*waves manically* ;P

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *waves manically* ;P

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@Sam-Kowal 4 projects? Zikers, how do you manage? 😛 I only have two that I seriously work on and it’s enough to blow my mind some days. XD

Fantasy is my favorite genre too! My main project (codename Personification) is an epic fantasy about spies and people with special abilities. 😀

But lately, I’ve become more and more interested in sci-fi books as well. And my second project (codename: For Lor) is a sci-fi, steampunk tale where these two kids volunteer to beta a new program their government designed to help officials track down fugitives from the law. 🙂

Ah, yes. I am currently entrenched in worldbuilding as well. XD I don’t know why I find it so difficult. *facepalm*

What are your projects about?

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
      @graciegirl

@KBallen Awesome! I’m Gryffindor with a lot of Hufflepuff tendencies. XD Both my brother and my sister are Hufflepuff so I blame them for that. 😜

Skredder
        @skredder
          • Total Posts: 527

@graciegirl Hi! *is probably waving at the computer* I tend to write fantasy stories and either historical fiction or modern stories with a whole bunch of history thrown in (let me tell you, writing a story about Scandinavian history before things were recorded and having to rely on accounts written down hundreds of years later is somewhat difficult). Most of my stuff does tend to included some sort of medieval element in one way or another.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

NC Stokes
          @daughteroftheking
            • Total Posts: 1156

@graciegirl Fantasy and sci-fi are awesome genres. (I’m a little biased bc that’s what I like to write. 😛 )Steampunk, you say?? *huge grin* I love steampunk!  (again, biased… but steampunk is still cool)

Thank you, I like my profile pic, too. ;)<i> </i>I love Star Trek!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@graciegirl XD Well, they aren’t all novels or full length books. One of them is a novella, and the other is a series of a few short stories. And then one is the starting of an epic fantasy, and the other is a standalone book in very early planning

😀 Personification sounds really cool

Actually, so does For Lor, too :D. Stan wants to read them 😀 XD

My novella is about a hero… who became too powerful, and let his power consume him. And how he slowly becomes something other than a hero, and has to learn how to love humanity again. And my short stories… I have few. One is actually an origin story for Stan. 😀

My fantasy series is about a slave girl and a nobleman who have to unite and save their land from dark beings, and also wake up the Guardians, who were created to defend earth but were put to sleep by a dictator who needed to eliminate them to take over.

And my last book… it’s not really fantasy, actually. It’s only about an idea right now. It’s about a little girl with wings, engineered in a biolab. And how she comes out wrong, and the government wants to abandon her development funding. But there’s this one poor medical assistant who wants to save her, only because he’s so unimportant he has no say in what happens…

Zikers, some of my stories sound kind of sad. XD Anyway.

Yes, worldbuilding. 😀 I actually really like it. Except when things don’t fit together right or I have an inconsistency… and then I don’t like it XD

Also, sometimes I try to come up with ideas that are hard to write about. Like a world where everyone leaves snatches of memory on the things they touch- it’s hard to keep track of all those things.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Gracie
              @graciegirl

@notawriter Yay! another INFP!! Nice to meet you. 😀 Yeah, it took me a long while to get into painting, but I haven’t really looked back since. 🙂

Um, may I ask if there’s a story behind your tag? XD I have to admit it intrigues me. Are you really not a writer?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Gracie
                @graciegirl

@Winter-rose Thank you!! 😀 <3

Um, my junior year…zikers. It’s kinda hard to tell, honestly. XD I did NOT care for all the studying for my SATs and such but taking the actual test didn’t turn out to be as bad as I thought. So…yeah, I guess so far I’m okay with it. 😆

Eeek, college. Definitely not looking forward to that myself. How do y’all survive it?! 😛

Again, thanks for the welcome back!

Gracie
                  @graciegirl

@gh24682468999
                    Hi! Nice to meet ya. And welcome to the forum! 🙂

Taiwan? Amazing! I don’t think we have anyone hereabouts who reports in from there. 😀 Ugh, yes. I definitely understand the battle against schoolwork. It keeps me away from the forum more than I’d like it to as well.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl

@skredder Yikes, that does not sound easy. :O *throws confetti in honor of your bravery in undertaking such a momentous task*  😛 Research is probably the number one reason I have always given historical fiction a wide berth in my writing. *shudders* XD Good luck with your stories!

Gracie
                      @graciegirl

@Daughteroftheking
                        Yes, they are awesome genres!

And you like steampunk too! 🎉 To be honest, I actually haven’t had the opportunity to read many steampunk books, which is frankly disgraceful since I plan to write one. 🤦 Do you have any you would recommend?

P.S. I like Star Trek too!! Especially the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine series.

Skredder
                        @skredder
                          • Total Posts: 527

@graciegirl Thanks! At times the research is a little daunting, but when there isn’t much research to be had it does give me some freedom to do things with.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
                          @notawriter
                            • Total Posts: 328

@graciegirl

The short answer is I really am not a writer. (haha our kind has infiltrated)
                            the longer answer.. I think I know more about writing then the average reader, though not as much as a full on writer. I blame my older sister @introvert_girl haha. I care a lot about well written characters and love to learn about writing! Its such a cool form of art. Me and my sisters have lots of long conversations about lots of different forms of storytelling and I love it.

I do have a few characters/worlds/stories? that I enjoy thinking about but at this point I don’t think writing is for me and would prefer to spend my time on other things (Such as art/drawing my ‘main hobby’) Sorry this was a very ramble..y answer haha.

and I was so confused

itisastarrynight
                            @itisastarrynight
                              • Total Posts: 134

@graciegirl Cool! I mostly paint pictures of random people I made up XD.
                              Typography is cool, I am mildly interested in it. But I have poor handwriting so ;-;
                              I’ve been wanting to try out acrylics more, I love how painterly it can look!

I can't believe it's not butter!

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking
                                • Total Posts: 1156

@graciegirl *lowers voice* I haven’t read a lot of steampunk either. At least, not a lot of variety. Just H. G. Wells’ stuff. It’s really good.

*is super happy to find a fellow Star Trek fan* The Next Generation is my favorite! Do you have a favorite character?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

@GracieGirl HEY! YOU’RE BACK! Yayyy!! Has your life settled down a little? Have you been able to do any writing?

Trust me, we really did miss you (though I haven’t been on here just tons lately so I didn’t suffer from it as much as some people probably did. ;P ). *serious nod* Good to have ya back.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >