Brainstorming Zone

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Brainstorming Zone

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

@kate-flournoy You ’round?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy You free?

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 not very. *sniffs* Our internet just conked out for a day and a half and I’m frantically scrambling to catch up on lost work. What do you need me for?

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99

Wanted to bounce around a couple ideas. Shouldn’t take long. @kate-flournoy

That stinks about your internet… *cries with you*

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 go ahead and I’ll check in periodically, that sound fine?

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99

It’s fine. I can wait. The ideas aren’t that big of a deal.

@kate-flournoy

Happy writing!

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

You around? @kate-flournoy

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy Do you have time to go on the google doc later?

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 afraid not. 🙁 We just got back from a conference and once again I have a lot of work to catch up on. I might be caught up by tomorrow night. We’ll see. You doing okay?

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy

It’s been a very eventful week in the life of Prison, and here’s why–I had two very scary thoughts on two consecutive nights.

1: The Warden needs to die. Soon.
                          This thought came out of nowhere, but mostly because I was thinking about theme, and how so much of Kara’s character points to this inward battle against loneliness that she’s fighting, and then I was like, “How do I get this character to rely on her friends? Oh, let’s kick her out of the prison. No…lets have her escape a prison that becomes chaotic and leader-less after the warden dies.” So, there’s that.

2: I think I started writing the wrong characters’ POV.
                          I love Kara, really, really love her, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that it’s Tam’s arc that would really drive the story forward. Like, maybe if I writer her story and Kara’s simultaneously, I’ll have a better understanding of where the plot is going…

And of course, these questions come right when I start working on Chapter 7. So…I’ve been busy writing, editing, and contradicting myself. *sighs*

Respond to this when you can?

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 😮 😮 😮 Scary is right. 😛

Wow. Um. Much as I adore the Warden and the amazing potential he has, that sounds like a great idea to develop Kara. *gulps* Do it.

And if that’s what your story is telling you about the protagonist, go for it, and kudos for being brave enough to keep yourself open to such drastic changes. 😛 *high five*

Let me know how it goes. I haven’t been on as much and probably that’s not gonna change for the remainder of the summer and into the fall, but I’ll try and keep up with you here as much as I can. If you want to tell me something, just post it here and I will get to it eventually.

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy You available to sit on the doc for a bit?

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_girl_99 unfortunately you caught me just signing out and heading for bed. *sniffs* I might have a chance tomorrow though. Will you be here?

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

Depends on what time. @kate-flournoy

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >