Couple RP!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3560

@kyronthearcanin

Sure! Come join us!

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 715

@rae Awesome! I’ll wait to see if anyone else has an opinion lol, but here are the characters I would be joining with…

@keilah-h
        @theshadow @theducktator @princesachronicle22 @I-think-that’s-it?

They’re both Lupinari soldiers. Imagine essentially humanoid wolves. They wear silver armor and walk upright on their hind paws. Age is different in their solar system, Orythia, but they each are the equivalent of maybe late twenties/early thirties in human years, I’d say. They’re canon but not exactly referred to as a couple, because everyone is scared to tell them so haha. They’ll both understand terms like “bird” or “lizard” or “snake” (also “beetle”/insect) but beyond that are only going to know the creatures from the planets they’ve been to. So “cat” or “bear” or “monkey”, whatever other terms, aren’t going to make sense to them.

Sorren

Sorren has light gray fur and silver eyes. He has a plasma knife that flickers on its magenta beam whenever he uncaps it as well as his usual sword. He can be angered but usually not very easily, and he’s skilled in battle. The only one known to make him nervous is Naria. He’s a good singer, though he’s not really aware of it, and he and Naria both are working to get the planet Lacertilia back into order after it’s long bout of tyranny and all the prisoners it kept. He’s used to violence but it still tends to make him a little queasy if he thinks about it to much.

Naria

Naria has dark gray fur and fiery purple eyes. She wears a Zera blaster strapped to her back (the Zera trapped within the bullets explodes when exposed to oxygen, AKA on impact with her target) as well as her regular sword and a dagger. She’s a lot more prone to anger than Sorren, and while she acts mad at him it’s just because she’s protecting him. She taught him how to fight since he struggled as a soldier, and when he left to another planet for a mission, she never got to see him again. Then she was told he was dead. Needless to say, she was angry as well as relieved when she figured out he was alive, and has essentially been his bodyguard ever since. Sorren, on the other hand, is just glad to see her again. She’s easily excited by weapons and isn’t afraid of violence if there comes the need for it. She’s just barely taller than Sorren and has a few small faded scars across her snout from a Serpenree’s (think humanoid lizard) claws.

So there they are XD Let me know if there’s anything else I should add??

Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.

TheShadow
        @theshadow
          • Total Posts: 306

@kyronthearcanin

I don’t think we’ve met before so hello!! I’m Shadow, nice to meet you! Your charries sound great, the wolf idea is really cool!

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin

@theshadow Nice to meet you too!! Haha yeah, I’m a KP veteran, left for a while and now I’m back XD Thanks! Wolves are absolutely my favorite animal. (:

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@kyronthearcanin add them please!

ooh maybe the group out hunting finds them and thinks they’re wild wolves, and then get all confused when the two start talking lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

The Ducktator
              @theducktator
                • Total Posts: 725

@kyronthearcanin

Hello! Nice characters! My poor ducks will probably be scared out of their minds.😂

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@theducktator the poor ducks lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheShadow
                  @theshadow

@kyronthearcanin

Your welcome! My charrie Eldred should like your characters (he has a pet wolf).

TheShadow
                    @theshadow

@keilah-h

That would be fun XD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin

@keilah-h That’d be great XD

@theducktator
                        Ohhh I bet lol

@theshadow
                        Ooh awesome! I would LOVE a pet wolf haha

Okay, here they are, I’ll write them from the beginning like they came out of their cabin. (:

Sorren

I wake up to someone shaking my shoulders violently. Groaning, I blink my eyes open, rolling over to see Naria through a haze. “Please… don’t tell me I passed out.”

Her striking purple eyes dart around, muscles tense. The Zera blaster remains strapped at her back, and her sword and her dagger hang from her belt. We’re in a cabin that feels like the cabins back home, except it’s nowhere near as cold. “I’m not sure what happened, but I don’t like it. We had better not be trapped here.”

“I don’t think it’s a trap. We both still have our weapons.” I pat my sword and plasma knife. “So… something else.”

“Insightful,” she mutters. She stands and hauls me to my paws. I wobble a bit before steadying myself. She smirks. “Graceful as ever.”

“Uh… thanks?”

She draws the Zera blaster, spins it, and checks the magazine. With a growl, she kicks open the door. “I’ve got Zera and plenty of it! Stay back if you want to -” She cuts herself off, her pointed ears twitching, and steps outside.

I follow. Other cabins dot the area, and I catch a scent that’s not quite Lupinari, but definitely not Serpenree. Or any other race. So… what is it? It smells almost like Falcor… maybe birds.

“I vote we don’t go into the other cabins where there might be danger,” I suggest.

Naria sighs. “Of course you wouldn’t want to… nevermind. It’s fine. Blazes, Sorren, get your sword out, you’re practically defenseless.”

“Not with you around,” I point out with a slight smile, but I draw my sword anyway. It’s familiar in my paws after so many years, and I immediately feel more comfortable holding it. “So… into the forest?”

Her smoldering eyes soften a bit when I don’t snap back. “Yeah. Into the forest.” After a moment’s hesitation, she takes my free paw in hers and starts forward, avoiding my eyes. “Come on.”

The Ducktator
                        @theducktator
                          • Total Posts: 725

@keilah-h @rae @theshadow @princesachronicle22 @kyronthearcanin

Natalie

Natalie turned to the remaining people. “There is still an unopened cabin. Should we go say hello, or look for something useful?”

“We are definitely staying away from the forest.” Bob had his sword drawn again. The drake was paranoid. “I just saw some wolves who were shaped like humans enter.” On second thought, maybe he was right.

“They were…shaped like humans?” Natalie asked incredulously. “How does that exist?”

“Joy and I were wondering the same thing when we saw talking ducks with clothes,” Stephen pointed out.

How rude. “Do ducks in your world not speak and just run around naked like a bunch of savages?”

Stephen

“Yes actually. They swim around and eat bread and think humans exist for the purpose of feeding them.”

“Idiots,” muttered Queen Natalie Mallard. “Humans are dangerous!”

She must not know. “Duck hunting is a sport where we come from. Duck is considered fine dining.”

“You take advantage of their stupidity and kill them?!” Queen Natalie was obviously enraged. Maybe he shouldn’t have mentioned that.

“In my defense I don’t eat it. It’s too greasy.”

Queen Natalie ignored him. “You humans are disgusting, evil, vile, horrid, awful-”

Stephen cut her off. “They aren’t civilized like you two. They’re naked quacking weirdos.”

So flattery didn’t work. Queen Natalie looked even madder. Joy suddenly yanked his hand. “Let’s look around. Stop aggravating the duck and do your official boyfriend duty of coffee provider.”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by The Ducktator.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@theducktator @rae @theshadow @princesachronicle22 @kyronthearcanin

LOL I’ve eaten duck and it’s not bad! I kinda like it, but it’s not like I’d eat it all the time. Don’t tell that to Natalie and Bob though.

Huntress

I listened to the odd conversation between Stephen and Joy and the talking ducks. It probably wasn’t a good time to point out that I’d eaten duck also, and enjoyed it, or that there was a family of “naked quacking weirdos” that sometimes hung out in the lake nearby my mom’s house.

What interested me more was the wolves-that-looked-like-people Bob had mentioned. I wanted to warn Sniper not to try and shoot them if he saw them (because he probably would) but I had no telephone or radio or any other form of long-range communication on me right now, and couldn’t just run out into the forest alone to look for him.

Hopefully they weren’t crossing paths with him and his team anytime soon.

TheShadow
                            @theshadow

@kyronthearcanin

Same XD

TheShadow
                              @theshadow

@keilah-h@theducktator @rae @princesachronicle22@kyronthearcanin

Poor Natalie and Bob, it seems like they’re having a rough time XD

Eldred 

Wolf-like people? Maybe they are like the ones in the fairytales mother and father used to tell. Eldred thought.

The duck, Queen Natalie, and Stephen had been talking, and as they did Natalie grew more angry. Joy grabbed Stephen’s hand and said, “Let’s look around. Stop aggravating the duck and do your official boyfriend duty of coffee provider.”

“Yes, if we are all to be together then we must get along.” Rosalind added. “Now, if you two are done arguing, we should try to figure out why we are here and how we got here.”

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

*me RPing because I’m bored and my charries are loners for now XD*

@theducktator
                                  @theshadow @keilah-h @princesachronicle22 @rae

Naria

Whoever dragged us out here is going to meet the sharp end of my sword, up close and personal.

I run my tongue over my sharp teeth and try not to snarl. Sorren’s paw is warm in mine, so I try to focus on that. I remember training with him out behind a cabin in Lupus. He was clumsier then, uneven, and he hadn’t grown into his limbs. Now? I hate to admit it, but he has grown up. A little.

We have to get back to Lacertilia, make sure all the Serpenree stay in check. If we don’t, we’ll have a much bigger mess when we get back. Sure, there are plenty of others helping the cause, but Sorren and I were pulling a lot of weight. Sometimes it seemed like too much. My mind flashes through all the close calls, all the ways Sorren has narrowly avoided death.

“Ow,” Sorren complains.

I wince, realizing I’m practically digging my claws into his paw. I let go and look away. “You’ll be fine.”

A pause from him. I can never tell if I’ve really hurt him. I don’t want to, it’s just… getting too close doesn’t seem like a good idea. Do I really know how much longer he’ll be around? The thought makes me queasy. I don’t care if he’d be beyond the stars with the Phoenix, happy. I don’t know if I could keep going without him.

And I have to admit, that thought annoys me. I shouldn’t have to depend on anyone. I’m a soldier just like he is, and we both made it alone for a long time. Still… I never want to be away from him again. He’s not going to die on my watch.

“You okay?” Sorren finally asks. He nudges my arm, and when I look over he’s giving me a soft smile. “You don’t usually think for this long without checking your blaster is still there, or regripping your sword. And your tail is twitching to the left. You’re distracted.”

I immediately wonder how he notices all those little details, but I decide not to ask. This is not the time to have him flustered. “Yeah, a little. We did just wake up somewhere we’ve never been, with no idea how we got here. I think I’m allowed to be distracted.”

“You’ve missed good prey. I don’t know what they are, but there’s some with long ears and others with long, bushy tails. They could be good cooked, and you must be as starved as I am. You’re usually more… attentive.”

“Yeah, well…” I trail off, ears pricking, and grip Sorren’s shoulder, shoving him behind me. Voices float towards us from somewhere up ahead, unintelligible from this distance. “Quiet. Someone’s coming.”

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 228 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >