The sign of the four

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions The sign of the four

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus What does the position entail? (Is that the right word???)

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@bluejay Position requires tagging people for most things, having them vote, counting up the tally, considering the popular vote and possibly overturning thought that is discouraged and should only be done if the book is one that there is significant dislike for among the minority or is way too long or something. You also need to have some skill in prompting conversations and asking good questions.

That is it. The only other thing is that the way I tally points is to give people’s first vote three points, their second two, and their third one.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
        @bluejay

Well, I’m a bit limited because I haven’t read a lot of the books that you people have, but I don’t mind giving it a go. @daeus. I do remember that there where books that I had read being voted on, they just weren’t picked. I can list a whole lot of books if you think that would make it easier. Will that work? And if I do take it on and it doesn’t work, will it be alright for me to pull out? When the round is over.
          What where the time lengths that you worked with? i.e One week on a chapter….

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
          Daeus
          @daeus

@bluejay If you mean that you would give a list of books to choose from instead of having anyone suggest them, that could make things simpler, though some people might be less interested if they don’t have that say. I don’t know. If you think it’s the best thing, I’m fine with you trying it out.

It’s also fine to retire if you ever find yourself overburdened. I would try to finish up whatever book you’re in though… unlike I did. *cheesy smile*

I was having the rate be two chapters a week.

Oh, also, availability of a book is extremely important. Classics are your best bet, but a modern book that’s free in digital format and/or is generally available at libraries can also be good.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
            @bluejay

@daeus Alright, this sounds good. If we need, would you google ebooks and that kind of stuff. I’m not allowed to google like that. But as long as that problem is solved, I would very much like to become the Keepers’ Book Club manager. 🙂

Daeus
              @daeus

@bluejay Sure, I could handle that. Enjoy your new position.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >