Does this sound remotly interesting to anyone?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Does this sound remotly interesting to anyone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hullofellowhumans
    @hullofellowhumans
      • Total Posts: 26

Sooooooo…… the dystopian genre is one I love, so I wanted to write s short story. I have an idea, but I dont know id it is any good. Here it is. Feel free ro tell me if you hated it :p

The world has a cap on the population, only 500,000 people at a time. Parents are allowed to have children, but when the child turns three the parents have to choose if they want to keep this one or give it to the government to be disposed of, and try again. Then, if the child has been chosen, they are to be assigned a position. If the cap is at its max, and no positions are available, the child will be terminated.

Then thers a guy who finds books (including the Bible) and he realizes, but the it does not end in a sucesful rebellion. No sir

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@hullofellowhumans. I’m already intrigued! 😀 That sounds like a very interesting book that I would absolutely LOVE to read! And I’m willing to read it whenever you finish it!

And here. Let me tag a few Keepers for you! I hope they can offer something as well!

@seekjustice
        . @kathleenramm. @gracie-j. @elishavet-pidyon. @godlyfantasy12. @power. @koshka.

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1013

@hullofellowhumans

I think it’s most interesting! I’ve never read dystopian before, (I know, strange, right? 😉 ) But your idea definitely holds quite the potential.

I love the idea of someone surrounded by lies finding truth in God’s Word, and although I’m not sure what you mean by the rebellion being unsuccessful, it’s very intriguing. Okay, and a bit ominous. 😆

Go ahead and write it!

Two questions if you want,

Why is there a cap on the population; What horrible false ideology institutes this?

Does anyone resist the child limit law?

Anyway, those are a bit random and maybe not needful, but your idea DOES sound interesting!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1424

@hullofellowhumans

I don’t think I’ve ever read dystopian (@elishavet-pidyon you’re not alone), but that certainly sounds interesting.

What do you mean “doesn’t end in a successful rebellion?” (If it wouldn’t spoil it)

What motivates the government of this place?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Power
            @power
              • Total Posts: 292

@hullofellowhumans sounds like an interesting plot idea. I also enjoy a good sci-fi/dystopian story here and there. What are some of your favorites?

A couple of ideas

1) 500,000 is kinda a low population for a planet. Say, we’re talking about one as tiny as Pluto (About half the size of the US), even in this case, every person would be able to own over 8,000 square acres of land each (12.5 square miles).

2) Since their are so few people, perhaps they are not on a planet (Or if so, could it be man made?), perhaps they are on a massive spaceship, space station, or even in some kinda floating craft on a gas giant.

3) Maybe the children are not really being, as you put it, disposed of. Maybe they are being sent somewhere else for an alternate purpose (Workforce, army, sold to another group, ect.), but its a secret because . . . (Parent really don’t like their kids being turned into slaves)

That’s all. Bye

You will love what you spend time with.

Hullofellowhumans
              @hullofellowhumans
                • Total Posts: 26

Thanks! You do have some very valid points, I will think about that.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@hullofellowhumans

Sounds like a fascinating story idea! I just don’t know that you can fit all that in one short story!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >