Story Idea Help!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Story Idea Help!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@radically-surrendered Good idea, because a conductor who plays an instrument will usually conduct with a violin or a piano.

But a piano is best for the Maestro, because a piano can play all the parts at once, so if someone isn’t doing their job, or falls down in the battle, he can pick up their part on the piano.

The piano is used as an accompaniment when a full orchestra is not able to be gotten. (You already know that, but I’m just putting it out there.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

WarrenLuther04
      @warrenluther04
        • Total Posts: 270

@rochellaine That is true. The prominent ones that I was aware of were Star Wars and Harry Potter (partially because I am obsessed with both…) and it doesn’t surprise me that Star Trek has one as well. And I’ve also heard a rumor of colleges with Quidditch teams..? Anyone know if this is actually real? But battle armor, cardboard weapons, regularly-scheduled battles? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
        ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@radically-surrendered And, um, it sounds like so much fun to write… I thought I’d never ask this of anyone, but would you be at all interested in having a co-author?

I understand completely if you aren’t though. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 103

@rochellaine That actually sounds like a lot of fun!!! It would definitely help with coming up with ideas… Let me think about it, and I’ll get back to you on that.

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@radicallysurrendered This is a very interesting idea! I agree with Dekreel in that you need to make sure the plot is interesting as well. I’d definitely live in a place like that, yup. I love music so much. I think using the instruments as magic devices would be really cool.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

WarrenLuther04
              @warrenluther04
                • Total Posts: 270

@rochellaine @radically-surrendered I agree, a co-author sounds fun. My only problem is time…. Plus, I mostly do fanfics right now since I’m in the middle of a Star Wars Mando fanfic series… But, I’m not against it!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Anonymous

@jenwriter17 Thank you! And I wouldn’t dare butcher such a wonderful concept (if I do say so myself) by having a boring or cliché plot, or boring/cliché anything. It would be a crime against humanity.

Anonymous

@warrenluther04 Yes I love Lindsey Sterlings music. And it’s pretty hard not to be biased 😉

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

Ha! I’m writing a story actually with music based magic, so, yes, it can be done.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

@daeus Well isn’t that a coincidence? Well it would be if I believed in coincidences *looks at you suspiciously and wonders if you just stole my idea* ;P

The fledgling Artist
                        @notawriter
                          • Total Posts: 328

@radically-surrendered
                          Hey that’s really cool! Its so unique! 😀 You’re definitely off to a good start! Just keep asking yourself questions about the world/characters and I know you’ll come up with some great answers 😀 Also for piano it could be like a keyboard that has straps so they can wear it?? Like drums that marching band people carry? Idk haha.

and I was so confused

Anonymous

@notawriter Thanks so much for the encouragement! And although I would love for my MC to play piano (mostly because I do, and I actually know how to describe playing it), that just wouldn’t fit the classy, elegant picture of the piano that makes me love it so much. Plus, piano, like @rochellaine already said, is an instrument that is great by itself, and with accompaniment, so I think I’ll have the Maestro claim it for himself 😉 Thank you so much for the suggestion though!!! 🙂

itisastarrynight
                            @itisastarrynight
                              • Total Posts: 134

@radically-surrendered That sounds really cool! I would read it. My only advice is if this is an allegory type thing, search the scriptures to be sure all the details align with God’s character and intents 🙂

I can't believe it's not butter!

itisastarrynight
                              @itisastarrynight
                                • Total Posts: 134

@radically-surrendered And for the piano, it could be like
                                The people with a piano are assigned to certain areas, like a village or a post etc. Like they can’t go wherever they want and they are needed in a specific place.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Anonymous

@itisastarrynight I would definitely make sure that everything matched up with the Bible. And the assigned post idea could work! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >