1 Chapter of my epic fantasy novel for critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests 1 Chapter of my epic fantasy novel for critique

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Samuel P. Robbins
    @samuel-p-robbins
      • Total Posts: 7

Hey Kingdom Pen! I’ve realized that I never come here or post anymore, but the last thing I posted in this forum was a request for critiquing the first few chapters (>9,000 words) of the second novel in my epic fantasy series. I have another chapter here ready for you guys!

The Well of Sorrows is volume #2 in my epic fantasy series “The Ascendance Trilogy.” Book 1 (The Empire of Ashes) is about 107,000 words, and I’m expecting at least 140,000 for this volume. Book 3 will probably be upwards of 200,000, with the outlines I’m creating it might be closer to 300,000. Yeah, there’s a lot of stuff going on! 12 main POV characters and an epic battle for the fate of the universe y’all!

Content warnings just to be safe: I’m not going to read through the entire darn thing (8000 words lol) but this series has heavy magic use with a completely developed magic system, no small amount of violence (though not very graphic), a little bit of romantic touch including some kissing (pretty innocent), demons (millions of them actually!), alternate universes, and all that fun stuff.

Here’s the docs link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h5XRDIYr_w1CgeOKumbw4qfxcjDZQBZ1z69VaYmn5QY/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    >