Hello There

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello There

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Widdrim
    @widdrim
      • Total Posts: 16

Hello everyone!

I’ve been following Kingdom Pen’s website for a few years now, but I’ve finally knuckled down and joined the the forum.

I’m an INFJ, college English major in college, part-time music student, full-time nerd, and aspiring editor. I’ve been writing since I was thirteen, and I love poetry, personal essay, long-form fiction. Always down for a discussion on comic books, mythology, worldbuilding, and linguistic drift.

😀

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@widdrim Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! Yay, I win!
        Was instrument do you play? I do piano and guitar, though I’d love to add to that list.
        You wouldn’t happen to be Star Wars nerd, would you? 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@widdrim Howdy!

Whew. You’ve been writing for forever. Do you have a favorite genre?

Btw, is Widdrim your real name? Anyway, I like it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

@widdrim Hey, another English/literature major! Welcome aboard. 🙂 Have you ever read Owen Barfield’s Poetic Diction? That’s the extent of my knowledge on linguistic drift, and it was a bit speculative at times, but it was overall a very fascinating read.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Gracie
            @graciegirl
              • Total Posts: 889

@widdrim Oooh, seconding Daeus. That’s a really cool tag! 🙂 Welcome to the forum!!! You’re an INFJ? Neat. I’m obsessed with MBTI so I always want to know the types of everyone I meet! Thank you for including it in your introduction, it saves me the troubles of having to ask. 😉 I’m an INFP by the way. Have you ever heard of the Enneagram?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

@widdrim Welcome! I’m glad you finally came out of the shadows to join us! 🙂

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal
                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Widdrim Nerd, huh? You’ll like it here. Welcome aboard!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Widdrim
                  @widdrim

Thank you all for the welcome!

@dragon-snapper
                    I love Star Wars! The next episode of Rebels is going to destroy me. What’s your favorite era? Another piano buddy! I also do voice.

@Daeus
                    Howdy! Right now I really enjoy high fantasy and magical realism/urban fantasy. How about you? Widdrim isn’t my real name, but it would be an epic one.

@aratrea
                    English majors for the win! I don’t think I’ve read that, but it’s definitely going on the reading list now 🙂

@graciegirl
                    It’s been a long time since I took the Enneagram, but I think I split pretty consistently between Type 4 and 5. What’s yours?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Widdrim.
                    Gracie
                    @graciegirl

@Widdrim Ha! Awesome! I’m the exact same. 4 and 5. 😄

Gracie
                      @graciegirl

Oh, no! Your a Rebels fan? Oh, my goodness!!! I have SO many questions about season 3! I haven’t been able to watch any of it yet. YET. I will find a way though. Eventually. Are they good? And by good I’m destroying you emotionally and/or breaking your heart every episode while simulataneoulsy making you split your sides with laughter? *takes a big breath* Whew! Tall order I guess. Let me rephrase. Do you think they’re still holding up to the first seasons? 😃

@dragon-snapper
                        Do you like Rebels?

Anon
                        @theliterarycrusader
                          • Total Posts: 64

Welcome, @widdrim!

I don’t normally make much noise here on the forum, but you and I seem to have some characteristics in common. 😉 I’m an INFJ as well, I’ve been writing since I was ten (although I wouldn’t say I was serious about it until age fifteen or sixteen), and I’m a freelance editor by profession. Have you been pursuing any training in the area of editing (besides, of course, being an English major)? I highly recommend that you join The Christian PEN: Proofreaders and Editors Network and/or take some courses from The PEN Institute. The PEN was immensely helpful to me when I first started out, and it has continued to be a great resource for all things editing related. 🙂

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@widdrim My favorite era…probably the originals, with Luke and Leia, though I did enjoy the Force Awakens thoroughly. I asked if you liked Star Wars because every time I read “Hello There”, I see Obi-Wan Kenobi, dropping from the ceiling and into the midst of a gazillion clankers. Then there’s General Greivous, “General Kenobi.” 😛

@graciegirl
                            Erm…that’s a tough question. I do and I don’t if that makes any sense at all. Ah…*tries to find a way to explain…fails* Hmm, I think it can be a bit dark at times, but I like it otherwise.

Widdrim, how long have you been playing piano?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Northerner
                            @northerner
                              • Total Posts: 244

@Widdrim, Linguistics? English Major? God aefen and mae govannen and. . . let’s see, how many languages can I give greetings in? It was about eight last I checked. I barely get to use any of them because nobody speaks Latin anymore and things like that.
                              Anyway, welcome again. Have you actually edited anything yet? I’m kinda-sorta an aspiring editor, in that I’ve done small projects, and am willing to do them, and am enough of a grammar nazi to do them fairly well, in order to get a little money. But I’m a Creative Writing major, and I don’t intend to use my major to get a job (I don’t believe that’s what education is for), so it helps to have something useful to do once in a while.
                              I am not musical in the least (my sister got all of that talent), but I do enjoy discussions on mythology and linguistics. I’m an INTP myself, but one of my best friends is INFJ.
                              Have you read Owen Barfield’s History in English Words? It’s a lot of fun for a philologist.
                              I looked at your profile and Chesterton is one of your favourite authours??? How much of his have you read?

Anne Swiftblade
                              @anne-swiftblade
                                • Total Posts: 84

Hello @Widdrim. No one sees much of me, but I try to say welcome to all who join our wonderful Kingdom Pen 🙂
                                so…
                                Welcome!

Oh and I am an INFP. Not big on being part of discussions, but I LOVE reading them.
                                Welcome once again and enjoy your stay here at KP!

Widdrim
                                @widdrim

@graciegirl I think so! I’m still enjoying it, but it’s definitely ramping up to Rogue One/New Hope. It’s getting a little more serious, but the worldbuilding is on-point, and we’re finding out so much more about Sabine and what the Empire is up to. I’m in pain but also thrilled.

@theliterarycrusader
                                  Ooh, I’ll look into that! Thank you. I work a tutoring job that has a lot of editing and proofreading and a few other opportunities to work with real-life writing, but I would welcome any advice you’d be willing to share!

@dragon-snapper
                                  Hahahahaha! That’s a great scene. Obi-wan is my favorite, but he gets into so much trouble. Luke and Leia are also amazing 🙂

I’ve been playing for probably eight/nine years? I’m a little rusty when I’m at school though. How about you?

@northerner
                                  Wow, that’s really impressive. Which languages?

I love Chesterton! Let’s see, I’ve read Manalive, Orthodoxy, Father Brown, some poetry, and Lilith. The Man Who Was Thursday is on my to read list 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >