First 7k words of an epic fantasy novel for critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests First 7k words of an epic fantasy novel for critique

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Samuel P. Robbins
    @samuel-p-robbins
      • Total Posts: 7

Hey, all!

I’m Samuel Robbins, author of the indie epic fantasy series “The Ascendance Trilogy.” The first book, The Empire of Ashes, was published on 01 June 2022 and I’m currently working on the first draft of #2, The Well of Sorrows. I’m about 9000 words into it at this point. I’d like to get a few eyes on it to see how it flows (especially since [most of] you haven’t read the first book).

Here’s the Docs link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LbrVsFI5jzH34bjMgarbzWSMIZzETNBGNfFb2Ps3gSE/edit?usp=sharing Let me know if it doesn’t work. Anyone with the link should be able to open and access the document.

(The interspersed unneeded hyphens are remnants of the paste-over formatting from Word. Disregard them.)

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

@samuel-p-robbins

AHHH THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! OH MY WORD!!! Is this a first draft because if so…

*faints*

NO BUT SRSLY LIKE HOW?!?! HOW IS IT SO GOOD?!

Maaaaan this was soooo great!! I was HOOKED!!

and the Way you wrote God was soooo awesome!!

here, I’ll tag some ppl for u to read this awesomeness and help ya out!

@gracie-j
        @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @devastate-lasting @rmarcher @freedomwriter76 @can’t-remember-ppl XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@samuel-p-robbins. I will most certainly get to reading this, but it may be a little while before I respond. But I will most certainly try! I’m sure it’ll be great! 🙂

Power
          @power
            • Total Posts: 292

@samuel-p-robbins Could you allow comments in the doc? You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it makes it easier to leave more specific feedback.

You will love what you spend time with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >