ATTENTION: All poets: I have a message of notice.

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Poetry ATTENTION: All poets: I have a message of notice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
    @william-starkey
      • Total Posts: 634

@michelle @shannoncv @selah-chelyah @gh24682468999 @jenwriter17 @emma-starr @dekreel @sam-kowal @supermonkey42 @dragon-snapper

Hullo, good morning, etc, etc. I’ve tagged a few people above who might be interested in this topic; if anyone else knows or heard or read of anybody who either enjoys, seeks to enjoy, or reads and/or critiques poetry, then please tag them if you will.

On to the topic; I have since in developing certain projects, writing endeavours, etc, began composing and working on a website made exclusively for poets and poet-peoples. This is titled The Poesy Critics for various reasons for which I shall outline.

This idea was held back in anticipation for some time now in light of events impossible to delay. But, as time has continued his path across the sky, those things which before held me back from attempting this, have been eradicated. And so I have made this site through Wix.

The idea behind The Poesy Critics is for a main group (the Critics) to publish essays and poems on the Blog promoting excellent poetry different from that content being spewed forth in this present day and age. The limit for this core group of Critics is 29 members. For other members of the site, there is no limit (that is, for the Forum and commenting on the Blog). As of now, I am the only Critic; I would like to start this site off with at least three Critics, but in future that number must rise. Critics will be chosen after deep dissection and analyzation, and if ever you wish to become a Critic, this is something that you must comply to. This does not mean that we will be looking into all your personal details. XD We would want to know if you are a Christian, and indeed, if you ARE actually a Christian. With the right views. Thence afterwards, we will analyze your poetry, and your ability to write for the Blog. If you can’t write essays, that’s fine. I might end up writing the most of them, but hopefully that load will be spread to a larger number of people than just me. XD

In future, we (the Critic[s]) may begin accepting submissions of poetry to be published on the Blog, but if we do, they will be highly scrutinized and even denied if their form or poetry type is not acceptable. We are Critics for a reason! XD

There is no age limit on the Forum, though we would appreciate it if you are over the age of twelve.

Currently, this site is unpublished, but when I get at least two more set core Critics, I shall publish it.

NOTE on CRITIC EVALUATION for becoming a CORE CRITIC: I’m not concerned on whether or not you’ve published poetry somewhere official, or if you’ve had a certain number of years of experience. I’d be concerned with your ability as a poet/poetess and your capability as a writer of poetry and/or essays.  And your maturity in the craft; and, of course, your position regarding God and His most holy Word. And I’d need to know a few more small details about yourself: your age, name, and email (if one). I don’t need to know where you live, as long as you live on planet Earth. XD

Any questions? Ideas? Etc?

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 40

@leon-fleming thank you so much for tagging me in this exceptional offer, unfortunately as of right now I have little time for anything extracurricular. Maybe someday down the road I will get in touch with you about it…but as of right now I just can’t do it.

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
        @william-starkey
          • Total Posts: 634

@shannoncv Hey, that’s okay; I’ve got a lot of things on my plate, as well.

Ok: I’ve published The Poesy Critics site, so here’s the URL for anyone who wishes to check out the site: https://thefirequill.wixsite.com/poesycritics

NOTE: There are several things that I’m still working on, such as the Forum, Blog, etc. Touching things up and that sort of thing. Adding more topics to the forum, too; my mind is blurry and was blurry when I came up with those topics, so if you wish, feel free to suggest topics.

I’m still working on the About page, too. As you can see, Dave and Kathy have made very serious contributions to the site.

At the footer of the page there’s the Critics’ Sites. I’m working through that, too.

ALSO: In the URL, “thefirequill” is there because that’s part of my email, and The Poesy Critics does not have its own domain, so that is a default reaction by Wix for the domain name (the URL).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >