Brainstormers this way

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Brainstormers this way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Hi guys,

As most of you know, a while ago I did a survey called The Reader Behavior Survey. You can find the results of that survey here on KP.

Well, I got inspired to do another one. The idea with this survey is to let readers tell us what they want to see in the novels they read. I have 13 questions so far, but I’d like to come up with some more. That’s why I created this thread. I know you all have great imaginations, so would you be able to help me brainstorm this?

https://goo.gl/forms/vuI2DrL6hr8EGcEH3

Btw, don’t take the survey yet because this isn’t the final version. 😉

@dragon-snapper
      @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @winter-rose @jess @northerner @that_writer_girl_99 @salome01w4g @josiahdeboer @shannon

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Daeus.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
      @salome01w4g
        • Total Posts: 991

@daeus
        Hmm….. I think the questions are pretty good, they’re a little hard to understand, but maybe that’s because I’m fairly new the writing jargon. 😉

I don’t think my ideas are very good but here’s what I thought,

1) Can you list some of your favorite books, what did you like about them what did you not like about them… (I feel like you may have already that in there though correct me if I’m wrong)

2) What is the most annoying/ best thing about your favorite Genre? (Have them list the genre)

3) What makes that genre your favorite? (kinda a follow up on the above one)

4) What makes conflict in a story seem more realistic? (I may be the only one but sometimes the conflict in stories especially modern , or historical fiction based stories is unrealistic and a bit of a turn off.)

I hope that helps! Also will the results be put on KP??

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Hannah.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 859

Hey @daeus. That’s a great survey idea! So, like Hannah, I’m not extremely sure what all the questions mean, being pretty new to the writing jargon. Maybe you would want to simplify them a little bit, because I don’t think that the average reader is going to understand all of those.
          REALLY good questions ideas though. This will make a great survey!

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus I’m very proud of myself for remembering not to take the survey this time… oh yeah, and thanks for the reminder. XD

Really strong survey already. My only idea is that maybe you could make some that are genre-specific— for instance, what genres do you want more of, or what are some common problems with this genre that really annoy you, or what do you like to see from this genre, etc. That might be a little detailed for a general overview, but I’d hate to leave your topic without at least one helpful suggestion. My motto being, as Smeagol says, ‘Always be helpful’. *nods*

Just out of curiosity, how big is your survey pool?

Daeus
            @daeus

@salome01w4g @shannon @kate-flournoy Thanks for the feedback.

Hannah and Shannon, I’ll try to make the wording simpler. I may come back to get your opinion on it when I’m done.

Hannah, I expect it will be published on KP. However, that will be up to Josiah, so I can’t say for sure.

Kate, I appreciate your always being helpful. Just don’t bite off my finger ever, okay? I think having some sort of genre questions would be a good idea.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
              @daeus

@salome01w4g @shannon Now that I’m looking through the doc, I’m not seeing much jargon. Could you point out anything in particular that stood out to you?

@kate-flournoy
                What do you mean by survey pool?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

@Daeus Smeagol wouldn’t hurt a flea! Smeagol swears never to bite off your finger. We swears… on the Precious.

Oh yeah, I just meant, how many people will be taking the survey? How big is your field of feedback?

Daeus
                  @daeus

@kate-flournoy The sneaky thing about that comment is that you never said you wouldn’t bite my finger off.

Well, I won’t know until it ends. Personally, I could probably get 100 to take it. Maybe more. I expect to convince others to share it for me though. I’m aiming for 1,000. Last time I got 225 some. Most likely I’ll end up with 300-400.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

*rolls eyes* I WON’T BITE YOUR FINGER OFF.

There. Now good luck figuring out which of me it was that was talking at the moment.

Cool. Good luck. 🙂

@Daeus

Daeus
                      @daeus

@kate-flournoy I’ll just counter that deceptiveness by saying that I won’t bite off your finger either. *smug look*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
                        @salome01w4g
                          • Total Posts: 991

@daeus
                          No problem! 😀
                          I’m going to copy and paste what was confusing to me.
                          1)
                          “Some readers are very trusting, while others are on the critical side. If you are just trying out a new author, what do you need to see in their story to know that you can trust them?”

and the other stuff I just had to read twice to really understand.

and everything else seems to be fine, the new stuff looks great! (I think I’m over using and….. 🙂 )

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Daeus
                          @daeus

@salome01w4g Okay, what that’s asking is, “If you’re careful about what you read, what signs do you look for to tell you that the book you have in hand is going to be faithful to your trust?”

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

@Daeus *spends the next ten years of her life calculating the probable number of Daeuses in existence and which one she needs to steer clear of*

Daeus
                              @daeus

@kate-flournoy 😛

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                                @daeus

@kate-flournoy But you forget, I’ll be dead by then.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >