Feedback

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Feedback

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Libby
    @libby
      • Total Posts: 59

@e-k-seaver

I love the huge moon xD It gives off this mysterious vibe that would intrigue me if I was seeing this for the first time in a book store.

You said to be brutally honest.  Well, I hope I’m not brutal, but if I’m honest, something doesn’t seem… quite right (to me) about the letters.  Maybe it’s the font, or maybe it’s the key, or the filling for the words (plain white).  But despite the lovely background, it wouldn’t be something I’d jump for a chance to read if I was just basing it off the cover.  I’m only amateur in my design skills (if even that lol) but what if you add some shadows to the letters (aaa, not quite sure about that idea, but just playing around)… or made them stand out in some way?  Maybe play with lighting and emphasis of the picture to somehow enhance the title?  I’m not sure xD  These are all just suggestions, and I think you’ve done a wonderful job and I’m just being a bit picky.  Plus everyone else likes it a ton, so take all this with a grain of salt : ) I’d absolutely love to read it when it comes out, though!

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Libby
      @libby

Oh, you know actually it might be more the font of your name at the bottom.  I don’t know.  I took another look at it again and I liked it better.  So maybe I’m wrong : )

E. K. Seaver
        @e-k-seaver
          • Total Posts: 344

@libby that’s exactly the kind of feedback I’m looking for. Do you normally read young adult fantasy / horror stuff?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
          ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
          @e-k-seaver

@godlyfantasy12, The weird title is intentional, so yes. But thanks for pointing that out.

And yeah, the book itself doesn’t fit perfectly into horror so I kinda like it

@writerlexi1216
            , I’ll have yours done by Saturday

@lewilliams

Thank you!

ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
            @e-k-seaver

@writerlexi1216, could you also give me some description of the story?

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Alexa Autorski
              @writerlexi1216
                • Total Posts: 1011

@e-k-seaver

Sure thing! I’m not the best at writing summaries, so it may be a little messy…

So basically, my MC is one of the only people left in the world with special powers (she has telekinesis). You see, there was a war, and my MC had to go into hiding for a little while because people with special powers were being apprehended by the government (who is corrupted). So after the war is over (and magic is gone), my MC goes on a journey to bring magic back to the world, even though she’s still actively being hunted.

So it’s kind of like my MC vs. the corrupted government sort of thing.

Hopefully that wasn’t as bad of a summary as I think… I’ve never really written out a full summary, so it’s not detailed 😀 Again, thanks for doing this! And totally take your time with it

E. K. Seaver
                @e-k-seaver

@writerlexi1216

I have one more with a little bit different font that I’ll put in the next comment. Let me know your thoughts.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
                  @e-k-seaver

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Alexa Autorski
                    @writerlexi1216
                      • Total Posts: 1011

@e-k-seaver

WHOA! This is AMAZING! I love the color palette so much, and how you incorporated the sword and moon and everything! Thank you so much! 🙂 (By the way, I like them both equally) Those graphics are incredible.

E. K. Seaver
                      @e-k-seaver

@writerlexi1216 *melts* thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked them.

Fantasy covers are the easiest, imo

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m
                          • Total Posts: 1242

@e-k-seaver

I LOVE the fonts you chose! They’d definitely catch my attention from a bookstore shelf:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                          Libby
                          @libby

@e-k-seaver Young adult fantasy, yes more recently.  Horror, not so much… I’m usually cautious venturing into it just because, well, I don’t like being horrified and I’ve heard a lot of horror is way too gruesome or gross.  I’m sure there are good books in that genre, I just have never had any recommendations before and I’d rather not go exploring without one : )

Also, I love your book covers for Fortitude, esp. the last one – so neat <3

E. K. Seaver
                            @e-k-seaver

@abigail-m, wonderful, thank you!

@libby
                              , cool, I just wanted to know that you were someone who read in the genre. XDD I’ve had people (mostly on other forums) give me feedback for a genre they don’t even read. It was kinda odd. XD

And I get you about the horror. I don’t read a ton of it (However, I do recommend The Night Gardener by Jonathon Auxier) I generally read it by recommendation too.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@e-k-seaver Girl, those covers look AWESOME! Fantastic job!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >