) 🙂 Grace already asked some fantastic questions, so I’ll see what I can cook up!

#1 What’s your book about?

#2 Have you a favorite author?

#3 Tea or coffee?

#4 Favorite movie?

#5 Any other hobbies?

Again, welcome to KP!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@abigailharder

Hi Abigail! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! (My name is Abigail too XD ).
            I love fantasy also (actually I write in many genres, but I’ve always loved the use of magical creatures in fantasy:) What’s your WIP’s title? Favorite setting to write in?
            Personally, I’ve always liked writing in winter forest-like places:)

It’s awesome to have you here! 😀 Welcome!! 🙂

Libby
            @libby
              • Total Posts: 59

@abigailharder

It’s so good to meet you, Abigail!  We’re so glad that you’ve joined us : )

If I may ask some questions (and please don’t feel obligated to answer!), why do you like to write?  Are you looking toward writing as a career, or is it just something you’d rather keep as a hobby?  What are some of your favorite things in life?  And if you could pick a couple of people (dead or living) who have really inspired you and shaped who you are/your goals and dreams in life, who would they be?

Welcome again, Abigail – looking forward to getting to know you more, my friend : )

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Merie Shen
              @merieshenanigans
                • Total Posts: 38

Hi @abigailharder !

I haven’t been active on these forums for a while (if you can’t already tell, lol) but it’s so good to see you here! Hope you have fun exploring the community 🙂

~ always be a happy camper ~

AbigailHarder
                @abigailharder

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Hi Grace! It is really nice to meet you! That is so awesome, I am super excited to find people who like to write Fantasy too! <3

Now to answer your questions…😉

1. I cannot pick my favorite book…I have too many, lol! But a book that has been a favorite of mine for so long has to be Lord of the Rings. I have been in love with the series since I was 10!

2. I love the color blue!

3. Ooh, my favorite food…hmm…I really love homemade mac and cheese!

I cannot wait to get to know you better either! I am super excited to be apart of the community! <3

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by AbigailHarder.
                  AbigailHarder
                  @abigailharder

@gracie-j

Hi Gracie!

Oh my word, that is so cool! I thought I recognized your name from somewhere!! 😊

Ooh, I love your questions!

1. My book is about a girl, who goes to Scotland and ends up in a fantastical kingdom there. She meets a royal family and has to help them overthrow the evil overlord who has taken over their kingdom.

2. I have so many favorite authors, but I like how I answered Grace’s question, I have to say Tolkien and Lewis. They are such an inspiration to me and their books are so good!!

3. I am definitely a tea person…I do not really like the taste of coffee, but I am slowly liking it more!

4. My favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, One Night with the King, Princess Bride, and my newest favorite is Tolkien, I watched it instead of the Super bowl and feel in love! (Sorry I could not just pick one! 🙈)

5. Hmm, no not really…I am a rather boring person when it comes to hobbies, lol! I mainly just read and write or else I am doing school!

AbigailHarder
                    @abigailharder

@abigail-m

Thank you!! Abigail is a very popular name, but I personally love it would not ever change it! 😂

I love how many fantasy writers there are, it is an awesome genre! My WIP’s name is Dalkeith. My favorite place to write is in my bedroom with a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate. I get inspired when I’m surrounded by all my books and listening to soundtrack music!

Yes, writing outside in beautiful scenery is definitely inspiring to me as well! I personally like how comfy my room is! 😉😂

Thank you! I am super happy to be here!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by AbigailHarder.
                      AbigailHarder
                      @abigailharder

@libby

Hi Libby!

I am SUPER excited to be here! I would love to answer all of your wonderful questions!

I am hoping to have writing as a side career. I would love to be a librarian who writes, lol. I want to be published one day, but unless I end up being a stay at home mom (which I would not mind at all) then writing would become my career. However, right now I would love it to be my side career!

Some of my favorite things in life definitely have to be my family, bookstagram, and the community that comes from it, books, and writing. I am so thankful that God has given me all these things because they just make me so happy!!

Some people who have shaped me into the person I am today definitely have to be my parents, my grandmother for encouraging me to write, Tolkien, Lewis, Corrie Ten Boom (her story and faith has made a huge impact on my life), and a handful of other authors who have just inspired me so much to follow my dreams of being an author!

Thank you, Libby! I cannot wait to get more into this wonderful community! <3

AbigailHarder
                        @abigailharder

@merieshenanigans

Hey Merie,

I was super happy to find you on here, lol! I am super excited to be on here! 😉<3

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@abigailharder Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I see that most everyone has gotten to the questions I want to ask, but let’s see…

What are some of your favorite desserts?

Pineapple on pizza?

Your WIP sounds really interesting! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@abigailharder

Hi! That’s so cool that you like historical fiction. I recommend To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee if you haven’t read it yet. It’s my all-time favorite book! 🙂

I write Biblical fiction myself, and my two WIPs are about St. Paul. The Apostle’s Sister is from his younger sister’s perspective, while The Anointed is from his adopted nephew’s perspective. What’s your WIP about?

And @devastate-lasting, I’m sorry but I cannot understand how anyone would dislike pineapple on pizza. In fact, I ordered some for dinner today! 😀

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@abigailharder 🙂 Oh, I LOVE Scotland (#proudscot) and I love the sound of your WIP!

Of course–Tolkien and Lewis are the top two around here! 😉 I admit I haven’t made it more than a chapter into The Hobbit. *hides away in shame*

Same here! Coffee makes me nauseous.

Another One Night with the King fan! Ugh, I LOVE that movie! Have you read the book? It was even better! And The Princess Bride is fantastic!

@joy-caroline YAS! I love pineapple pizza! Can I borrow slice of yours?

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kathleen
                                @kathleenramm
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@abigailharder

Hi Abigail! Awesome to have you here on the forum!

Your three favorite authors are some of my favorites as well! I’ve been reading a lot of C.S. Lewis’s books lately, (mostly non-fiction), with each book I read of his my respect for him as not just an author, but of a person, grows.

Which one of Tolkien’s and which one of C.S. Lewis’s books are your favorite?

I agree so much about Corrie Ten Boom’s story, although I read her autobiography quite a while ago, I still remember it vividly. Such an inspiring story.

Oh, and writing with Hot Chocolate sounds amazing. I should totally start doing that. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >