Deadline Club?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linus Smallprint
    @linus-smallprint
      • Total Posts: 404

Hello everyone.

I have been struggling to write for quite a while now. Sometimes jumping into it, but constantly getting distracted by other things and making little progress. I want to get back into the habit because my current project still as a long way to go. I find one thing that motivates me is deadlines, that is how I got through my first draft, I had to write at least one chapter each week. The problem is that I have no one to hold me accountable to them, so even though it worked for my first draft, it is not working for my second. Would there be anyone here who would be willing to bug me for progress on my book? Demanding a document, either a chapter or a document on my characters/world, once a week, so that I stay motivated? If you find deadlines motivate you as well, I would be willing to help enforce them on you as well (it does not have to be one document per week for you. Also, it is understandable if something comes up that prevents you from meeting your deadline).

(Note: I will be on vacation next week, so I won’t commit to that weekly deadline this coming week.)

Loopy
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2334

@linus-smallprint This sounds like a great idea! I need a lot of accountability too, though I’m not focusing on writing rn because summer is pretty busy. But I could definitely try to help keep you motivated! I tend to be forgetful, but I can try my best to be helpful

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint

@loopylin

I’m back now. Thank you for volunteering to crack down on me! I will start a separate form in Novel Critique Requests for this. I will tag you.

The Ducktator
          @theducktator
            • Total Posts: 730

@linus-smallprint

This is a great idea! I may have to start something like this for myself. I’m very scatterbrained. so I don’t know how helpful I’d be, but I can try.

🎵How many toes does a fish have, and how many wings on a cow? I wonder, yup, I wonder!🎵

Linus Smallprint
            @linus-smallprint

@theducktator

If you start something, feel free to tag me!

I do have a few people following mine now, but if you would like to join, here is the link. (https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/the-narrow-path-trilogy-book-i-the-cost/)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >