Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Kate-Flournoy Well, I tried Tavalii, but she kind of got away from me and became something that I’m not quite sure is accurate. Her eyes are more weary and worn than hard.

Tavalii

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal

Note the fact that I tried curly hair and it actually doesn’t look too bad!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Ethryndal *grins* Points for trying. The shading is excellent and the curly hair actually looks really good. It’s not Tavalii, but it’s a good sketch. I like it. 😀

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal

@Kate-Flournoy *sigh* Ah, well. Ya can’t always win. 🙂

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

@Ethryndal I… also just realized that I forgot to mention she’s seventeen. *wry face* I’m sure that didn’t help. 😛

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal

@Kate-Flournoy AHA, so it’s your fault! No actually, even if she was 22, which is what you said, I accidentally made her look older. So don’t wry face yourself to death. 😀

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

@Ethryndal wait, I said that? *stares around blankly* AAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!! SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU TURN EIGHTEEN.
                  *facepalm* I’m sorry. The story spans several years, and as I haven’t written it yet she fluctuates in my mind.

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper
                    • Total Posts: 3515

@perfectfifths Here is Amrei. If you click on my profile, you can get a closer look. I have no clue if it looks like her or not, but that’s the fun part, I guess. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Louise Fowler
                    @perfectfifths
                      • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper That’s really cool, Snap! 😀 It is a bit different than I pictured (and drew 😛 ) but I love seeing other people’s interpretations 😉 Also, that is a really great profile – I’m terrible at those 🙂

Currently reading Les Miserables

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@perfectfifths I figured it wasn’t exactly like her. 😛 And thanks, I practiced the profiles for nearly three or four days in a row over and over and over again. I pretty much went from absolutely terrible to that. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Louise Fowler
                        @perfectfifths
                          • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper That’s amazing 😉 😀 And that’s what I love about books, is that everyone can picture the character as they like, and everyone’s movie they play in their head will be a little bit different.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Gracie
                          @graciegirl
                            • Total Posts: 889

@Everyone Okay, I’ve finally found a few characters that I haven’t drawn a gazillion times myself and that I’m having a little trouble picturing. If anyone is interested in giving any of them a shot, I am eager to see others’ interpretations based on the descriptions I give. 🙂

Raye: An Elemental Guardian in my story world, Raye is the Apprentice of Fire. This is naturally reflected in her appearance. She is a short-ish fairy with chin-length, curly hair that sort of magically floats about her face. Her skin is only slightly tanned with a light dusting of freckles over her face and shoulders. She has a pointed chin, a delicate, button nose, and eyes which change color according to how she is feeling at the time. (Usually, blue and flecked with gold which, according to my chart, indicates that she is happy/contented and slightly excited.) I often see her in an orange and gold tunic. As to her personality, I am fond of summing her up as being exuberant. Raye is often eager and excited with a dazzling grin, but can become very annoyed very easily. In such moods she is liable to get haughty, or sarcastic. Overall, fiery. Oh, and in my story world, fairies do not have to ‘wear’ their wings all the time, so its not necessary to draw them as well. I honestly am not even sure what they look like anyway. XD Probably something to do with flames? :p And she is about 14-ish. Forgot to mention that.

Lor YaZari: This is a relatively new character from my month-old steampunk tale. As such, I don’t really know a ton about her appearance. I’m hoping to find inspiration here. 🙂 I believe Lor is in her early twenties. She has elbow-length, dirty-blonde hair which is hardly ever brushed and is often pulled back in an effort to simply get it out if the way. She is of just over average height, most of this coming from her unusually long legs. Her face is oval-shaped, with semi-prominent cheekbones, a pointed chin and piercing eyes, (of what color, I am not sure). Lor is probably the most detached person ever, constantly absorbed in a world of here own resulting in a perpetually pensive expression. You can often see her sitting at the piano with her chin in her hand and staring aimlessly into space. She definitely cannot be considered pleasant or cheerful even, but I’m still a little fuzzy as to why. Practicality is the only thing considered in her style of dress, and, even though I’ve said the story is steampunk, the style bears only slight resemblance to that of the Victorian era.

Erech: Guardian of Kindness, Erech is a fairy of a couple hundred years however, luckily, he only has the appearance of someone in their early thirties. I know practically nothing about his facial structure except that his face is most certainly neither round, nor square. He has brilliant green eyes which have faded somewhat over the years, and shoulder-length, golden hair, also faded and usually pulled back in a half-up style. He is rather tall for a fairy, (easily over six feet) with a medium build and a ready smile to crease his sun-tanned skin. His overall attitude is jovial, yet reserved. He has lived an adventure-filled life which has taken its toll on his spirit over the years. As for dress, Revolutionary War era. Tricorn hat, waistcoat etc.

That’s all I can think of for now, but I’ll definitely be back if any more come to mind! 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Ethryndal
                            @ethryndal

@graciegirl Ooh, I’m doing Raye.

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@ethryndal Ah! You just beat me to it!
                                Alright, @graciegirl I’ll do Erech.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
                                @graciegirl
                                  • Total Posts: 889

@ethryndal @dragon-snapper Cool!! Can’t wait! 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 917 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >