Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y’all?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y’all?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

AWWWWWWWW FIN SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!! WHAT AN AMAZING STORY!!!!!! Do tell me he gets a book all to himself, right? RIGHT?!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@gracie-j. Thank you! YES, HE IS EPIC!!!! YESS, HIS STORY IS ONE OF MY FAV’S!!!!

RIGHTO! That is actually my plan one day! I need to focus on my main books first,(maybe. We’ll see where God wants to take it all, *wink*) but it would be fun to write his story one day. 🙂 Don’t you worry. I’ve already got a book for his story lined up. 😉 Gotta think of a good title though. XD

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76  YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Anonymous

@gracie-j. YEP, HOORAY!!!!! 😀

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s
              • Total Posts: 399

@freedomwriter76

Two things:

1) CAN I PLZ KIDNAP RYKER AND HIDE HIM SOMEWHERE SAFE?!?!?! I DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE MY POOR LITTLE BOY CAN HANDLEEEEEEEEE… 😂I’m a major fan, dear friend… MAJOR fan…

2) This Fin character? I like ’im… A lot…

Anonymous

@lydia-s. 🤣🤣🤣

I’m glad you like Fin! He’s one of my favs! 😜🥰

And also…not if I kidnap him first. 😂🤫

Anonymous

@lydia-s. @gracie-j. @joy-caroline. @koshka. @elishavet-pidyon. @godlyfantasy12. (since they’re both in our RP. *wink*) I have another scene. I’m pretty proud of this one, tbh. XD Just finished writing it a few moments ago. I’m having a lot of fun slowly adding more depth to Ezra. And getting to see Eva! 😀 What do y’all think? I really like seeing this more vulnerable side of Ezra. 😉 But what about y’all? And what do y’all think of Eva in this scene? (and don’t worry, I’m planning on writing a scene from her POV that takes place right after this one. *wink wink*)

“Elijah works in a factory up towards Lexington way. He’s a pastor, too. Went to seminary. Daddy was proud of him for that.” Ezra stopped. Why couldn’t he take away the bite of jealousy in his voice?

Eva’s eyes lit with sympathy. “I’m sure you miss them.”

“They don’t need me.” Eva blinked. Ezra groaned. “I-I didn’t mean…Eva, I didn’t mean to say that. I didn’t mean to pull you into all-“

“Why wouldn’t they need you? Family members need and want each other. That’s what makes them a family. Did something happen?”

Ezra silently cursed himself. His stupid mouth just couldn’t stay shut, could it? “I hurt them, Eva. When I enlisted.”

She raised an eyebrow. Gave him a small smile. “I’m sure they were proud.”

“No. They were…they were terrified.” Besides, when had Daddy ever looked at Ezra and said he was proud? “I didn’t tell them before enlisting. I just…I just did it.”

Eva nodded.

“I argued with them. I-I even made…I even made Mama cry.” He could still see her face and the tears that coursed down her cheeks. Could still see that look on her face… sadness…disappointment…but not angry, even though that’s what Ezra had deserved. Still deserved, actually.

“I called Daddy…Uncle Ronald…and Elijah horrible, horrible things…” Ezra paused. The sting of guilt pierced his chest.

“I-I even told my brother…I-I even told Elijah in m-my rage that I wished he was dead.”

Eva’s hand flew to her mouth.

Ezra looked away.

He couldn’t meet her beautiful, questioning brown eyes.

“Ezra…I-“

“Now you know. I’m not the perfect, Christian, patriotic American Pilot everyone sees. I’ve said and done horrible things. I’ve lied. I’ve stole. I’ve hurt others in so many ways. I’ve hated. I told my own brother that I wished he was dead. I can’t get away from all the things I’ve done…so, sometimes…I drink. My great-grandfather was a hero. He rescued slaves. He was a pastor, following God even if it cost him his life. Mama…Daddy…Granny…Uncle Ronald…they’re all such faithful men and women of God. They always do what’s right. My brother…my sisters…even little Jane, they follow God with their heart. They’ve been taught about him their whole life and they trust him. Do whatever he tells them to. They’ve always made the whole family proud. B-But I can’t. I don’t trust God like that. They can do things so well. And I just…I just…I mess everything up. I’m the disappointment, Eva. That’s all I’ve ever been. And all I will ever be.”

Ezra risked a glance at Eva. Her eyes were wide.

And she was…she was crying.

“I’m not angry. I’m disappointed. If you want to go, Ezra…then go. I don’t…” Mama turned away, tears in her eyes.

“…I don’t care anymore.”

He’d said too much.

He shoved his chair backwards. “I’m sorry, Eva. I didn’t mean to pull you into all this. I shouldn’t even talk ‘bout it…I need to go.”

Laughing, Jameson, Yoshua, and Abelard were coming back to the table with some snacks and cokes.

They paused when they saw Ezra standing and Eva crying. “Ezra, no, wait, don’t go.”

“I’m sorry, Eva.” He turned to his friends. “Y’all enjoy your night. I…I gotta go.”

They tried to raise protests and questions, but Ezra was already rushing away.

He had to find the exit.

Soon.

He rushed past. Repeated “sorry, sir” and “excuse me, Ma’am” over and over again.

He ran past couples dancing.

“Why didn’t you tell us!? We want you to be safe!” Daddy yelled.

“There’s a war going on! I can’t stand by and do nothing!”

“Ezra, you should have told us before-!”

“SHUT UP! What would you know!? What would you know other than being some country farmer oblivious to the world!?”

Daddy fought in the Great War.

Why had Ezra been so stupid!?

Daddy didn’t deserve that. None of his family did.

“Ezra, be careful. You don’t want to say more things you’ll regret.” Elijah cautioned.

Ezra threw his hands into the air. “Why would you care!? You love to see me mess up! You’re a pastor just like great-grandfather Adrian! You make Daddy…Mama…Uncle Ronald…Granny…everyone…so, so proud. So why would you care!?”

“Ezra…that’s not true. I love to see you succeed. You’re my little brother.”

“Prove it!” Ezra yelled.

“Enough, Ezra! You’re acting like a child! Jane’s more mature than you, and she’s two years old!”

Angry, jealous tears coursed down Ezra’s face. Elijah…who’d always done everything better than him. Elijah…who’d always gotten a pat on the back and a smile from Daddy and so many praises of ‘I’m proud of you, son.’ Elijah…who went to seminary and became a pastor. Elijah…who had been everything Ezra couldn’t be.

“So, calm down, settle down, go downstairs, and apologize to Mama and Daddy.”

Ezra didn’t move.

Elijah didn’t know…Elijah didn’t understand…none of them did.

“Ezra, apologize. You’ll regret it later if you don’t. Trust me, I know.”

“No, you don’t! You’ve never had to apologize for anything! Mama and Daddy have always been proud of you! You’re everything I’ll never be able to be!”

“Ezra, quiet! Now you’re really acting like-“

“I wish you were dead!”

Ezra brushed away tears as he ran outside. He had been such a foolish…such a stupid kid.

The things he’d said to his family…they were unforgivable.

Ezra certainly wouldn’t forgive himself if he were them. Even as himself, he didn’t…wouldn’t…couldn’t…forgive himself for the way he’d hurt them.

He didn’t deserve it anyhow.

Forgiveness wasn’t his to have.

He was fine with that.

He rushed past other pilots, soldiers, and sailors, and women filing into the USO dance hall.

Ezra didn’t stop running until he got far enough away that Eva…Jameson…Yoshua… Abelard…would never find him. At least not quickly.

He gave himself a moment to breath.

Pain sprang from his arms as nails dug into his forearm.

He almost protested, screamed, something, when a hand clasped over his mouth.

Lips came close to his ear. “Stay quiet, half-breed, and no one else will have to get hurt.”

The words slurred together. The breath smelled of alcohol.

And the voice…low, deep, horribly familiar.

Ezra forced himself to stop fighting.

“Good.”

And the attacker pulled him into an alleyway.

Anonymous

And here’s the promised Eva POV scene. 😉

Eva wiped her eyes on her handkerchief.

Ezra…there was so much healing that man needed.

Eva was loving him more and more every day. His bright smile. His beautiful, dark brown eyes. His tan skin. His southern drawl. His wonderful morals and values. His honesty. His courage to speak his mind no matter what anyone thought. And more than anything, she loved the kindness of his heart.

There had been so much jealousy when he talked about Elijah at first…but when he talked about what he said to his brother, there was so much regret…so much…guilt.

“Lord, I don’t know what to do.” She whispered.

Yoshua’s arm wrapped tighter around her.

“Someone should go find him and check on him.” Abelard said.

Yoshua shook his head. “No. Ezra needs some time to think.”

Jameson bit his lip. “Let’s just hope Zach or Rick don’t find him alone.”

Yoshua furrowed his eyebrows. “Didn’t think of that, Jameson. They wouldn’t try anything so close to the USO hall, would they?”

Abelard scoffed. “Zach wouldn’t care if he was even inside the USO hall.”

Jameson nodded in agreement. “Rick would be the same. Besides, they’re both free for the weekend unless it’s an emergency. They’d likely be drunk at this hour.”

Eva balled up the handkerchief in her hand. She needed to talk to Ezra. She needed to tell him that it was okay. God, and she, didn’t expect perfection. She needed to tell him she understood. She stood. “I’ll find him.”

“Not alone, Ma’am.” All three of them protested at the same time.

She raised an eyebrow. “I need to talk to Ezra.”

Yoshua stood. “Not alone, Eva. There could be all sorts of unsavory men out there this time of night.”

Jameson stood. “He’s right. You can’t go alone.”

Abelard stood as well. “We’ll go with you.”

Eva smiled. They were all like Ezra in so many ways.

She gave them a playful smile. “Three bodyguards then? Works for me.” She winked. Giggled. It felt good to laugh.

The three of them laughed as well.

Yoshua offered her his arm. “Come along, Miss Eva. We will protect you from the dragons Zach and Rick.”

She laughed and took his arm.

“Thank you very much, Sir Yoshua.”

They walked past couples dancing.

She ached to dance with Ezra.

But he had run away.

Eva should have said something.

Now, she could.

Once they found him.

Jesus, help us find him, she silently prayed, as they walked out into the chilly outdoors. Oh, England was always so cold.

And rainy.

She sighed quietly.

Then clutched tighter to Yoshua’s arm with determination. They needed to find Ezra. And they would. She knew it.

Yoshua gave her a reassuring smile. “We’ll find him, Eva.”

“I know. I just hope he’s safe…”

Sudden footsteps, and Eva almost jumped out of her skin.

Yoshua, Abelard, and Jameson tensed as well.

“Woah, easy there, fellas. Ma’am.” The man, his dark face barely visible in the dark, said, removing his hat in respect.

Eva squinted. That voice was familiar. “Curtis?”

He stepped into the light of a streetlamp. “Aye, Eva. Yoshua. Jameson. Abelard.” He said, nodding at each man as he said their name, who relaxed.

“Curtis, I thought you wouldn’t be back from your furlough for another few days.” Jameson noted.

Curtis shrugged. “The war needed me back. Still got to see my wife and kids though.” He raised an eyebrow. “What are y’all fellas doing with Eva?”

“Looking for Ezra.” Abelard replied quickly.

Curtis raised an eyebrow. “You lost him?”

A blow, like a punch, sounded.

A loud thud as if someone collided into a wall.

Eva glanced in the direction of the sound, clutching Yoshua even tighter. Poor man, she was probably cutting off his blood supply by now. She loosened her grip.

Yoshua glanced at the others.

Curtis put his hat back on. “I’ll help y’all. All y’all got weapons just in case?”

Abelard nodded. “Army issued.”

Yoshua and Jameson both nodded as well. Yoshua tapped her arm. “Get behind us, Eva. Curtis, wanna stay behind her as extra protection?”

Curtis nodded. “Sounds good to me.”

Eva did as Yoshua directed.

She saw Curtis get behind her.

She was able to relax a little. She trusted these men. With her life.

She followed Yoshua, Jameson, and Abelard, with Curtis behind her, and she prayed with every step.

Ezra had to be safe.

Zach and Rick wouldn’t hurt him, right?

There weren’t men that were that horrible, were there?

She shuddered.

How had she almost forgotten Hitler?

The sounds of a fistfight got louder.

And closer.

And closer.

She saw Jameson pull out his Army-Issued pistol.

Oh, dear Lord, don’t let anyone get hurt or killed. Please. Don’t let this escalate that far.

Anonymous

@gracie-j. Oh, and girl! I got the Wings of Glory trilogy by Sarah Sundin from the Library this weekend! Oh…I love Allie and Walt already. *sighs dreamily*

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76 ALL Y’ALL. YOU’RE SPEAKIN’ MY LANGUAGE NOW!!!

Also, omgosh I feel so bad for Ezra, and Eva is SO sweet, and AHHHH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT???!!! YOU BETTER PROTECT MY LITTLE BABIES!!!!

Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

And you’ll have to tell me how you like that series!!! I haven’t had a chance to read that one yet!

Anonymous

@gracie-j. Oh, don’t worry, I’ll let you know! 😀

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YES, I’M SPEAKING YOUR LANGUAGE! I know, right!? I feel so bad for Ezra! *sobs* But now I understand why he was a bit of a troublemaker when he was younger. Just craving for attention. Especially after his younger sister, Jane, was born. He was the baby of the family until he was 15. And suddenly he felt really forgotten. *sobs* And I’M SO GLAD YOU LOVE EVA! She’s always so sweet and just a perfect match for Ezra! I STILL NEED TO WRITE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! (and don’t you worry, Yoshua, Jameson, and Abelard won’t let anything happen to Eva. *wink* And they won’t let anything else happen to Ezra.) Speaking of them, what do you think of Yoshua, Jameson, and Abelard so far? 😉

Koshka
                            @koshka
                              • Total Posts: 1428

@freedomwriter76

I Want To Pummel Someone.

Hard.

Ooohhhh………..be glad I’m on the other side of the internet, buster.

And please, what happens next????

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Oh, me too.

Yes, be very glad. XD

They’ll find Ezra and stop the fight, don’t you worry! (and Jameson may or may not keep the guy (it’s Zach, the one they mentioned, btw) pinned to the ground and tell him to stay still else he’s gonna meet his maker, lol XD My brave boy)

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76 YOU ARE SO WELCOME!!! Awww, poor sweet thing!!! YES THEY BETTER PROTECT THEM!!! Oh, they seem so wonderful!!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 270 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >