Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

One of the better shows out there, in my opinion–and certainly one of the better CW shows. @christi-eaton

*shakes hand* Yes indeed, I could talk for hours about my TV show obsessions, as @f5a8c3e92 discovered last night…

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Elizabeth.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

The Impossible Girl
      @f5a8c3e92
        • Total Posts: 146

@that_writer_girl_99 @christi-eaton Comic-book geek here. I’m not really a fan of the CW series. I did watch Flash and Supergirl for a little while, but… it got a bit stupid. I like superheroes because they’re superheroes. We don’t need romance!

"Not all who wander are lost."
        Wild Australian. INXJ.

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99

I’ve never felt like the romance was a huge part of the Flash–or at least, that it was a distraction from the rest of the plot. @f5a8c3e92 I’ll try not to be too miffed that you called my favorite show stupid… *frowns*

I did watch Supergirl for a while, but the newest season turned me off once they started exploring a romantic relationship that I didn’t agree with. I liked the first season, though.

Some of the best comic arcs use romance to propel their heroes into the story. When done right, romance becomes an asset, not a distraction.

The Impossible Girl
          @f5a8c3e92

@that_writer_girl_99 I meant that Supergirl got a bit stupid. Sorry.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

Ah. Yes. Well, I can agree with you there. @f5a8c3e92

Alia
              @alia
                • Total Posts: 1253

@that_writer_girl_99
                So is the whole relationship that Alex is involved with throughout the season?

@f5a8c3e92
                , doctor who fan?

WIP - Decisions
                Kapeefer til we're old and grey

The Impossible Girl
                @f5a8c3e92

@alia Yes. The Whovian is here! How may I be of your service?

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Alia
                  @alia

@f5a8c3e92, yay, another Whovian! Just one question, favorite Doctor?

WIP - Decisions

The Impossible Girl
                    @f5a8c3e92

@alia Ten. Twelve is a really close second, then eleven and four are together another close third.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Alia
                      @alia

@f5a8c3e92
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyone but Ten! He’s my least favorite. Nine is the best in my opinion, followed closely by Twelve. I have unfortunately not seen the original series, but only the 2005 series. (Cough @charisetter its your fault cough).

WIP - Decisions

The Impossible Girl
                        @f5a8c3e92

@alia. What don’t you like about Ten? He was funny and clever (and I loved how he’d wear a trench coat and Converse). (It was a shame he couldn’t use his Scottish accent…)
                          Nine was good (like bananas). I’m going to miss Twelve after this season… 🙁
                          *cue sad rendition of the Doctor Who theme*

Wild Australian. INXJ.

The Impossible Girl
                          @f5a8c3e92

Um… wondering if anyone would like to try drawing a quick sketch of one of my characters. Here’s the description: Halle Moonglade
                            Short, choppy ginger hair (cut by her knife after getting tangled in barbed-wire). Large and round bright-green eyes (with a mischievous glint). Tall and willowy. Pixie-like face with a spatter of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Very slightly pointed ears (just make it subtle). She has a faint scar on her left cheek from a knife. Also, she pretends to be really happy and bouncy, when she’s had a tragic past and buries her sadness deep down within.

Wild Australian. INXJ.

Joy Mastron
                            @i-j-anderson
                              • Total Posts: 81

@f5a8c3e92 I’ll give her a shot! She sounds very feisty.

@alia
                              What I’m confused about is how you like 12, but not 10…

I love Capaldi’s Doctor, I just don’t like his episodes because it seems like the writers are running out of ideas so it’s just becoming pop-culture. But this coming season is his last, and after that there’s a new writer (Chris Chibnall, who wrote Broadchurch, which I also put a disclaimer upon. I can’t really recommend it.) and a new Doctor (13! But some people are saying it could be a woman…and in that case, I think it’s time to give up on DW)

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99

I don’t know @i-j-anderson I think that, if done right, a female doctor could be very cool.

@alia
                                I agree with Joy–how can you possibly dislike Ten? He’s one of the most dynamic characters in the entire series! And ugh…Nine. I definitely can’t agree with you on that.

Alia
                                @alia

@f5a8c3e92, I don’t really like Ten because about halfway through his first season he started thinking he could do whatever he wanted. He is the Doctor who started to forget the war, and started to think that he could do whatever without consequences.

@i-j-anderson
                                  , to me, Twelve is an older version of Nine. He is a bit different, but very similar. Ten had some great episodes, and Twelve had some not so great episodes, but I like dissecting the characters. (And I agree, there is no need for a female Doctor)

@that_writer_girl_99
                                  , you don’t like Nine? How can that be??? What makes you dislike about him?

WIP - Decisions

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 917 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >