Friends..?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    CK4always
    @ck4always
      • Total Posts: 98

SoOoOoO I know I haven’t really been on all that much (and for that, I am truly sorry :(), BUT, I can explain. See, with school homework, studying for my driver’s test, working on art, taking an art course, writing, AND trying to get my ‘rents to let me take acting lessons… *sighs* It ain’t easy keeping up… But I’m back now (for good, I believe), so.. anyone wanna chat with me? 🙂 I’d love to get to know you all 🙂

Lady Iliara
      @lady-iliara
        • Total Posts: 144

Hi @CK4always! I’m new here, but hi! I COMPLETELY understand as I have so much I’m doing (I have a big test on Saturday, am learning to drive, and am actually taking acting lessons). How do you find time for writing in all that?! 😕
        I introduced myself over on here 😃
        What are your hobbies? (Besides writing, art, and acting)? I like to sing and geek out over Lord of the Rings. 😛😛

👰🏻🦊💥
        ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@ck4always I unfortunately don’t have much time for chatting (life XD) but I’m happy to see you back! Welcome. Again. 😉

CK4always
          @ck4always

@Lady Iliara You are?? Would you mind telling me about it (I’d like to know what I might be getting myself into)>? 🙂
            Uh… gifted? XP I actually want my Beloved trilogy to one day become big movies (I would be Cassidy (mostly cuz that character is based of me in SUCH a huge way)). Is that crazy? XP Hmm, read, sing, and hang out with peeps, mostly 😛

Lady Iliara
            @lady-iliara

@ck4always Well, i just started last year, and I’m not sure how similar my acting class is to the typical sort. My class isn’t elite, exactly. 😛 But here’s what I know.
              I’ve got about 12 people in my group. I’m actually the oldest, but I’ve not had as much experience. What I will say is that teachers are always more excited to see enthusiasm and energy than perfectness (if that’s a word LOL). I don’t know how everyone does it, but my classes consist of some warm up/learning time for about an hour; then, because I’m part of one of the troupes (special group) I spend two more hours rehearsing for my play. I’m supposed to practice my songs (it’s a musical) every day (Don’t always do it :P). I do mine from September to January (first semester) then from January to May (second semester). The real chunk of time is the week before the performance, Tech Week, where rehearsal is 4 hours every night. Overall I don’t think the time is too bad, you just have to make sure to set aside a little bit of time (30 min is a good idea) every day to practice.
              Wow. Maybe you weren’t looking for all that. 😆 Anyway, hope that helps!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Lady Iliara.

👰🏻🦊💥

Catwing
              @catwing
                • Total Posts: 2557

@Ck4always Welcome back feline friend. 🙂
                Acting as one of your own characters would be cool if you like acting (I don’t.).

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Lady Iliara
                @lady-iliara

@ck4always Oh! I know what I forgot! I TOTALLY understand the whole “my book will make an excellent movie”! In fact, one of my story ideas might be better off just made into a movie…although then it wouldn’t have “Based on the book by *insert my real name*” in the credits…🤔

👰🏻🦊💥

CK4always
                  @ck4always

@lady-Iliara Wow… that is a lot XP I’ve wanted to be an actress for a long time now, but getting my parents to say ‘yes’ to acting lesson…. Yikes…
                    Anyways, thanks for the info 🙂 I don’t think there are any ways you can take online acting courses… right?
                    I hear ya! I actually would like it if Bells, Rings, Veil, and Forever could be movies… I wonder…

@catwing
                    *licks paw* Glad to be back. 🙂 That’s what I’ve wanted for a long time now…
                    You don’t? How come?

Catwing
                    @catwing

@CK4always I don’t like being in front of people. *shrug* I am introverted you could say.

Joy
                      @dekreel
                        • Total Posts: 2304

@ck4always Hi there! I believe we’ve met before. Welcome back! Yeah I really want to take acting classes too, even though I don’t want to be an actor

You can pronounce it however you want.

Lady Iliara
                        @lady-iliara

@ck4always There’s online acting courses where you could learn stuff, you just wouldn’t (obviously) be able to perform in something. Although there may be a way to take acting courses and then meet up with other kids to do a performance. I don’t know, as I’ve never checked it out. 😀

👰🏻🦊💥

CK4always
                          @ck4always

@catwing I don’t want to be an actress to be ‘in front’ of people. Acting has been my passion since I was 12… I just fell in love with the way people took characters and stories, and brought them to life. I wanna do that someday (if God allows, someday soon). @dekreel I remember you 😉 Hi again 🙂 I wish there was a way I could get my parents to say yes… but every time I ask, they always say ‘we’ll see’ and it never happens….  @lady-iliara How did you get your parents to say yes to acting lessons?

Catwing
                            @catwing

@CK4always So you want to just act… But not perform? Intresting. 

Joy
                              @dekreel
                                • Total Posts: 2304

@ck4always *Lightbulb dings in my head* If you like acting but not performing, maybe you could get into acting on the radio! You wouldn’t have a lot of people watching you, just listening to you! Of course, that doesn’t solve the problem with your parents… Just a silly little long-term idea. 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Lady Iliara
                                @lady-iliara

@ck4always I hadn’t necessarily considered it a feasible life pursuit 😜 but then i talked it over with my mom and she started looking into nearby places where I could take acting classes. We considered maybe joining a church program but eventually she chose this one because the teacher seemed like a good teacher. We went to one of the group’s performances plus I sat in on one of the classes before we signed up. Idk, but maybe your parents would like to do that before committing to something? 🤷🏼‍♀️  (Sorry I don’t have better advice 😕)

👰🏻🦊💥

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >