Craft Your Next Story week-long writing challenge

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Craft Your Next Story week-long writing challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

@karissa-chmil

I’ll be there! Super excited for this. (And if anyone needs the YWW pitch, I have it. XP)

Haha! I’d love to hear it. Maybe it’ll help me convince my mom. Lol Yay! Can’t wait to see you there! 😁

Anonymous

@whalekeeper

oH wow really??

Yeah! Glad you found this. Did you participate in CWW?

Euodia
        @euodia-vision
          • Total Posts: 1306

I’m signed up to be there! One of my close friends is apart of YWW and told me about it. 😁

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Felicity
          @felicity
            • Total Posts: 811

@sarafini

Yes I’m gonna be there! 🙂

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
            @kyronthearcanin
              • Total Posts: 697

@sarafini

I wanna be there, but I think I’ll have to miss it. However, I am doing YWW this year, starting in May. 🎉

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Gwyndalf the Wise
              @gwyndalf-the-wise
                • Total Posts: 404

@kyronthearcanin

*cheers for more YWW friends* I’ll keep an eye out for you. =)

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                @kyronthearcanin
                  • Total Posts: 697

@gwyndalf-the-wise

Thanks! I’ll do the same 🙂

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2801

@sarafini

Hey there! Thanks for asking 🙂

I’m doing ok, much better now that it is spring! I’m trying to balance way to many things at once but tbh It’s really fun to me. My parents just got me a book I asked for about making comics, and I’m learning so much from I can’t wait to implement into my story! It’s basically about all the things in comics you don’t consider, like not about how it’s not just drawing, but drawing body language, facial expressions, and characters with unique features. And of course the story telling and paneling aspects.

I’ve got my drive test in like 2 days! I’m a little worried about it because I still can’t parallel park 100% of the time, but my mom and I are going to work on it again today.

My mom/sister/ and I all have some really big decisions to work out, she want’s to move back to our home state, but be far enough away from home she won’t be obligated to visit. If she moves close, I can move in with her and get a chance to try living on my own, but then she’ll be closer to home than she wants to be. So yeah, lot’s of stuff.

So yep! That’s what’s going on with me.

How’s life for you? Are you writing or anything else interesting? <3

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings

Wow! That is a lot. I can totally understand your feelings. I love being busy and Spring too! Lol

How’s life for you? Are you writing or anything else interesting? <3

Actually, yes. Lol A few of my friends are graduating this year and a couple are leaving for college so I’m trying to plan some events with them. I’m also, volunteering to help with the homeschool graduation events such as the ceremony and the junior/senior banquet. I just went to the end of school year homeschool play. This year they did The Little Princess. It was very good!

On top of that I’m going to 2 family camps. 1x as a volunteer in June and the other as a camper in July-August.

And, I’m practicing driving with my mom so I can get my license in the Fall some time or at least by next Spring. 😉

I’m also rewriting a Sci-fi book I finished back in October using the comments from my beta readers. I think I got beta readers a little too soon so hopefully next year (I was hoping to publish this Summer) I’ll be able to self-publish it on Amazon.

I’m actually planning on moving out this June. My parents own an apartment on our property and it’s unoccupied rn. In fact, my dad was using it as an office but it looks like he’ll be taking over my bedroom/personal area so I can move out! I’m so excited!

So, yeah. It’s a lot! Lol

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12
                        • Total Posts: 6645

@sarafini I probably won’t since it’s focused on crafting a new story idea and not writing the current one u have, make sense? But good luck to all those who are joining!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

Ah, I get it. The main reason I’m doing it is the community. I also have a new idea bouncing around in my head. Lol

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@sarafini

All of that sounds so cool! XD I feel like we’re in the same stage, both trying to get a license and perhaps moving out lol.

Oh, that’s great! Beta readers can be such a help, that would be awesome if you published to amazon too!

@godlyfantasy12

I thought that too, but if you check the website for the event, it seems to be about a bit more than just new ideas. It says it’s for people who discover issues halfway through a book, can’t get past chapter 3, or can’t start writing, so I think it might just be about good ideas in general.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings

I feel like we’re in the same stage, both trying to get a license and perhaps moving out lol.

Yeah, I’m guessing we’re about the same age. I’m so close to being an adult. My b-day’s next month! I’m really excited! I’m going on weekend vacation with a friend, my parents, and my younger sister to celebrate. I’m in a weird stage being 17 and having already graduated. Soon that’ll change though. Lol I’m really excited to get my license and a car. I hope you enjoy having a license. I hear it’s so freeing to be able to drive on your own.

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@sarafini

That’s pretty cool you graduated before 18!

I’m still in school for the next year, but I’m doing college classes so I can graduate highschool with an AA degree. Absolutely no clue what I’m doing after that 🤣

And happy B-day! Hope you guys have a awesome time together! 👏🏻🎈🎊🎊🎊🎉

へびは かっこいい です!

Karissa Chmil
                                @karissa-chmil
                                  • Total Posts: 96

@sarafini Yayyy, this is going to be great!

Per the YWW pitch – *clears throat* YWW quite literally changed my life. 🥰 I had been writing for a few years and had scoured the internet for every article on writing out there, yet I wasn’t moving as quickly as I wanted to. Then, after a handful of CWWs, I took the plunge and joined YWW in January of 2021. All of a sudden, I had access to six hundred young writers at any time. I could ask published authors questions at any time. I had people to keep me accountable with productivity, people to brainstorm my stories with, and fantastic friendships to make. A bit over two years later, I’ve written at least five other long projects, serve as a Community Assistant on YWW, and am joining the Author Conservatory in just over a month.

Suffice it to say – YWW showed me that the kingdom is growing by leaps and bounds through storytellers and poets, and that I could be part of it right now. It’s challenged me, equipped me, and encouraged me.

I would not be the person I am today if not for YWW.

wonder | beauty | truth | love

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >