BRANDON SANDERSON

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hullofellowhumans
    @hullofellowhumans
      • Total Posts: 26

Does anybody here like Brandon Sanderson? He is one of my favorite authors; if you haven’t read his stuff, I would recommend it!

Hullofellowhumans
      @hullofellowhumans

Wow. I actually used a semicolon (Totally not Grammarly’s doing)

Hullofellowhumans
        @hullofellowhumans

Oops, wrong forum. heh

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom
            • Total Posts: 1250

@hullofellowhumans

Yes, our friend Sando is da best!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

PrincesaChronicle22
            @princesachronicle22
              • Total Posts: 759

@hullofellowhumans

Heeeeyyyy!! I love Brandon Sanderson!!!! What’s your favorite of his books? (If you can choose, I can’t XD)

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
              And guess what? His is eternal (:

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2605

I really want to read his stuff. His lectures on world building and plot are MinD-BlOWinG

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Hullofellowhumans
                @hullofellowhumans

Yes, you very much should read his stuff. I recommend starting with Mistborn or Skyward. Both great. Or if you want a challenge do the way of kings

Hullofellowhumans
                  @hullofellowhumans

Oh its gotta be Words of Radiance. The book was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it so much. “Honor is dead, but I will see what I can do”

Otherworldly Historian
                    @otherworldlyhistorian
                      • Total Posts: 217

@hullofellowhumans

Personally for me Sanderson is pretty good. He does have some good writing advice (ie laws of sanderson). I have only read the first two stormlight books. They were good but I didn’t check the third one out. I have been reading other stuff and haven’t gotten back to them. Personally I wasn’t very impressed by the first stormlight but the second one was pretty good.

Through darkness,
                      light shines brightest

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 2605

@hullofellowhumans How many books has he written?? I know he’s renowned for being a fast writer…

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom

@whalekeeper

If you go on google, he’s written at least 50 so far. But yeah, it’s actually comical how fast he can get really good books out. He’s a brilliant author who just doesn’t stop! ‘Oh yeah, here’s these 3 different 5000 page books I’m writing right now guys, here’s my progress on each, and, oh right! I almost forgot, I might as well mention I secretly wrote 5 more behind your backs within the space of 3 months!’

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Otherworldly Historian
                          @otherworldlyhistorian

I have found (and not to criticize Sanderson) that generally his books fit within my pretty good list but never really get to the top of my personal charts. This could also be because I haven’t read the right ones yet or the fact that I generally prefer dark fantasy (@folith-feolin tells me that stormlight gets better (which words of radiance gives me hope of) (side note, does anyone else feel like Kaladin gets too much book one screentime and is kind of dull in that one)). I get how lots of people like his stuff though. This is more of my personal preference.

Through darkness,
                            light shines brightest

Otherworldly Historian
                            @otherworldlyhistorian

I have found (and not to criticize Sanderson) that generally his books fit within my pretty good list but never really get to the top of my personal charts. This could also be because I haven’t read the right ones yet or the fact that I generally prefer dark fantasy (@folith-feolin tells me that stormlight gets better (which words of radiance gives me hope of) (side note, does anyone else feel like Kaladin gets too much book one screentime and is kind of dull in that one)). I get how lots of people like his stuff though. This is more of my personal preference.

Through darkness,
                              light shines brightest

Hullofellowhumans
                              @hullofellowhumans

The first stormlight archive book was supposed to be Kaladins, so that is why he had more screen time. I myself did start to get kinda bored of that too. Words of Radiance for me just steps everything up. The characters get great development and the climax was great. I am reading the third one right now and it is pretty good(Though I do still have like, 1000 pages left lol)

TheArcaneAxiom
                                @thearcaneaxiom

@otherworldlyhistorian

I can respect that. What some say is the best thing about Sanderson is that he gives great gateway stories for whoever is looking to get into darker fantasy. He knows how to just write people, and how to create an intriguing and different world, and as he says himself, he’s a showman. Maybe some might consider him the Bob Ross of writing with how fast he can do it as well, though he obviously has a different personality. I actually loved Kaladin’s character, and was never tired of reading him as a Bridgeman, I did occasionally get bored of the flashbacks I’ll admit though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >