Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics?

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,152 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1555

@lightoverdarkness6 @felicity

So I was just reading through y’all’s conversation, and you talked so much about Sam and Frodo…

Ahhhh!!!! Those two are my absolute favorite favorite characters of LotR. Admittedly I’ve only read the books, but that means I have a closer appreciation for what the author intended, right?

Sam is so wonderful, and I believe he’s the main character. But Frodo is also special. Maybe I’m biased; we happen to share personality types, but he fights the ring for so long and gives up more than almost any other character. When he decides to split from the fellowship because he knows the ring will destroy him and anyone with him- ugh. He even tries to send Sam back for a moment, but then gives in because, well, we all know Sam.

Sam could easily quote Francis in Men of Iron “If your neck is worth so little, mine if worth no more.” Suddenly imagining Sam as Frodo’s squire.  O.O

And I’ll leave you to your discussion. =)

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Elroi
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1056

@godlyfantasy12

It’s gorgeous! I can definitely see A’grend in my mind’s eye now.

Did you run it through some kind of painting filter?

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@koshka thank u!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Erica
          @starofthenorth
            • Total Posts: 199

@esther-c @felicity

Thanks for your suggestions about making moodboards! I’ll have to try it sometime.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Erica
            @starofthenorth

@koshka

Sam is so wonderful, and I believe he’s the main character.

I totally agree that Sam is the main character! (I haven’t seen the movies either 😂)

Sam could easily quote Francis in Men of Iron “If your neck is worth so little, mine if worth no more.” Suddenly imagining Sam as Frodo’s squire.  O.O

Yes!! You’ve read Men of Iron too? Isn’t it good? Haha, it would be interesting if Sam were Frodo’s squire. 😂😊

Erica
              @starofthenorth

@felicity

Yep, @arien and I are sisters!

I’m sure you two have loads of fun talking WIPs!!!!!

Haha, we sure do! And stay up into the wee hours of the morning (okay, maybe not that long) thoroughly discussing them 🤣😁

Felicity
                @felicity
                  • Total Posts: 812

@koshka

Those two are my absolute favorite favorite characters of LotR. Admittedly I’ve only read the books, but that means I have a closer appreciation for what the author intended, right?

Yup. Technically you’re right. 😀

Sam is so wonderful, and I believe he’s the main character.

Wait, you really think Tolkien wrote Sam as the main character? Or did you mean he should’ve been? I’ve always though Frodo was, but maybe I’m wrong.

Hey, you asked for discussion. 😀

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Koshka
                  @koshka

@starofthenorth

Yes! I love Men of Iron! The characters are so beautifully complex, the settingis very well researched–one of the best of it’s time–, and the writing itself is just a joy to read.

Koshka
                    @koshka

@felicity

I believe Tolkien wrote Sam as the central protagonist in a book with many other MCs. Frodo and Sam are the two most important, and the hobbits are the focus characters. Other MCs are Pippin, Merry, Aragon, ect.

I actually wrote a research argument paper over this question for college. It was quite interesting to dig into. There are many speculations over it and just as many opinions, but I believe Sam is the Central Protagonist.

Uh oh, I sure did. XD

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Koshka.

Erica
                      @starofthenorth

@koshka

Yes, it was fun to read! Sometimes it’s hard to read a book with an old writing style, but I liked this one!

Elishavet Elroi
                        @elishavet-pidyon

@lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @koshka @starofthenorth

Oh! This discussion is great! XD I’ve only read the books too.

My favorite characters are, in order: Sam, Aragorn, Frodo, Pippin, Faramir, Merry, Legolas. (Insert long list of characters I can’t remember at the moment)

At least, I think that’s the order. It’s hard to decide. XD

Frodo is definitely better in the books, if what I’ve heard from people who have watched the movies is true. Still, I think I agree with Koshka. Sam is the main protagonist, then Frodo is the second.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Elroi
                          @elishavet-pidyon

@starofthenorth

Wait! You’ve read Men of Iron too? I’m so thrilled to hear that! It is so, so good.

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12
                              • Total Posts: 6645

@elishavet-pidyon so I used an AI Art Generator called Dream by Wombo. It was kinda just typing in words and using different themes and seeing what worked and didn’t and regenerating till I liked something.

And what also Was incredible is they have the option to add ur own picture and use their AI with that picture also to kinda morph it and u can choose how much u want the picture to be included or not (again it was a lot of experimentation but it worked)

I plan on making one for each book in the series but it will definitely take time.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

Light
                              @lightoverdarkness6
                                • Total Posts: 1643

@godlyfantasy12

I’m sorry, I just saw your moodboard. IT’s SO GOOD!!! I love it ❤️😀!! Great job.

@Koshka

So I was just reading through y’all’s conversation, and you talked so much about Sam and Frodo…

Ahhhh!!!! Those two are my absolute favorite favorite characters of LotR. Admittedly I’ve only read the books, but that means I have a closer appreciation for what the author intended, right?

YES!! They are so good, aren’t they?! Yeah! I love the books and the movies. They aren’t complete without each other.

Sam is so wonderful, and I believe he’s the main character. But Frodo is also special. Maybe I’m biased; we happen to share personality types, but he fights the ring for so long and gives up more than almost any other character. When he decides to split from the fellowship because he knows the ring will destroy him and anyone with him- ugh. He even tries to send Sam back for a moment, but then gives in because, well, we all know Sam.

Yes!! I’ve never really thought about who exactly the main character was. It could be either! Yeah, I love Frodo, just i like Sam better ❤️😊. I LOVE that part!! It’s my favorite part in the first movie (And book 😉). Yep, sweet, stubborn Samwise!

Sam could easily quote Francis in Men of Iron “If your neck is worth so little, mine if worth no more.” Suddenly imagining Sam as Frodo’s squire.  O.O

That would be so cool! haha.

And I’ll leave you to your discussion. =)

You don’t have to leave! The more people in a disscsusion, the better :).

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                                @felicity
                                  • Total Posts: 812

@koshka

I actually wrote a research argument paper over this question for college. It was quite interesting to dig into. There are many speculations over it and just as many opinions, but I believe Sam is the Central Protagonist.

Wow, you wrote a research paper about it? I guess I better back down. You know a lot more about it than I do. 😀 Not that I mind…Sam’s my favorite character so…

Uh oh, I sure did. XD

Ha ha, I can be really opinionated at times. I’ve never lost friends over LoTR though…yet. 😀 😀

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,152 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >