Couple RP!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4732

@princesachronicle22 @rae @theshadow @theducktator

Huntress/Sniper

“Considering we all have our weapons, imprisonment seems unlikely.” said the female talking duck–Natalie–before the last human pair introduced themselves.

“We are normal, middle class, suburban teenagers from the United States of America, and we have no idea what we are doing here.” said the boy called Stephen, who looked a lot like my brother.

“I’d hardly call us normal. Just, where we come from, we don’t have royalty and people’s arms don’t glow, and ducks don’t wear clothes. We have liberty and justice and cheeseburgers and pianos and baseball and guns and memes and pumpkin spice lattes. Speaking of pumpkin spice lattes, I really need coffee right now. I’m tired and undercaffeinated and that makes me really hyper and talkative and also coffee is delicious. This snake is named Sir Pent of the Order of Stuffed Snakes. My dad named him.” the girl with him–Joy–added.

“I’m from the United States also–Boston, Massachusetts, to be exact.” I told them, then nodded to my companion. “And he’s Australian, if you couldn’t tell by his accent. So the two of you are also from Earth. Good to know.”

“I can get behind the Joy girl on the coffee part.” muttered Sniper right after I finished speaking.

“Whatever is happening to us, Joy and I are probably going to make this way more ridiculous than it needs to be. Say, why is everyone arriving in pairs with one guy and one girl?” Stephen asked, the question on my mind as well.

“No idea.” I said, looking around and realizing that I didn’t see one creature without another, even among the new characters. It was like a strange Noah’s Ark situation but with humans (and apparently aliens and ducks). “But I’m sure there’s a reason.”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3560

@keilah-h @theshadow @theducktator @princesachronicle22

Fairy

Fairy strode up and stood by Silvanis, whose shoulder was a couple inches over her head. “Help me out, good people…and ducks, who or what are cheeseburgers, baseball, memes, and pumpkin spice lattes? And in which galaxy is the United States of America, and is Australia the planet next to it? In return, I will tell you that Silvanis is one of so far only fifty six still known to live in the Wondian Galaxy and the entire Fettian Empire who is part of an ancient Nameless Thing race that uses energy power. That’s why he has that birthmark on his forearm. He’s not really normal.”

“Oh, thanks for telling them all about me without asking, Fairy.”

“Your welcome.”

I’ll tell you what shape Silvanis’s birthmark is and what it means when I figure it out. 🙂

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@princesachronicle22 @rae @theshadow @theducktator

Huntress/Sniper

“Help me out, good people…and ducks, who or what are cheeseburgers, baseball, memes, and pumpkin spice lattes? And in which galaxy is the United States of America, and is Australia the planet next to it? In return, I will tell you that Silvanis is one of so far only fifty-six still known to live in the Wondian Galaxy and the entire Fettian Empire who is part of an ancient Nameless Thing race that uses energy power. That’s why he has that birthmark on his forearm. He’s not really normal.” asked the alien creature called Fairy.

“Hmph. ‘Not normal?’ That’s puttin’ it nicely.” Sniper’s voice was hopefully too quiet for anyone but me to hear. He then raised his voice to address the extraterrestrials. “Sorry to say, mates, but you’re dead wrong. In my galaxy, there’s only one planet we know of with life on it. Trust me, my ancestors tried to find another. And each landmass’s separated by an ocean and has a different culture.” He crouched down and traced a circle in the ground with his knife. “North America’s over ‘ere on one side, where Jaylen’s from. We first met in the southern part of it.” He jabbed at roughly where New Mexico would be on the crude but reasonably accurate drawing of the continent. “And if ya go over to the other side…” Another circle, this time with Australia and part of Asia drawn on it. “That’s where I’m from, and where she and I currently live.”

“My twin brother’s obsessed with baseball.” I added, thinking as to how I might explain it. “In the simplest possible terms, it’s a game involving whacking a ball thrown at you with a stick and running once you do that. And cheeseburgers are basically meat, cheese, and often some slices of vegetables stacked between two round pieces of bread.” (I hoped they knew what cheese and bread were.) “I don’t know about the other two things.”

Sniper nodded to Stephen and Joy. “Oy, can ya help us out ‘ere on the ‘memes’ and ‘pumpkin spice lattes’? Sounds like you Americans ‘ave been advancin’ technologically without us.”

(I realize I’m kinda dominating the RP, and I’m so sorry for that, it’s just I’m on consistently from day to day so I usually have time to write my charries answering everyone else’s questions.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

The Ducktator
          @theducktator
            • Total Posts: 725

@princesachronicle22 @theshadow @rae @keilah-h

Stephen

Whacking a ball with a stick? “Baseball is a lot more fun than that quick definition made it sound. If anyone wants to know all the rules, please ask me later. I was one of the best pitchers on my high school team in Cincinnati. If you people and ducks are ever in the United States, you need to watch a baseball game.” He could go for hours about baseball, but they had asked other questions too.

“So, pumpkin spice lattes are a kind of coffee drink with whipped cream and pumpkin pie seasoning. Joy loves them.”

“Yeah, because they’re amazing!” shouted Joy, springing into a cartwheel. “A ton of people, mostly young women, are crazy about them, and the rest of country makes memes about us crazy people. How do you explain memes anyway?”

Stephen had no idea. “Memes are like funny pictures on the Internet, usually making fun of something. It’s hard to explain. If we can get cell service, I’ll show you some. The Internet is this entire interconnected web of technology, in which you can communicate with anyone and post things on social media, which is…another conversation for another day.”

“The true meaning of fall is sitting on the roof drinking pumpkin spice lattes and coming up with plans for world domination with your siblings.” Joy was standing on her head again.

“Why didn’t I know about this?” gasped Stephen in mock horror. “I love world domination!”

“Because I didn’t know you until the end of last fall, and then we had bigger things to worry about. Also, after an unfortunate incident two years ago, we aren’t allowed on the roof anymore.” She turned to address everyone else. “If we have the ingredients, I can make pumpkin spice lattes. I work at a coffee shop. Does anyone know if there is any food at all in this place?

Stephen had once serenaded Joy with a love song at that Starbucks while she was working. The customers had applauded, and Joy had been so flustered, she had to ask the man at the counter for his order six times. He had counted.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@theducktator

(me wanting to answer but I’m gonna hold off till someone else gets the chance)

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

you know what? I’m gonna go for it cause I don’t really want another dead RP on my hands lol

@princesachronicle22
                @rae @theshadow @theducktator

Huntress/Sniper

“If we have the ingredients, I can make pumpkin spice lattes. I work at a coffee shop. Does anyone know if there is any food at all in this place?” Joy asked.

I wanted to know more about the unfortunate incident on the roof and whether it was a “funny” kind of unfortunate or “sad” one, and how it compared to the usual shenanigans the team got up to back home, but the lack of food was probably the more important option here.

Sniper looked around, probably thinking the same thing. “I don’t know about coffee specifically, but I’d say there’s plenty a’ bush tucker in this forest if we go lookin’ for it.” [I’m assuming they’re in a forest???]

“He means survivalist food. Mostly random plants and beetle grubs.” I clarified to the group, most of whom were confused by his Australian slang. Some of them recoiled in disgust at the concept of eating grubs, while a few looked interested. “I’m not going to let him subject you to that if I don’t have to. I mean, these cabins don’t look super run-down, maybe whoever takes care of them left some stuff inside or something.”

PrincesaChronicle22
                @princesachronicle22
                  • Total Posts: 802

@keilah-h

You’re all good😂 Thanks for keeping things moving!

I’m back temporarily and then I’m heading out again, but it won’t be too long before I’m back yet again

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                  And guess what? His is eternal (:

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@princesachronicle22 ok then!!

TheShadow
                    @theshadow
                      • Total Posts: 306

@princesachronicle22 @rae@keilah-h @theducktator

I’m back, and I’ll try to catch up and add something at the end.

TREVOR

“Considering we all have our weapons, imprisonment seems unlikely.” The female duck said. “I am Her Imperial Majesty, Queen Natalie Mallard, Supreme Ruler of All Ducks and Enemy of All Who Eat Duck. My introduction is a lot more dramatic when I have my scepter. Anyway, you all can just call me Natalie. This duck is Robert Gadwall the 47th of the Order of Grumpy Drakes.”

“No, I’m just Bob. Her Majesty won’t call me Bob because I won’t call her Natalie.” Bob, the duck beside Natalie, replied. “If you attack my queen, you die.” Another door opened, and Trevor turned to see another couple, these two human, emerge from a cabin door.

“Hi, I’m Stephen, and this is my girlfriend Joy. We are normal, middle class, suburban teenagers from the United States of America, and we have no idea what we are doing here.” The boy, Stephen, said.

“I’d hardly call us normal. Just, where we come from, we don’t have royalty and people’s arms don’t glow, and ducks don’t wear clothes. We have liberty and justice and cheeseburgers and pianos and baseball and guns and memes and pumpkin spice lattes. Speaking of pumpkin spice lattes, I really need coffee right now. I’m tired and undercaffeinated and that makes me really hyper and talkative and also coffee is delicious. This snake is named Sir Pent of the Order of Stuffed Snakes. My dad named him.” His girlfriend, Joy, said. We also have chocolate milk, and I could use some right now. Trevor thought.

“I’m from the United States also–Boston, Massachusetts, to be exact.” Huntress replied. “And he’s Australian, if you couldn’t tell by his accent. So the two of you are also from Earth. Good to know.” “Remember last time we were there?” Good old Australia.

Fairy stepped forward and asked, “Help me out, good people…and ducks, who or what are cheeseburgers, baseball, memes, and pumpkin spice lattes? And in which galaxy is the United States of America, and is Australia the planet next to it? In return, I will tell you that Silvanis is one of so far only fifty six still known to live in the Wondian Galaxy and the entire Fettian Empire who is part of an ancient Nameless Thing race that uses energy power. That’s why he has that birthmark on his forearm. He’s not really normal.”

“Sorry to say, mates, but you’re dead wrong. In my galaxy, there’s only one planet we know of with life on it. Trust me, my ancestors tried to find another. And each landmass’s separated by an ocean and has a different culture.” Sniper answered, then crouched down and began tracing something in the dirt. “North America’s over ‘ere on one side, where Jaylen’s from. We first met in the southern part of it. And if ya go over to the other side…” He drew a circle. “That’s where I’m from, and where she and I currently live.”

Huntress explained what baseball was, and Stephen elaborated on the explanation. Trevor watched as Stephen and Joy talked back and forth and smiled.

“If we have the ingredients, I can make pumpkin spice lattes. I work at a coffee shop. Does anyone know if there is any food at all in this place?” Joy questioned. “I don’t know about coffee specifically, but I’d say there’s plenty a’ bush tucker in this forest if we go lookin’ for it.” Sniper answered. Survival food? Azalea and I can help search for that.

“He means survivalist food. Mostly random plants and beetle grubs.” Huntress explained  “I’m not going to let him subject you to that if I don’t have to. I mean, these cabins don’t look super run-down, maybe whoever takes care of them left some stuff inside or something.”

Trevor stepped forward. “I say we should split into groups and fan out. That way we can cover more ground and find out exactly where we are and if there’s food anywhere.”

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@theshadow for some reason I’m happy that Trevor recognizes Sniper’s unusual expressions. Maybe we can put them in the same group, try and get my stubborn “adopted” character to make a friend lol

@rae
                        @princesachronicle22 @theducktator

Huntress/Sniper

“I say we should split into groups and fan out. That way we can cover more ground and find out exactly where we are and if there’s food anywhere.” offered the one who’d introduced himself as Trevor.

I agreed with him. “That seems like a good idea to me. The forest doesn’t look dangerous, and we all have weapons if it does end up hiding secrets. The only question is how large these groups will be.”

idea: somebody or one of the groups finds a book or scroll or wall inscription or something which explains why everyone’s here, just so they don’t freak out anymore at being “imprisoned” here.

The Ducktator
                        @theducktator

@keilah-h

Yes! The awkwardness of finding out this is a couples thing would be hilarious.

@theshadow
                          @princesachronicle22 @rae

Should we have like a big cabin somewhere with food? And maybe games?

TheShadow
                          @theshadow
                            • Total Posts: 306

@keilah-h

Lol yes, I think Sniper and Trevor could definitely be friends. Also the inscription idea sounds good.

@theducktator

A big cabin sounds like a good idea too, maybe it could be at the head of the camp or something.

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

RAE
                            @rae
                              • Total Posts: 3560

@theducktator

That sounds like fun! I agree that that should exist.

@keilah-h

That makes sense actually…should it be like a Note stuck inside the big game cabin (if that becomes a thing)?

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator

@rae @princesachronicle22 @theshadow @keilah-h

Joy

“I may be insane, but I’m not eat grubs insane,” said Joy. “That would be even more repulsive than peanut butter and cheese.” She shuddered. That had been one of the worst experiences of her life, but at least she’d gotten five dollars.

“I’d eat grubs!” said Stephen cheerily. “Sounds delicious!”

“Sometimes I wonder why I’m dating you.”

“Grub casserole, grub soup, grub donuts, grub lattes-”

“Don’t ruin coffee for me!” Joy turned right side up. “I don’t have a weapon. My parents won’t let me have a gun until I can actually shoot one.” That was probably a good idea, but it would nice to have a weapon now.

Bob

“What is it with humans and their aversion to eating bugs?” whispered Natalie.

Bob wasn’t sure. “Maybe because they look similar. All arms and legs.”

Natalie laughed. “You are not wrong.”

She had a nice laugh. Had Tina ever laughed? Don’t even go there. “I am in favor of splitting up. Two or three groups should work.” Food would be important. He had to bring Natalie back alive. Otherwise, the ducks would be doomed.

Maybe one of these groups finds Princesachronicle22’s other characters? And I’m leaving on vacation for about 2 weeks on Tuesday, to a place with no internet connection, so I’ll vanish for a while.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@theshadow lol yeah

@theducktator
                                  @rae good ideas!!

@princesachronicle22

Huntress/Sniper

“I am in favor of splitting up. Two or three groups should work.” said the male talking duck–Bob, from what I remembered.

“I don’t have a weapon.” Joy pointed out.

“Most of us do, so you’re pretty protected whoever you go with.” I assured her. “Now, to sort out who’s going where.”

“I’ll take with me whoever wants to go into the forest. There’s bound to be somethin’ there we can catch if we’re outta food here.” Sniper volunteered. “The rest of ya should stay here and wait for us. Don’t want anyone gettin’ lost when it gets dark.”

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 228 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >