Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @joy
      • Total Posts: 59

@Elizabeth Yes, I just joined yesterday, but I’ve been a fan for about three or four months now.

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Emily D
      @emily-d
        • Total Posts: 168

@EpicAddie2 Hi again! I was learning ukelele with a few people all at the same time. What animals do you like Addie? Horses are one of my favourites. 😉

@joy
        Hey Joy! Good to meet you. Hope that you like KP 🙂

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

RaeMarie
        @celticcailin
          • Total Posts: 22

@joy Hi Joy!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! What do you like to write? What are some of your other hobbies?

@emily-d
          I love horses too! Do you have any horses?

Joy
          @joy

I love historical fiction, but lately I’ve been leaning toward fantasy. I like playing computer games like Skyrim and The Guild II, walking, and making graphics and book covers on Canva. Browing Pinterest also takes up a lot of my time too 🙂

What do you like writing? Have you gotten anything published?

Joy
            @joy

*Browsing (sorry)

Kina Lamb
              @kina-lamb
                • Total Posts: 162

@EpicAddie2 Thanks! God just all of a sudden blessed me with a really nice camera recently (I had a Nikon D3100 before that was ok but not good.) I’ve used it a lot and LOVE it, and Daeus made a video with it. He’s almost as happy about me getting it as I was myself about getting it! I think I only have a couple pictures on my site from the new camera – most of them are from the old camera. Do you know about Bible Bee? How did you hear about it? Have you ever participated? I am taking the qualifying test tomorrow. Thanks for your good wishes! Really, I want whatever God thinks is best for me, EVEN if it means I don’t qualify – though, of course, it WOULD be NICE to qualify, since a vacation to S.A. TX depends on it! 😀 😀 I was reminded recently of the hymn, “Have Thine Own Way Lord!” and Isaiah 55:11 which have been my encouragement recently. 😀

EpicAddie2
                @epicaddie2
                  • Total Posts: 794

@emily-d I don’t really have a favorite animal, although I really like birds. Dogs are pretty cool too xD

@kina-lamb
                  That’s so cool! I don’t have my own camera, but since my dad has a couple I will borrow one when I want to take a few pictures. I’m saving up so I can buy my own camera.
                  When you mentioned Bible Bee I looked it up, that’s how I know xD It seems really cool! I hadn’t heard of it before.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                  aldarley.wordpress.com

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb
                    • Total Posts: 162

@EpicAddie2 *gasps* You’ve never participated? Do you live in the U.S.? If so, you can participate!!! And you should!!! You might already know this, but…. this is how BB works:

-You sign up
                    -You get a discovery journal and a small stack of memory verses to memorize
                    -From June 5 until 8 weeks later, (whenever that is!) you go through the discovery journal and memorize the verses
                    -At the end of the summer, you recite 5 of your passages to 2 adults besides your parents
                    -And at the end of the summer, you can decide whether or not to take a test.
                    -If you decide to take the test, then you take the test.
                    -If you take the test and you are in the top 120 qualifiers in your age division (Primary, 7-10 yrs., Junior 11-14 yrs., Senior, 15-18 yrs.,) then you go to NATIONALS!!

-You get a BIG stack of memory passages (probably about 400 verses for Primary, 600 verses for Junior, and 800 for Senior) and you study them however you think is best.
                    -Then you fly/drive/walk/bike/scooter/skate/bus-ride/hop to San Antonio, Texas, and compete.
                    -You recite 5 of your passages, I think, to two judges. And you take a written test.
                    -If you are one of the happy 15 people in your age division, you move up to Semi-Finals.
                    -You recite your verses on stage one after another until there are only 5 people left
                    -If you are one of the five, you move on to Finals
                    -You recite a few more verses and answer some questions, and then you are placed.
                    -If you are in the Senior age division, you get $100,000 for first place. EVERYONE who made it to finals gets at least $1,000. 5th place get $1,000, and each higher place gets more. For the Junior division, the winner gets $50,000 and the winner of the Primary division gets $25,000!

But the real prize is having God’s Word in your heart for the rest of your life!

It is SOOOO worth it!! Of course, if you want to make it to Nationals, you should probably do more than than go through the study and memorize the passages (though you don’t have to.)

This year for BB, I memorized Genesis 1-3 verse-by-verse, studied the Cross References, (they gave a list of them) studied the *study* passages, memorized the Greek/Hebrew Words (there weren’t a lot) as well as the memory passages and the Discovery Journal. I have learned a LOT this year and grown closer to God (if those didn’t happen, I wouldn’t do BB.)

Consider! Sign up! (That’s my suggestion at least. 😀 )

EpicAddie2
                    @epicaddie2

@kina-lamb Wow! I didn’t read all the details, so most of that is new to me. It sounds really cool! It’s amazing that you’ve memorized that many verses! I bet you’ll make it to Nationals!😉

INFJ ~ 4w5
                      aldarley.wordpress.com

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

llama
                        Yikes, I’m late.
                        Bad llama.
                        Anyways.
                        Hi, Addie! Welcome to KP! It’s great to have you here!
                        Word of warning in case you haven’t been warned. Watch out for dragons. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

EpicAddie2
                        @epicaddie2

@dragon-snapper Hi! I have seen a few dragons on here… I’ll be sure to watch out for them xD

INFJ ~ 4w5
                          aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 53

@celticcailin Did somebody say horses?

@joy
                            and @epicaddie2 My name is Holly, by the way. 🙂

Joy
                            @joy

Nice to meet you, Holly 🙂

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99
                                • Total Posts: 1819

@epicaddie2 Ah, yes, watch out for dragons. Some of us are in disguise. *blows a puff of smoke from her snout*

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emily D
                                @emily-d
                                  • Total Posts: 168

@celticcailin Hey! I don’t own a horse, but I do ride some different friends’. I usually ride at least once a week.

Ooo, hey, is anyone here @EpicAddie2 @celticcailin @joy @dragon-snapper @holly-nelson-gray @that_writer_girl_99 @kina-lamb @anyone-else (sorry if I’ve missed anyone!) into MUSIC? *Holly and Dragon Snapper rush over* Yep, I said the M-word. Does anyone else here love it as well? Newsboys, Britt Nicole, Hollyn, et cetera? 😉

@that_writer_girl Hey Elizabeth! Congrats on winning Superhero at KP! 🙂

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >