Glad to be here!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Glad to be here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Rose
    @ivy-rose
      • Total Posts: 102

Hi everyone!

My name is Ivy and I am a seventeen-year-old homeschool student. I’ve been ‘officially’ writing since I was seven (meaning I wrote stories myself in notebooks), but my parents tell me that I was concocting little stories long before then. My mom blessed me greatly by teaching me to read at age three, and I’ve never stopped! I love reading. Historical fiction is my favorite genre to read, but after beta-reading a friend’s fantasy books (@Hope), I’m quickly becoming a fan. 🙂

I enjoy writing historical and contemporary fiction. My first book, Never Alone, will hopefully be released early 2016. I am planning on indie publishing.

Here is a blurb for Never Alone:

For fourteen-year-old Callie Nickly, the sacrifices that being a follower of Christ require are absolutely terrifying. Because her parents are hunted for practicing unlawful religion, and because they have decided to educate their children at home against government regulations, Callie’s family has no choice but to relocate countless times to evade prison, work camps, and ultimately, death. The many frightening years of living ‘underground’ have taken a toll on Callie’s faith, but nothing could have prepared her for that fateful July night when she and her two siblings were forced to flee for their lives. When a tragic accident separates the children, leaving Callie with severe physical impairments, even her extreme physical pain isn’t enough to mirror the hurts and questions that trouble her heart. Callie is left wondering; is there really a loving God? And if there is, why is He allowing such horrible things to happen?

My blog/website is http://www.lakesidepublications.com.

I’m looking forward to being a part of this group!

Hope Ann
      @hope
        • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome, @ivy-rose. 😉 How is Never Alone coming? Will I get to read it through again? Also, um, what’s indie publishing?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Amanda Fischer
        @wordfitlyspoken
          • Total Posts: 79

Hi Ivy! Nice to meet you. 🙂 Your book sounds interesting!

And Hope, indie publishing means publishing by yourself–“indie” is kind of short for “independent” (self publishing).

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield
            • Total Posts: 405

Hi Ivy! Super glad you’re apart of the forum!

Wow, Never Alone sounds wonderful! Can’t wait for it to be published… (I’ll add it to my, “books to be read”list 🙂

When you’re not reading or writing, how do you enjoy spending you’re free time?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Hannah C
            @hannah-c
              • Total Posts: 362

Hello, Ivy, it’s a pleasure to welcome you to the forum.

Your book sounds awesome! It reminds me of one of my favorite books that was written with very much the same circumstances. Have you ever heard of Counted Worthy by Leah E. Good?

HC

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

Warning: all who enter this forum do so at the risk of their own sanity.

Okay, I’ve filled my obligations. 😛

Welcome just the same, Ivy! And yeah, fantasy is awesome. That’s primarily what I write. What genre do you most like to write?

Ivy Rose
                @ivy-rose
                  • Total Posts: 102

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

Hope, I will beg and plead for you to read it again. You’re the best beta-reader I’ve had yet.

And Amanda said it…indie publishing is the same as self publishing, I just like the ring indie has. 🙂

Rolena, aww, thank you! 🙂 Let’s see, when I’m not reading or writing, I am usually playing an instrument, working in the yard, keeping my family’s bikes in working order, or playing with my awesome siblings. 🙂

Hannah, Thank you very much! No, I’ve not heard of Counted Worthy. I’ll have to check that out.

Thanks Kate! 🙂 I primarily write historical and contemporary fiction.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Ivy Rose.
                  Rosey Mucklestone
                  @writefury
                    • Total Posts: 467

Welcome, dear madam, to our community. 🙂 Delighted to have you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >