Anime? šŸ¤©

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Other Art Forms ā€ŗ Film ā€ŗ Anime? šŸ¤©

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

I LOVE the Anime art style, and I love Anime. However, I canā€™t seem to find Anime that isnā€™t super weird and/or has a whole bunch of garbage in it. šŸ„ŗ Anyone know of any good Animeā€™s that DONā€™T have garbage in them and arenā€™t super weird? šŸ˜…

The only two Animeā€™s I have found that fit those criteria were Sonic X, which was good for the first two seasons thenā€¦third season, ehā€¦only okay. And Marvel: Future Avengers, which, yā€™all, was SO GOOD! I may be fangirling here, but that Anime was EPIC!!!! šŸ˜ It was sooo good. Way better than Sonic X. šŸ˜‚ Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Thor, the whole team was epic, and Tony, in that animeā€¦so perfect. I EVEN GOT BUCKY!!!! šŸ„³šŸ˜‚ I was so happy to see Bucky. šŸ˜‚ And, unlike the Marvel movies, that Anime was completely CLEAN! šŸ˜€ Deadpool was such a weirdo, but hilarious, Dr. Strange wasnā€™t as annoying, thank goodness, lol, Falcon was epic, and yā€™all, even Loki was great. šŸ˜…šŸ˜ And Buckyā€™s appearance at the end of the show, oh, no spoilers, but it was perfection. šŸ‘Œ I literally binge-watched most of the Anime. šŸ˜‚

I highly recommend the Marvel Anime. Sonic X only if youā€™re a huge Sonic fan like I was when I watched it years ago. šŸ˜‚

But anyways, anyone know of any clean, not super weird animeā€™s? Thank yā€™all!

Donā€™t know who to tag. šŸ˜‚ Except @devastate-lasting.

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2581

I donā€™t watch anime much, but I recommendĀ Avatar: The Last AirbenderĀ 100% šŸ‘Œ Has a nice balance of fun and seriousness, as well as good character arcs and plot šŸ˜‰

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Anonymous

@whalekeeper. Thanks! Iā€™ve heard a lot about it. I watched a bit when I was younger but honestly, I didnā€™t enjoy it a whole lot. šŸ˜… But thanks for the suggestion! šŸ˜€

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2013

@freedomwriter76

I know you posted this like two months ago, but I do have some suggestions!

Literally any movie by Hayao Miyazaki. He is an absolute GENIUS. The movies are real anime (made in Japan, anime art style) but they arenā€™t obnoxious or inappropriate like most anime. A lot of them are cute romances which I actually enjoy (which is rare) and all of them are family movies. My favorites are probably Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind, Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, Kikiā€™s Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, and Howlā€™s Moving Castle (sorry thatā€™s a long list).

Also, look out for Princess Mononoke. Itā€™s made by Miyazakiā€™s son and is really gory.

Also, also, Avatar the last airbender is awesome and one of my favorite shows ever, so you get a double recommendation on that. (Though it was made by Nickelodeon in America so itā€™s not technically anime)

Space Princess āœØšŸŖ intp artist

Rose Everdeen
            @rose-everdeen
              • Total Posts: 49

@freedomwriter76

Whoo, my kind of topic šŸ˜€

Iā€™ll second @loopylin ! The studio Ghibli movies are BEAUTIFUL and I love their writing so much! They just feel so warm and soft. Iā€™ve watched Ocean Waves, Whisper of the Heart, Arietty, and When Marnie Was Here, and I loved all of them! Arietty might have been my favorite!

In a similar vein, I also really loved Flavors of Youth. Itā€™s an anime movie, made up of three short films. Theyā€™re all kind of slow, slice of life stories, and the storylines are beautiful and so is the art! Itā€™s so soft and atmospheric! All three of them are completely clean with nothing weird in them. The first story centers around food, the second around clothes, and the third around home. Itā€™s very much a comfort movie!

Another series I really loved was Violet Evergarden! The art style is BEAUTIFUL and the storyline is very emotional. Itā€™s a bit slow-paced, but worth the time! It doesnā€™t have any weird content, though it does have some war violence and is occasionally emotionally heavy, plus maybe one joking innuendo, iirc. Iā€™ve just watched the first series of it, there are like two movies as well, but I havenā€™t watched those yet!

Iā€™ve extensively info dumped to you about Haikyuu before, so Iā€™ll spare you that this timeĀ XD Anyway, yes, that oneā€™s completely clean, I think the only thing that could count as content is some mild language. Itā€™s just so good, I love it a lot!

Anonymous

@loopylin. @rose-everdeen. Thank Yā€™all so much for the suggestions! šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤© I think I may need to look some stuff up soon. šŸ˜‰

Actually, Rose, I looked up the trailer for Violet Evergardenā€¦now Iā€™m way too intrigued. xD

Rose Everdeen
                @rose-everdeen
                  • Total Posts: 49

@freedomwriter76

Iā€™m glad it helped! YES itā€™s super good! The themes are beautiful and the art is just āœØāœØāœØ

Anonymous

@rose-everdeen. It looked absolutely AMAZING!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤©

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >