Blog Scavenger Hunt

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Blog Scavenger Hunt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

Here I am again! XD

So, I had a brilliant idea the other day–what if we did a blog scavenger hunt?

For those who may not know what that is, a blog SH works similarly to how a physical one does. You start at Stop #1, read the post, collect the clue (which is usually a snippet of text that makes up a larger sentence/phrase), and enter in a giveaway. Stop #1 will then direct you to Stop #2, where you repeat the process until you gather all of the clues (which now form a complete sentence or two) and end at the last stop. At the last stop, you enter the full stream of text into a form and enter to win in the group giveaway! These usually last about three days–Friday, Saturday, and Sunday–and have some fantastic prizes.

Not all of us have books to give away, but you can do things like short stories, sneak peeks, graphics, gift cards, whatever you can think of! You can host a giveaway on your own individual post, or just contribute to the grand prize at the end.

Anyway, I’ve put together a Google Doc with more info to share with those who are interested. If you are not (or don’t have a blog), please share with your blogger friends!!! I want as many people to join as I can get, so that we can spread the summer fun (summer is the theme of the hunt, since it’ll run from May 7th to the 9th) and support each other!

If you are interested, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/fctjMbbcCmwmtbMTA

Signups are open until the end of the month. Once they close, I’ll add everyone to the doc and get all the posts in order and the clue snippets out!

If you have any questions, please ask! If you’d like to host a giveaway but don’t know how, I have multiple methods I can share with you!

@issawritery @mkfairygirl @lewilliams @e-k-seaver @r-m-archer @jennaterese @lewilliams @joy-caroline @scripter-of-kingdoms @kayleigh-idea @anyone-else-who-has-a-blog

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j

@issawriter7 @jenwriter17 @y’all-i-type-too-fast @and-if-i-go-back-to-edit-i-lose-the-whole-post @so-just-cut-me-some-slack-please

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7
          • Total Posts: 976

@gracie-j

First off, loooove the issawritery thing.🤣🤣🤣 Honestly, I kinda wish that was my username now. 😉 Secondly, EEEEKK THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! I did something similar to this in January when TWN hosted Escaping the Blogosphere, it was a virtual scavenger hunt that lots of other bloggers helped participate in. We had a lotta fun, so I am just SUUUPER EXCITED to do something similar to this again!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! What a great way to get the blogging community active together! I will probably also be hosting a small giveaway (’cause you can NEVER have too many giveaways going on), so if you need me to let you know what I might give away, I can totally do that!!!! <333

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
          TeenWritersNook.com

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@issawriter7 Issawritery!! That’s not too bad, is it? XD

YAY!!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!! I’m so glad you’re joining up! You can do it on both sites, if you want! I’d love to have Katherine join in!

You can let me know, if you want! (YES, never too many giveaways!!!) We’ll get the grand prize squared away once everyone’s signed up!

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7
              • Total Posts: 976

@gracie-j

Haha, nope it’s not too bad. Issawritery, it really grows on ya. 😉

YAAY!!!!! I am SOO EXCITED AND PUMPED for this!!!!!!! Oooh AWESOME!!!!! I think Kat’s gonna definitely sign up (if she hasn’t already. 😉 ), so I’ll probably end up doing it on Into My Writing Journey. Unless, if we’re in need for some more sites, TWN can always have it twice. 😉

Okay, I’m having some debates, I could giveaway a short story of mine or a free critique or some graphics designed by yours truly since that’s like the main thing everyone wants me to giveaway, I’m serious. The only problem is I got exhausted having to design soo many things that I’m not too sold on doing it again    longest strikethrough ever!   XD I dunno, what do ya think? Any suggestions? AWESOME!!!!! Sounds perfect!!!!! <333

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
              TeenWritersNook.com

Katherine
              @mkfairygirl
                • Total Posts: 549

@gracie-j This sounds like a lot of FUN, Grace!!!!!!!!!😃 I signed up and I’m so excited!!!!!!😀 I’ve never hosted a giveaway before, so I guess I’m in need of some ideas and how-to methods.😂 Oh, and thank you so much for tagging me!!!!!!!!!😀😀<333

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                Fall in love with Jesus

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j

@issawriter7 Fantastic!

Hmm…personally, I think a critique or short story would be awesome! I wouldn’t want you to stress yourself out designing a ton of graphics! You do whatever works for you, girl! Think about it–we’ve still got a couple weeks.

@mkfairygirl
                  Thank you for joining up! You’re so welcome! 🙂

So, one of the easiest ways to do a giveaways is to draw random winners from the comments section. Another way (which I honestly like better) is to use Rafflecopter. They’re free to use and will allow people to enter by completing certain tasks (commenting, subscribing, whatever you decide), then draw random winners when the giveaways closes!

I usually give away a book, but since I’ll be doing two giveaways, I was thinking of some other alternatives, and here’s what I came up with:

• A short story/flash fiction written specifically for the winner
                  • An exclusive sneak peek at whatever you’re writing
                  • A gift card (that’s a maybe XD)
                  • Blog guest post

Those are just a few ideas! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@gracie-j

Thank you so much for tagging me!

Could you tell me more about the topic of this scavenger hunt? I’m a little confused, it sounds like it will be about books set during the summertime? I’m not sure so if you could please explain? I’m so sorry. 😅

Gracie J.
                    @gracie-j

@joy-caroline You’re welcome!

So, it is summer themed, and I was thinking we could talk about what books we’re looking forward to reading in the summer, new releases in the summer, what we’ll be writing in the summer (how many times I can say “in the summer” XD)! And since I’ll be providing copies of my books for the grand prize, those on the scavenger hunt will have some new material for summer reading! Make sense?

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@gracie-j

Ah, I see! Thanks for explaining.

It sounds like a ton of fun, however I’m not sure if I’ll be able to participate. I’ll think about it awhile and let you know before signups close. 🙂

Again, thanks for thinking of me!

Elizabeth
                        @lewilliams
                          • Total Posts: 252

@gracie-j Ooh this looks so fun!!! Thank you so much for tagging me:D

I’m *cough* currently trying to survive the last two weeks of college–would it be okay if I let you know in the coming days? Either way I’ll definitely be keeping my eye on this!

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j

@joy-caroline That’s fine! You’re welcome!

@lewilliams
                            Oh, of course! I knew you’re busy, so I totally understand if it’s too much, but definitely let me know!

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@epicaddie2 @ribbonash I totally forgot to tag y’all! Would you be interested in joining?

@daisy-torres
                              Hey, I was wondering if you’d like to join the giveaway? I think it’d be super cool to include a copy of Era of Shadows in the grand prize!

Daisy Torres
                              @daisy-torres
                                • Total Posts: 691

@gracie-j Oohh that’s a brilliant idea!! I’ll have to think about since my schedule is a bit crazy rn, but I would totally love to if I can!! Thank you for the thought <33

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j

@daisy-torres Awesome! Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >