Character & Background Yard Sale

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Character & Background Yard Sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janellebelovedpig
    @janellebelovedpig
      • Total Posts: 141

Howdy! If you’re like me you start characters and backstories but fizzle out on plot lines and the actual story adventure you want them to have. I have a whole file full of them that, chances are, I’m never gonna revisit, but I feel bad just throwing these characters away. So here’s my “Yard Sale.” Feel free to take any character/backstory you want and make them your own. 🙂

Also, if you have a character or backstory you really like, but don’t have a story for, feel free to add ’em on here!

Janellebelovedpig
      @janellebelovedpig

Storylines:

• A newly transferred tiger escapes the zoo and a team of zookeepers has to work quickly to keep the community and animal safe
        • An old used coat from an antique store sends the buyer off to solve a mystery by what he finds in the pocket. But was it an accident that it was him who bought it? Or is there a deeper connection than he first realizes?

Titles:

• 3 part series, patriotic themed: In the Red, White Lies, and Out of the Blue
        Janellebelovedpig
        @janellebelovedpig

Storyline:

• A young girl having to spend Thanksgiving in a homeless shelter, storms out to the old train car outside to brood, only to find herself taken back in time to the late 1800s, an clickety-clacking orphan train, and a young orphan named Bertha about to get off at a little Midwestern town.
          hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1354

@janellebelovedpig

Aww, this is a cool idea! I have a lot of half-finished (ok, not half xD) stories, I’ll have to maybe add some here

Thank you for sharing!!

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009
              • Total Posts: 1977

@hybridlore @janellebelovedpig

Heyyy! I’m adding some of mine!

Storyline

• A teenage girl discovers a dark secret about her family history. Her parents aren’t as normal as she once thought-they’re CIA agents. They’ve been captured by a ruthless gang called the Red Razors, armed with dangerous mind reading technology and high tech weapons. At first, she’s helpless. But then she realizes that maybe her mind is more powerful than she realized. She alone can save her parents, she alone can save the world.

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
              @savannah_grace2009
                • Total Posts: 1977

Characters:

• Brian Elrod. He got  mixed up with some drug dealers as a teenager, and ran away from home, too ashamed of what he had done to face his family. Now a grown man, he is too afraid to go back home. But when his sister disappears, he knows he can’t hide for long. Can he get the courage to help save his family before its too late?
                • Heaven Elrod. She’s Brian’s little sister. She feels hurt that Brian ran away, and their family has never been the same since. Heaven is the first of the triplets.
                • Faith Elrod. She’s the second of the triplets.
                • Hope Elrod-Whitlock. The CIA agent. She and her husband, Bennet, were kidnapped and never seen again, leaving behind a heartbroken family who believed them to be dead. However, they are very much alive, but need rescuing before it’s too late. She is the third of the triplets.
                • Emily Whitlock. She’s a fifteen year old girl who misses her parents. Ever since they’ve disappeared, there’s been too much crying, too much fear. The adults whisper when they think she’s not looking, and she can’t help but wonder if there’s something they’re not telling her. Can she discover the secret in time to save her parents?

Lukas&Livia
                #Lalbert
                Sef&Chase
                #HOTTOLINE
                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

hybridlore
                @hybridlore
                  • Total Posts: 1354

@savannah_grace2009

Looks cool! I’ll have to see about adding some of mine on here.

There is always light behind the clouds.
                  - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 590

@hybridlore @savannah_grace2009

Oh I’ve got plenty of ideas… somewhere XD. If I can locate them, I’ll add them.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Trailblazer
                    @trailblazer
                      • Total Posts: 590

@anyone

Oops… said I’d find some and then forgot lol. Well, here ya go… I have a plot idea that I might not ever get to, so feel free to use them if they strike your interest.

– A young Christian journalist takes a job with a news outlet, but quickly discovers it isn’t all she dreams. She begins to notice that lies and fabricated stories are being reported, and when she tries to report the truth, she gets death threats and mysterious notes, emails, and texts. She’s put in the position of choosing between risking her life and standing for truth, or staying silent and living with a guilty conscience knowing she could have exposed the corruption. The main character for this plot could be a guy, too, if you so choose.

That’s the best I could find for now… the rest of my ideas were fragmented notes with no solid basis.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >