Christmas Sci-fi short stories, feedback is necessary

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Christmas Sci-fi short stories, feedback is necessary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

Hey, y’all! I’m writing… you guessed it! A Christmas Sci-fi short story. It’s probably going to be a Christmas gift for my parents so I have a lot to do in the next 3 days. Lol. Anyway here’s the summary: Jessica is told she’s being given the opportunity to move to the more promising rhelm 5 (my world is divided up into 5 rhelms 1 is the poorest and 5 is the richest [my MC girl lives in Rhelm 3]). But she has to decide whether she wants to go or not by January 7th. She’s excited because the only people who care about her are her dad, older sister and oldest brother. Her sister and brother are at college and her dads a workaholic so life’s rough for her. This may be her last Christmas at home. Can she make it the best one ever or will her family get in the way?

That’s my summary! Let me know what you think. I have no idea who to tag so please reply if you see this!

Elizabeth
      @lewilliams
        • Total Posts: 252

@sarafini Oooh I like this!! Especially the last line—really gives you a nice glimpse of the stakes. Also that’s super nice of you to write a short story for your parents for Christmas!!

A couple questions (because I’m curious and decided I’m just going to go ahead and be nosy about your story :P)

1. Does Jessica have a mom in the picture, or is it just her dad and siblings?

2. Are the Rhelms like the Districts in the Hunger Games, or like physical different realms of existence?

3. How does her family feel about this potential move? (Or is this going to be unveiled in the short story?) What’s waiting for her there? A specific or general opportunity? Or perhaps friendship? (Since I’m gathering that she probably doesn’t have a lot of friends…)

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous

@lewilliams

Hey! Thanks! I will be giving snippets once it’s finished.

1. She has a mom, dad and 8 siblings. 6 of them are mean to her and 2 siblings are her best friends.
          2. This was inspired by the hunger games so yes they are districts.
          3. She has 2 best friends besides her siblings. A good education, money (she can get a job there as long as she’s over 10).

I’m doing an anthology with a friend so this will be published in that. We hope to have it out there by the end of next year. That’s our goal anyway. My series will give more details too. This short story is a prequel of sorts. 😉

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3202

@sarafini

That sounds really cool!! Once your done, I’d love to read it if you’re willing to share!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous

@esther-c

Yeah, no problem. I definitely will once it’s edited.

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3202

@sarafini

Awesome!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Elizabeth
                @lewilliams
                  • Total Posts: 252

@sarafini Very nice, very nice! Though, wow—8 siblings? I would be so overwhelmed.
                  Definitely let us fellow Keepers know when your anthology comes out!!! I’d love to read your story 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >