Choosing a Writing Platform??

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform Choosing a Writing Platform??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Maile
    @jodi-maile
      • Total Posts: 138

Hello, my friends! It’s been a minute since I was last on here. I’ve missed you all!

I have a question for any of you who have tried writing platforms similar to Wattpad, for context. I recently finished co-writing a book with my sister and we’re not sure what we want to do with it yet, so we’ve decided to try uploading it to a writing site over the summer to see if there’s even any interest in it. This is to help us figure out if we want to continue trying to self-publish it, bc we’re a little burned out on self-publishing after working hard on the upcoming launch of one of my sister’s books, and bc if there’s no reader interest in our co-written book, then why bother, right? XD

Anyway, I wanted to ask y’all if you had any tips or recommendations about any writing sites we can try uploading our book to, or if that’s even a good idea? Any other recommendations about what to do with the book would be appreciated! We’re taking a break from doing any extreme editing or publishing work with this novel over the summer bc we’re so burned out, and we want to make sure we give it our best effort instead of pushing through and publishing something that’s only half good.

I’m going to copy and paste some tags! No pressure if you don’t feel like participating, but any feedback is really appreciated <3

@godlyfantasy12
      @daisy-torres @joy-caroline @autumn-rebecca @elfwing @unsung @kathleenramm @emilysf @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @faith-q @lydia-s @emily_d @keilah-h @elanor @trahia-the-minstrel

Lydia S.
      @lydia-s
        • Total Posts: 399

@jodi-maile

Welp, I’m late. *facepalm*

Honestly, I don’t have any experience in this area, so I don’t think I can help, I’m sorry. 🙁 I hope you find the info you’re looking for, though! Wishing you the best with this project. 🙂 <333

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@jodi-maile I know I wrote an article about online publishing for @gracie-j sometime last year, hopefully you can find it here in the first issue: https://skysthelimitpress.wixsite.com/home/the-journal

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Jodi Maile
          @jodi-maile
            • Total Posts: 138

@lydia-s Thanks for chiming in anyway! XD

@devastate-lasting
            Thank you so much! I know you have a lot of experience with online publishing, so I’m really glad you wrote an article about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >