Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 95

My hobbies include writing, reading, knitting, watching doctor who, and learning to write better.

I am originally from Alabama, but moved to Pittsburg last summer after being in Virginia for five years, after…I move every few years because of my Dad’s job

EpicAddie2
      @epicaddie2
        • Total Posts: 794

@inkling-for-christ I’m a lefty!

INFJ ~ 4w5
        aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous

Teach you my ways? I should be asking that of many. What I did is I just wrote. Got the whole darn story on paper and typed it up before even looking at it. That was a bit of advice I learned from Veronica Roth. She said in an article just write and don’t look back. looking back will be the biggest stumbling block you can give yourself. I was also more dedicated to my writing than to my school work and managed to spend time everyday writing as much of the story as I could. SO my advice is just write…don’t worry about the plot holes or contradictions.

Anonymous

There is just something dashing about ten. As to hobbit, that is Samwise Gamgee.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 859

Howdy @inkling-for-christ! Welcome, welcome, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here in this wonderful Kingdom of Pen!

You should check out The Legend of King Daeus, which is a perfectly incredible story written by Dragon-snapper, and it should explain some of the craziness around here. Some of it at least. The most ultimate sequel is here

Oh, and if you are replying to a message someone sent you, make sure to tag them so they see it. Everyone’s tag is listed under their profile picture.

Anonymous

Thanks! I’m so pumped to find this site. I wish I had more time to dig through the treasure trove!!

Alia
                @alia
                  • Total Posts: 1253

@inkling-for-christ, well, I would follow that advice, but I tend to get distracted easily.

Dashing? Ten? Is that all anyone ever has to say about him? What about the fact that he thinks he can get away with anything??? I really don’t like Ten.

SAM!!!!! I love Sam and Pippin. Did you know that in Tolkien’s mind Sam was the hero, not…bleh…Frodo?

WIP - Decisions
                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Anonymous

@alia, I actually did know that Sam was the hero. For me distraction can be a real thorn, which is why I would lock myself in my room when I wrote. I also have this personality where if I want to do something I see that it gets done. Also, when I wrote it, my goal was to get it on paper asap so I wouldn’t forget any of the details.

TheAcornman
                    @theacornman
                      • Total Posts: 125

@inkling-for-christ I write fantasy, mainly, sometimes I mix with sci-fi as well and various other genres.

That one English guy.

Anonymous

Question: How do you all (or yinz guys as we say in Pittsburgh) deal with writers block? There is no shame in admitting we all struggle with it and I would like to know what you’re preferred weapon is when combatting it. One method I am familiar with is using prompts to get the wheels turning. Are there any prompts/articles/exercises that help you?

@theacornman
                        , @alia, @shannon, @emily, @epicaddie2

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1330

@inkling-for-christ That’s awesome. I enjoy sewing and crocheting, but I’ve never tried knitting. That’s cool that you’ve lived so many different places. I’ve only ever lived in Texas. Writer’s block? Outlining. Yup. I hate outlining, but if I have writers block, then I find that the best way to get past it is just to outline your whole story. It doesn’t even have to be the systematic way they teach you in English. You can just write down the details of a story all in one paragraph, or, if you’re like me, you can number it from 1-__ and then write down the details that way. I was struggling with writer’s block one time and @graciegirl taught me to do this. It really helped me.

TheAcornman
                          @theacornman

@inkling-for-christ There’ a recent thread about that called Help I need Inspiration! Or something along thosr lines. It was started by @epicaddie2 . There should be a lot of helpful info on there. Just look at the recent forum topics until you find it. It shouldn’t be far as it was started yesterday.

That one English guy.

Anonymous

@emily, thanks. One thing (where the block usually falls) is when I sit down to write its like my brain goes “Nope” and as soon as I get up my brain goes “Idea blah blah blah really good idea” then its gone by the time I sit down. or even just getting warmed up. That’s more the question is warming up

TheAcornman
                              @theacornman

@inkling-for-christ The thread is titled ‘I need inspiration!’

That one English guy.

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

@inkling-for-christ (Great tag, by the way!)  Welcome, welcome, welcome!  Can’t wait to see you around the forum! 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >