Anyone want to meet my new character? 😀

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Anyone want to meet my new character? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

Ok so this is my oc Layson! He’s one of the newer character’s in my story 😀

Basically his whole thing is after having a short period of excitement and adventure, he adopts a little girl named Maylee. She’s like 4 or 5 and her parent’s died when she was little. His story is basically a whole section of my book, the first section of him telling Maylee of all of his adventure (also telling the reader at the same time) and then the second section him deciding it’s worth the sacrifice of his lifestyle to save her. She’s being taken care of a distant relative who is getting to old to care for her properly atm. So yeah! I think he has one of the best designs out of all my characters!

Here’s some art of him, sorry it’s sideways lol

@theloonyone
      @lightoverdarkness6 @freedomwriter76  @folith-feolin @loopylin @ava-blue @Anyone

If I tagged you and you aren’t interested, don’t bother lol I’m just tagging people.

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2062

@mineralizedwritings

I like him! And that sounds like a cute story. What kind of adventure does he go on?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings

@loopylin

Thank you!

So I’ve still got a lot to figure out, and I just recently started plotting all of the locations. Little bit of background so this makes since 😅

So my story is dystopian, but like after the big world event. There was a civil war between the two major political groups, and most people decided to live in mostly self sufficient bunkers underground. They are just mostly self sufficient, and most get shipments of non renewables through a rail system underground. There’s a select group of rail workers who manage the connections necessary to make it work. So Layson and a few other Mc’s leave because well, it’s not the best experience living underground and the main reason the older people in the story don’t leave is for fear of future war. Because they hate the other side so much their could be another war.

Ok then in Laysons section of the story is him basically running around all over the place helping bunkers that have been locked in by the other political side. Sometimes people will find a way to make it difficult for them to get shipments, or block off there exit entirely. In my world, a bunker can last about 7 years this way. So yeah. Layson relays on the bunkers hospitality once he helps them. Some are ecstatic and welcome him, because they are nearing 7 years, other not as thankful. But he loves his job. He meets Maylee at one of the bunkers he helped and was staying at to rest until he went to the next one.

Sorry that was long-winded 😂🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2062

I like it! The world they are in sounds really interesting

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm
              • Total Posts: 635

@mineralizedwritings

Bro, your art style is so cool! You can already get a feeling for his personality by just these three sketches.

Do you plan on making sketches for any other characters in the story?

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@loopylin

Thanks! 😃 glad you like it!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@kathleenramm

Bro, your art style is so cool! You can already get a feeling for his personality by just these three sketches.

Thanks so much! 😃

Do you plan on making sketches for any other characters in the story?

Yeah! I have tons of them 😆

I have a sketchbook dedicated to my story, it has sketches and plotting pages too. I’m working on a digital art series (like one drawing for each mc, matching backrounds though), I’ve got one done for the mmc, we’ll see if I finish it for all of them, lol

And I have some other traditional art stuffs.

Your pfp is really cool! Is that just something you found, or from your story?

へびは かっこいい です!

Folith-Feolin
                  @folith-feolin
                    • Total Posts: 310

@mineralizedwritings

He looks absolutely profound. The story concept also seems good as well.

Light
                    @lightoverdarkness6
                      • Total Posts: 1626

@mineralizedwritings

Girl, he looks so cool!! And I love his part in your story! If you need help developing him…well you know where to go XD. I think we can handle him in our group if you ever want to add him.

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings. Ahhh!!! I love him!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I agree with everyone else, just the art gives me such a feel of his personality!!! 😀 And I just LOVE that he adopts Maylee, that is just…AHHHH!!!!

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@folith-feolin

He looks absolutely profound. The story concept also seems good as well.

Thank you!😊

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Ahhh!!! I love him!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Yay!!!

I agree with everyone else, just the art gives me such a feel of his personality!!! 😀 And I just LOVE that he adopts Maylee, that is just…AHHHH!!!!

yay Thanks! That’s what I hope to inflict upon my readers 😃

I have so many sketches of him peppered throughout my sketchbook lol, the first ones never have much personality.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings.

yay Thanks! That’s what I hope to inflict upon my readers 😃

I have so many sketches of him peppered throughout my sketchbook lol, the first ones never have much personality.

You are so welcome! 😀 And yes, we all want to inflict stuff on our readers. XD

Girl…I have so many unfinished drawings in my sketchbook that I decided to scrap. XDXDXDXDXD

Thank goodness my drawing of Riker actually turned out okay. xD

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Ah yes! Glad Riker turned out well! 🙂

I always hope nobody looks in my sketchbook, lol it’s such a mess. And those pages with ink sketches on one side, and marker bleeding through from the other side… yuck. 🤣

(I think I just experience your pfp changing in real time? 🤣 it was something different just a minute ago 😳)

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings.

Ah yes! Glad Riker turned out well! 🙂

You and me both, girl, you and me both. XDXDXD

I always hope nobody looks in my sketchbook, lol it’s such a mess. And those pages with ink sketches on one side, and marker bleeding through from the other side… yuck. 🤣

AHHH!!! I know, right!? That and my old writing…scary. 🤣🤣🤣

(I think I just experience your pfp changing in real time? 🤣 it was something different just a minute ago 😳)

You did! I change it quite often. XDXDXDXD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >