Greetings, fellow scribblers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, fellow scribblers!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

I wasn’t brave enough to say it @kate-flournoy

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Sarah Hoven
      @sarah-h
        • Total Posts: 669

@bethanysinkyroses Hola! 🙂 I was curious, how do you study the Bible? I’ve been feeling the same way, with wanting to do more than just reading, but I’m not sure what the next step is. Isn’t First Peter an awesome book? What are your favorite books in the Bible? Mine change often, but right now they would be 1 Peter and Phillipians.

bethanys.inky.roses
        @bethanysinkyroses
          • Total Posts: 193

Hello @sarah-h I have a journal I use for my notes. I write everything I learn down in it. Before I start, I like to pray and ask God to show me what He wants to through the passage. Then I ask three questions: (which generally leads to asking more questions)
          1. What does this passage say? Through this question, I make general observations about the verse.
          2. What does this passage mean? This is not applying it to my life yet. It is interpreting the passage as it was originally written.
          3. What does this passage change? Now, after ruminating on the text, I ask how it should be applied to my life. Often, the Lord will show me specfic things I need to change in my life. After all this, I pray again and ask the Lord to help me apply the verses I’ve just studied to my life.
          This method was one I learned from Nathan Johnson at deeperChristian.com
          As you can tell, I am passionate about this! I hope this was a help.
          Oh, @aratrea I forgot to reply. I write slice-of-life targeted at girls 8-14. My sister and I teach girls that age, and my younger sister is 12, so it helps me to have a target audience I can easily reach. 🙂

bethanys.inky.roses
          @bethanysinkyroses
            • Total Posts: 193

Oops, @sarah-h I forgot to answer your other question! I do love 1 Peter and Philippians! John and 1 John and James and the Psalms are also at the top of my list. For me, I tend to love whatever I am reading/studying currently.

Sarah Hoven
            @sarah-h

@bethanysinkyroses I will try that! Thank you for explaining it. The Bible is such an awesome book, and I want to go deeper with it. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
              @sarah-h

Hi Bethany! I’ve been using that journaling technique in my Bible time, and it’s been really helpful! Thank you for suggesting it. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >