The Legend of King Daeus

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques The Legend of King Daeus

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I haven’t tried Doctor Who yet, but if it’s as good as Sherlock…….

*is probably geeking out about something*

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

Um. It is. Definitely.

Fair warning, though, the seasons don’t run as a typical TV shows’ seasons do, they’re sectioned based on the actor playing the Doctor at the time.

I’d start with the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith’s version. He (technically) has 3 seasons: Season 5, Season 6, Season 7A, and Season 7B.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

@graciegirl I love Doctor Who too. You’ve got to get into it though. It can be a bit cheesy, especially the earlier seasons. 😉 I love the characters more than the storylines. But the emotions… How can a 45 minute episode start so happy and end so sad so many times?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Hope Ann
          @hope

@that_writer_girl_99 And skip Nine and Ten? *sniffs* How could you? Eleven is my favorite, but I love the others too…

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

I don’t know. I blame Moffat… @hope

@gracie-girl Yep, Hope is definitely right. That’s why i suggested the Eleventh Doctor first. Nine and Ten can be cheesy, but Eleven is easier to bond with as a character.

I started off with Eleven, and by the time I got the the Doctor’s earlier incarnations, I was so in love with the show that I didn’t care about the cheesiness.

The Impossible Girl
              @f5a8c3e92
                • Total Posts: 146

@graciegirl @hope @that_writer_girl_99 Glad to see you’re awake! We don’t want the others lowering the IQ of the whole street, do we?

"Not all who wander are lost."
                Wild Australian. INXJ.

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

*coughs* @hope See the explanation above.

Ten is great, don’t get me wrong. I don’t actually like Nine, but maybe that’s just me…

The Impossible Girl
                  @f5a8c3e92
                    • Total Posts: 146

@graciegirl @hope @that_writer_girl_99 Oh, Moffatt. He makes everything brilliant and horrible all at once. The mix of emotions with brilliantly connected episodes to keep my theorising brain ticking… Never, ever skip 9 and 10! I’d have to say that 10 was my favourite.

"Not all who wander are lost."
                    Wild Australian. INXJ.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Oh, thanks! I was just about to ask about which Doctor to start with. 😀

@Hope
                      I saw two or three episodes of one of the earlier seasons, and they were cheesy enough to scare me off for a few years. But I’ve seen it recommended for anyone who like Sherlock a couple times now, so I think I might need to have another go. With a later season that is. 😉

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

The “Impossible Girl” will probably have a different take on which Doctor to start with than I… @gracie-girl

@f5a8c3e92
                        Are you a fan of Twelve?

Hope Ann
                        @hope

@that_writer_girl_99 To each her own. *smirks* I love Nine, but I won’t prove my point with a dagger. This time. You have a right to your own *cough* opinion.

@f5a8c3e92
                          *shakes head soberly* Turn around. Your face is putting me off.

Gracie
                          @graciegirl

@f5a8c3e92 @Hope @That_Writer_Girl_99 Oh, that’s right! Moffat did Doctor Who as well. Yes, he’s brilliant at making viewers suffer in painful ecstasy. 😜

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Oi, if you want to put up with Nine and Rose, that’s fine with me, you can have both of them. @hope

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99

Ugh. Yes. Almost unbearably so. @gracie-girl

Hope Ann
                                @hope

@that_writer_girl_99 Hey, they were cute. XD

Yep, Moffat… he’ll tear your heart out and roll it in broken glass.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 528 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >