A decision for faith

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A decision for faith

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

Hello Kingdom Friends!

I have noticed that everyone here is very accepting and tolerant of others’ beliefs. That’s probably what I love most about this community, and I hope it continues! 🙂

I believe in witnessing about my faith to others, so I’m just dropping in briefly to share a large faith decision I made just today. I now identify not only as a Christian, but as a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian. I have chosen Adventist beliefs for myself, and now treasure the 4th commandment:

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.” – Exodus 20:8-11 (ESV)

If you’d like to learn more about my decision for faith, I wrote a blog post about it which you can find here! (If the link doesn’t work you can copy and paste it)

My Adventist Faith

Thanks for listening!

Katherine
      @mkfairygirl
        • Total Posts: 549

@joy-caroline That is interesting hearing what you believe!!!

If you don’t mind me sharing this: God has been leading me through a journey of identity for awhile now. And I am coming to realize that my identity is Jesus Christ. When people look at me I hope that they see Jesus. I also believe now that my identity is also described as God’s daughter, saved by Jesus, and bought with His blood.

Anyways, I hope you didn’t mind me saying all that. 🙂💗

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
        Fall in love with Jesus

Anonymous

@mkfairygirl

Aww, that’s beautiful! Of course I don’t mind. I love hearing others’ views.

Yup, I totally get that. I’ve been on a journey of identity for awhile now too, which led me only today to make the decision to be a faithful Adventist.

Your statement of faith is awesome! I love being a daughter of the King. 💗

Issabelle Perry
          @issawriter7
            • Total Posts: 976

@joy-caroline

Ooh, this will be really interesting to read what you believe! I can’t wait!

Though, I wanna point out that, if that’s totally okay with you (if not, you can just stop reading) for me, my identity is grounded as this: a Bible-believing follower of Christ, I’m the worst of all sinners (Paul, might’ve been at his time, but that was before I came along) but I’m saved, forgiven, free and God’s child, Jesus’s friend. The Holy Spirit guides me. I’ve been bought with the blood of Christ and am God’s servant. I live solely for Him, I only wish to do that which pleases Him, though every single day I mess up but my God always takes me back with open arms. I’m a warrior in God’s army, equip with His armor and fighting on my knees. I traverse down the straight and narrow path. I daily live as a “sheep among wolves.” I love the unlovable, forgive the unforgivable. I don’t belong to this world, I’m only running the race until I finally go home. I eagerly await the day I can see my Father face to face. My old self has died and now I truly find life in my King, Father, Healer, Comforter, Friend, Savior, Counselor, Protector, He gives me peace. I have full joy in Him. I keep my eyes on Him. And I do all of this FOR HIM! And the only reason I do all of these things, the only reason I have a personal relationship with God, the only reason I have any identity whatsoever is not because of me. This is all done through Christ who lives in me. It is He who does these things! I love with His love! I fight with His strength. It is because of Him that I stand here today. Without Him, I am and have nothing. Without Him, I wouldn’t be here. Without Him, I have no life. Without Him, I would still be a slave to my sin. I am free because of Him! So, who am I? Nothing. Who is God? Everything!

Wow, I did not mean for that to be that long. I kind of just lost control as I started typing. I think it’s great that you are sharing your beliefs, and I’ve realized that I haven’t really been sharing my own, but I should. Soooo, I’m sure we all believe this way, but it just felt right to finally say what I believe. THANKS to whoever took the time to read all of that. <33

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
            TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous

@issawriter7

Wow! This was beautiful, thank you for sharing. I will never skip over anything you share about your beliefs, because that takes a lot of courage. I was especially nervous to share my decision about Adventism since I have said before I don’t identify as one, but now I do. I’m just so glad everyone here is very accepting!

I especially like what you said about the sheep among wolves. It’s true that we’re regarded as sheep to be slaughtered (Romans 8:36).

Thank you for replying and sharing, Issa!!

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

As for me, I am a one-God believing, Acts 2:38 preaching, tongue-talking, holy-rolling, praise and worshipping Apostolic girl!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

Acts 2:38 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible! 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

@joy-caroline I’m that person who has no idea what denomination she is but I think as long as you conform to the Bible and believe that Jesus is the way then you are a-ok! I’m glad that you’re making these big decisions and being so open about them!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

Anonymous

@devastate-lasting

Lol, that’s ok! I considered a lot of denominations (and no denomination) before deciding the Adventist beliefs are right for me.

Thank you, that means a lot!! 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >