Greetings

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

Hello all…starting a new topic to introduce myself. 🙂

As I mentioned, I am the oldest in a family of 9 kids. We live on a small farm and raise chickens (speaking of which, the next butchering day is in two weeks). I’ve been writing in earnest for around four years and am currently correcting two books, working on a futuristic trilogy, and starting a retelling of Sleeping Beauty.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Reagan Ramm
      @reaganramm
        • Total Posts: 110

Hello, Hope! Glad to have you on the forum!

How are you going about editing your books?

My Music:
        AndromedaCoastMusic.com

Learn Music Production:
        OrpheusAudioAcademy.com

Hope Ann
        @hope

Mainly reading them over and over and over and correcting them more each time (I normally take one chapter at a time). 🙂 I have several friends who are writers and we correct each others works. Their help has been invaluable and I think I finally have my stories straight in both books and all major changes worked out (one book I decided to extend and ended up adding about 65,000 words). Right now I’m mainly polishing the language, adding/showing more emotion, and trying to make the characters more unique.

Haley Long
          @hislittlerose
            • Total Posts: 24

Hello, Hello!!
            Ooh! You have chickens. What breed?
            Chickens…brings back memories…I used to be the chicken girl… Anyway. 😛

Oh, the retelling of Sleeping Beauty sounds interesting. How are you going about that one?

Hope Ann
            @hope

The ones we raise for mean are Cornish Crosses, I think (I’m not completely sure). We have about two dozen layers too and they are a mix, including Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rocks.

I’m writing the retelling of Sleeping Beauty for the Rooglewood ‘Five Magic Spindles’ Contest…have you heard of it? Anyway, the basic story is somewhat the same but I’ve made a number of changes about who the bad guy is, what breaks the sleeping curse (i.e. she isn’t going to be kissed by a man she’s only met once. ;)), etc. It includes twins, prophecies, Mist Spinners, and the worst drought the land has known in centuries.

Haley Long
              @hislittlerose
                • Total Posts: 24

Oh wow! Sounds like a farm. 🙂

I have not heard of that contest. Who is hosting it?

Ah! Yes! That is one of my biggest pet peeves with some of those fairytales. They KISS a guy, that they JUST MET!!! Anyway. 😛
                That really sounds intriguing! I’d love to read that! 🙂

Hope Ann
                @hope

I know. I like to have ‘true love’ more along the lines of one person giving their life for another rather than someone kissing the first pretty girl they come across in the forest. 🙂

Rooglewood is hosting the contest. You can find out more Here. Last year I entered their Beauty and the Beast contest. I didn’t win, but it was fun.

Rachel Lester
                  @waterandpen
                    • Total Posts: 40

Hi, Hope!

Okay, I love what you said: “I like to have ‘true love’ more along the lines of one person giving their life for another rather than someone kissing the first pretty girl they come across in the forest.”

The second half made me laugh. But it’s so true!

Man, almost everybody seems to have chickens. I love chickens. Not only eating them, but watching them and holding them. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >