Beta readers wanted for Sci-Fi! (Rated PG)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Beta readers wanted for Sci-Fi! (Rated PG)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

I am working on a sci-fi series with the last book being Christian fiction and the others having light Christian themes as well. They are clean, but there is some violence (although I try not to get too heavy with it. The worst is when a guy gets in a fight in the prologue and his eye is cut, but it’s not really gory. Another part would be when a main character finds out they’ve had some surgeries done on them.)

So far the novel is about 55,000 words long, but when I finish the third part, I imagine that it will be about 80,000 words. But there may be a fourth book, depending on some things.

If anyone is interested, or has any questions, please feel free to say something! Thanks!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres I’d love to beta read it for you! Do you have a deadline or anything?

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres

Yay, thank you!! No, I don’t. I have the first two parts finished and am working on the third. When the third part is done, I’ll send off for a copyright (which usually takes about three months) and then it should be good to go!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j
            • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres Sounds good!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

E. K. Seaver
            @e-k-seaver
              • Total Posts: 344

@daisy-torres
              Hey, is this a second draft? And what kind of editing would you be looking for? (I assume it’s a second/third draft because that’s when beta readers come in.) Are you planning on sending it to an editor after the betas/beta edits? (also, fun fact, if you came up with the ideas, you don’t have to send it to get it copyrighted.)

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
              ekseaver.wordpress.com

Daisy Torres
              @daisy-torres

@e-k-seaver It is the second draft! The first draft was a historical fiction and then I had some ideas and completely rewrote the whole thing XD

I am planning on sending it to an editor as well.

Oh, really? I didn’t know that! Would you mind telling me how? I thought you had to have it to keep it from being stolen or anything?

E. K. Seaver
                @e-k-seaver
                  • Total Posts: 344

@daisy-torres, Oh, cool!

That’s definantly good.

Nope, you have the first creative rights, which basically means that if you came up with it and created it, then no one can steal your work. (Not to mention– people on this site are working on their own books. No offense, but they’re going to have those as priorities, and if they’re beta-ing that means your book is not in a perfect or publishable state. I can’t imagine anyone would bother taking the time to work on rewriting/editing your book to steal when they have their own stories that they pour their energy into)

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                  ekseaver.wordpress.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >