character relationship, input please!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters character relationship, input please!!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Abigail.M.
    @abigail-m
      • Total Posts: 1242

@elfwing

AH! I’m so late in reading this, but my goodness! Those excerpts most certainly brung a smile to my face! It’s fantastic and I just have to say I LOVE SATHOR! He’s so cute and I laughed all through Tyroll’s awesome prank. Like I could just SEE it all happening so clear, Sathor groaning and looking at his sleeve and mortification on his face as he thought he ripped his pants XD Poor guy, I loved all of it. Thank you so much for sharing these, they were amazing:)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Abigail.M..
      Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@abigail-m Thanks!!! So glad you enjoyed them!!!! 🙂

You’re most welcome!! I’ve decided to share sneakpeeks like these in my emails for subscribers, hehehehe

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Trahia the Minstrel
        @trahia-the-minstrel
          • Total Posts: 193

@elfwing

I loved your story, especially that first section! It had me hooked!

I love Faeda and Sathor’s relationship. I thought they were brother and sister in the first except, but in the second I realised they were just good friends. That’s really refreshing to see.

What genre is your book in? And what age range?

Also, have you considered traditional publishing? It’s quite hard to break in, but if you do, they pay you. And you can always self-publish/indie-publish if the traditional route doesn’t work out. Just interested cause I’m gonna try for traditional with my book.

Um, yeah, so the link I was trying to imbed isn’t working, so I recommend going to JerryJenkins.com and into the publishing section of his blog, and choosing the How to Publish a Book article. I found it helpful, and it covers both self-publishing and traditional publishing, though he recommends not trying self-publishing until you’ve at least had a whack at traditional.

Feel free to take all of this with a pinch of salt. I just wanted to share it with you cause I’m excited about the idea of trying traditional. If you don’t gel with that, I totally get it.😉

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
          That’s my wish to create.

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@elfwing

Oooh, that’s an excellent idea!:)

Elfwing
            @elfwing

@trahia-the-minstrel

Thanks! I am glad you like it! I try to put lots of friendships in my stories because I am a sucker for good loyal friendships and tragic heartbreaks and I don’t like writing romance much…

My book would in the fantasy genre and I’d say teen for age range because of the wars and plagues and content like really evil people who do some cruel things and people with severe PTSD and other things kids don’t need to be reading. There is no foul language, gory or sexual scenes but I just wouldn’t be comfortable letting someone under 13 read it.

My goal is writing a clean fantasy story but it’s not age-appropriate for children.

Thanks for the resource, I will definitely check it out, because I’m all for learning more information! 🙂

For now I plan to go with independent… I am currently getting stuff lined up with a plan to publish next year. 🙂

I have considered traditional but interacting with people is not my strong suit, and I have a knack for confusing people and losing things. XD

Aaaand a more selfish reason is that I want to do it myself so I can say “hey! I published a book! I put all the work in and most people may think it sucks but I did it! so there!” XD

sorry if that’s overbearing XD I’m an all-or-nothing kind of person. I’ve worked hard to write this for over two years and the thought of other people changing or rejecting my precious work is too much.

Traditional looks really cool and I am thinking of using that route someday, but not right now.

I wish you all the best with your book!!! I am glad you have found what you want to go with, that’s so awesome!!! 😀

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Trahia the Minstrel
              @trahia-the-minstrel

@elfwing

Thanks! Your book sounds cool! And I totally get what you mean — self-publishing gives you a lot more control over everything from the cover to the content, from what I’ve researched.😊

Elfwing
                @elfwing

@trahia-the-minstrel Thanks so much! Hopefully, you can read it someday 😉

Trahia the Minstrel
                  @trahia-the-minstrel

@elfwing

I look forward to it!😁

I’m thinking of making this it’s own topic sometime, but do you think it’s cool to write fantasy as a Christian that’s not overtly Christian and isn’t really about the characters’ faith or the Creator in their world, but has a lot of Christian themes in it, like hope, sacrifice, good family relationships, etc?

Basically clean YA fantasy that people from the secular market wouldn’t mind reading cause it’s not preachy, but also that people from the Christian market would enjoy because it’s clean and wholesome? What are your thoughts on this?

(I should totally start a topic on this😂)

Elfwing
                    @elfwing

@trahia-the-minstrel you mean what I mainly write?? I have been making it for the reason C. S. Lewis once said; The world does not need more Christian literature. What the world needs is more Christians writing good literature.” if I can make a good book to be enjoyed by all while keeping the values of the Scriptures enough to be recognized, I am happy! I don’t want to be beating people with books. Trusting Christ to save you is a personal choice, not a forced one. I’m sick of people preaching at people til they’re blue in the face. Yes, everyone has sinned but they don’t need to be beaten down to the point they’re bitter at us. We are to give them the Living Water, not drown them in it.

sorry, long rant. My goal in writing is to make a difference, and I think it’s totally cool to write this type, it’s my passion. :))

Trahia the Minstrel
                      @trahia-the-minstrel

@elfwing

Yay! My reason for writing too!😁😄😊

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >