Home Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform Blogging…

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Audrey Caylin 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Gabrielle
    @winter-rose
    • Total Posts: 1483

@catwing Sorry I’m late! You can find my blog if you click on my signature.

My advice sort of depends on what your goal is. If you want to build a large audience with your blog, I would suggest making it on a specific subject. If you like crafty stuff, blog about crafts and how to make them. If you like reading books, then you could start a book review blog. Or you could do a serial story blog (like you mentioned doing). Something that would give you blog a specific niche. I would make sure you post consistently so readers know when content is being released. I would always reply to comments, too.

But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.

I wish you luck on your reboot!

Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
    • Total Posts: 1742

But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.

I can’t even begin to tell you how important this is @catwing! Don’t forget it. πŸ˜‰

https://www.wonderingwriter.com/

Catwing
    @catwing
    • Total Posts: 1704

@rochellaine @jane-maree @daughteroftheking @sage-g @winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 Thank you. I will try to take your advice. *picks up advice* This is all very encouraging.

Ambassador of the Kingdom of Allore
    Writing a Catwing Christmas that is as madder as the hatter.

Catwing
    @catwing
    • Total Posts: 1704

*beep* public message for @audrey-caylin
    Catwing here.
    I am going to change to Word Press. But not tonight. You can go ahead and drop me the good tutorials though. And any advice.

Ambassador of the Kingdom of Allore
    Writing a Catwing Christmas that is as madder as the hatter.

Audrey Caylin
    @audrey-caylin
    • Total Posts: 317

@catwing

Sure! These two are the best: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress-without-losing-google-rankings/ and https://www.labnol.org/internet/switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress/9707/

I’m pretty sure WordPress.com has a tutorial on their site as well, but for some reason I never thought of using it πŸ˜›

As for general advice, just take it slow and try not to rush anything. I didn’t have any problems except for switching the RSS feed, which is one of the last step. That will make it such that people who followed your blogger blog publicly will still get your posts in their blogger feed. It just takes a few minutes to work, and I got too impatient XD Personally, I would just alert your followers to sign up for posts via email rather than switch the RSS feed, but it’s up to you πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.