✨ New WIP Ideas Forum ✨

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions ✨ New WIP Ideas Forum ✨

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Sooo…I have a new WIP idea forming in my head (surprise, surprise! XDXD) and I thought; ‘why not just make a forum where EVERYONE can share their new WIP ideas!?’

And thus, this forum was created 😂

This is the place for sharing all those new, random WIP ideas that come into your head, even IF you never get around to writing them XD

So yeah!!! Everyone feel free to share!!!!

And now, I shall share my new WIP idea. I’m not sure if it will be a full length novel, it may more like  a Novella, but it’s been forming in my head…and not gonna lie, y’all…I kinda like it XD

I’m not quite sure where the inspiration came from, but it would be a Biblical Fiction Novel/Novella.

And it would be…

The Story of the Thief on the Cross

I have this idea of writing his background, where he came from, what all led him to that moment, his possible internal conflict, him talking to Jesus in his final moments, all the things…and y’all…I’m kinda already in love 😍

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try my hand at Biblical Fiction, but just never quite found the courage 😅

I even already have an idea for the prologue/1st chapter and the Epilogue/Final Chapter, and y’all…it will just…melt me XD❤️❤️

idk if I will do it….but I do love the idea. although I may need some advice from some Biblical-Fiction writers XD

Anywhoooo, can’t wait to see everyone else’s new WIP ideas!!!!!!!

TAGS!!!!

@godlyfantasy12
      @euodia-vision @smiley @whalekeeper @princesachronicle22 @thearcaneaxiom @lightoverdarkness6 @joy-calle @esther-c @kyronthearcanin @sarafini @keilah-h @livingwoodchronicles @hybridlore @theloonyone @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian @lydia-s @loopylin @starshiness @felicity @mineralizedwritings @anyone-and-everyone-else!!!

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1359

@freedomwriter76

That sounds awesomeee!! I would love to read it if you end up writing it 🙂 And I have never ever written biblical fiction, so yeah I’m just going to pass that to someone who has 😉

Yep I definitely need this forum!! I will post later probably (I need to finish my school first) but I love it already 😆🤗

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Anonymous

@hybridlore Awww, girl, tysm!!!❤️❤️❤️ I’m really, honestly, already in love with it XD

OOH, can’t wait!!!! I’m SO looking forward to hearing your ideas!!!!! 😁😄🤩

hybridlore
          @hybridlore

@freedomwriter76

Oh you’re welcome!!! 😉 and thanks!!!

Just remembered a book you should totally read if your going to do that novella idea– Riven by Jerry b. Jenkins. Look it up 🙂 It’s really good, and an interesting idea, and your idea reminded me of it — but some parts are a little mature so *just a warning*

The main character has a hard life, gets into alcohol and maybe drugs? I can’t really remember. It’s not super descriptive but a good part of the book focuses on that. Anyway, then he gets so low to where he actually shoots someone 😭 (don’t worry, he turns for good –but yeah, it’s a little. . . Um . . . unsettling) I only read it because ethe author is one of my favorites and I had this phase where I read every one of his books I could 🤣 So yeah, and then at the end, in prison, with a death sentence, he meets a preacher, becomes a Christian, and decides he wants to die . . . um . . .the same way Jesus did. So yeah 😅 But he ends up bringing a bunch of other people to become Christians because it’s filmed on live television. So sorry if that sounds a little gruesome 🤣 But it’s honestly a very good book!

Your story idea just reminded me of that, and I thought I’d share 🙂

hybridlore
            @hybridlore

I definitely described that amazingly 🤣🤣

Smiley
              @smiley
                • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76

That sounds really cool

I once had a idea for a girl who goes through the entire Bible until she reaches the time of Jesus and she finds out what the entire book is about. There are a lot of sad parts and it would be the longest book on earth XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3224

@freedomwriter76

I love that idea!!

I’ve had ideas for biblical fiction before, too!

• A short story about Rhoda, from the book of Acts, when Peter escapes from prison.
                  • A novel about the life of Peter. (From his POV 😉 )
                  • A novel/novella about one of Jesus’ sisters told from her POV
                  • A novel/novella about Jonah

I may have others, I just can’t remember. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                  @kyronthearcanin
                    • Total Posts: 697

@freedomwriter76

LOVE the WIP idea!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ And the idea for the forum! 😉

I’ve never written historical fiction besides biblical fiction, so I might be able to help. I’ve been told I know a lot about Bible times, so maybe. Just let me know if you have any questions.

And yeah, I also struggle with having a LOT of WIP ideas… But hey, you never know, you might use them later! There’s nothing wrong with that!!! XD I might be on here to share later.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Anonymous

@hybridlore ooh, cool!!! I may have to check it out! 🙂

@esther-c
                      @smiley Thank y’all!!! ❤️❤️ I love both of y’all’s ideas too!!! 😍✨💕

@kyronthearcanin
                      Tysm!!❤️ yeah, I thought the forum would be fun!!!

Ooh, I’ll reach out if I ever have questions!!!!

haha, exactly!!! XD Ooohhhhhh, can’t wait to see your ideas!!!! ✨

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 110

@freedomwriter76

Not a new idea, but all these biblical fiction concepts are reminding me how much I miss my series about St. Paul and his sister!!

P.S.: I did come up with an official series name – The Apostle Paul Chronicles. Not sure if it’ll be a duology or a trilogy, but I also came up with official titles for each novel 😀

Book 1: Scars of Love

Book 2: Stripes of Hope

Book 3: Marks of Sacrifice

hybridlore
                        @hybridlore

@freedomwriter76 @kyronthearcanin

Oh yeah, one time I did have an idea for biblical fiction 🤣 I forgot about that, lol

I was actually thinking of adult fiction when I thought of this? Because I figured adult characters would make more sense, lol

The main characters develop a way to go back in time, and the first place they go . . . is first century Israel. To meet Jesus and see if he’s really who everyone thought he was.

Don’t know if I’ll ever use this, lol, but @smiley’s and @solfyre’s posts reminded me of it. Thoughts??

Smiley
                          @smiley
                            • Total Posts: 2179

@hybridlore

It sounds really cool XD

@freedomwriter76

Hye if you do ever write it I have another character you could add. What about the soldier who by the end believed that Jesus was the son of God? He could be a really cool character to add, and this idea has been in my head for a while. XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@hybridlore

Ooooh that sounds really cool! It’s like the Case for Christ but someone actually goes back and finds living proof… Yeah, that would be awesome. The only thing is you’d have to be super careful with what Jesus says if He talks in the books- which I assume He probably does if the MC’s goal is to figure out who he really is. Perfect characters are hard to write lol.

@freedomwriter76 @esther-c @smiley

Alright, here’s my most recent WIP idea… I’ve always wanted to do something dystopian (a novella, because I don’t have time for another novel XD), but I didn’t want to do it on earth.

But what if it was on Mars?

So here’s the idea: Humans build the necessary spacecraft to get large amounts of people to Mars. At first, they live in small oxygen-domes filled with plants and animals, like little mini-ecosystems. People are split into groups of around fifty people in these domes. After experimentation, scientists find a way to start building up Mar’s atmosphere, and people are able to go outside in heated suits. More and more people come to Mars. Then, government leaders are elected, and Mars is separated into segments. Sector 1, Sector 2, and so on for small towns, then more original names for other places.

The government, unable to make Mars work- water cycles and other processes won’t work there- begin writing up laws. They have no limits, so they go pretty far. Domes are built, and each person is assigned a dome. Before leaving their domes, the people have to put on special helmets or goggles- think virtual reality- to change how the world looks. The screen gives voice warnings to warn of danger or low oxygen in some of the inhabited areas, and turns the world black when a law erected by the government is broken by the wearer. Crime drops rapidly, and with no way to get back to earth, a lot of people are stuck obeying the rules.

Then, people start to hear about a war between Earth and Mars. With nations on earth now at war among themselves, mars is able to conquer earth. Prisoners are brought to Mars, but since the planet is half the size of earth, large amounts of prisoners are kept in cramped domes. Earth is a wasteland from the large bomb attacks that Mars used to devastate the enemy planet. It was a swift attack, unanticipated even by the people of Mars- who call themselves Martians.

One boy, Leo Xzavis, after falling from a sort of hovering bike and knocking his helmet loose, frees a prisoner girl without a name, called X984 by her captors. They decide on the name Reiyna and manage to steal a spaceship- easy to drive by this time- and take off for Earth. When they get there, they have to figure out how to survive, and end up meeting a ragtag group of survivors.

So… that’s all I have so far lol. I’ve never really done anything like it, so if anyone has any ideas I’d definitely appreciate it. I don’t know how soon it would happen- I probably need to work a lot on Healer first- but it’s an idea.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin

@smiley

Oooh, the centurion? That would be really cool…

hybridlore
                                @hybridlore

@smiley

Oh thanks, lol, that was kind of random, but I just remembered it when you posted your idea 🙂 Which would be cool too, by the way 😉

And yeah, @freedomwriter76, I agree with smiley!! That would be an awesome character in the story (maybe just at the end) but still, you should mention him at least! 😆

@esther-c

Oh awesome!!! 😁 The one about Jesus’ sister is my favorite 🙂

Oh yeah, I also had a question – if I was going to post some of my writing should I create a new forum for that? Or where would the best place to put that be? Probably just a chapter of something, lol, @kyronthearcanin wanted to see something I’ve done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >