Blogging…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

@catwing Sorry I’m late! You can find my blog if you click on my signature.

My advice sort of depends on what your goal is. If you want to build a large audience with your blog, I would suggest making it on a specific subject. If you like crafty stuff, blog about crafts and how to make them. If you like reading books, then you could start a book review blog. Or you could do a serial story blog (like you mentioned doing). Something that would give you blog a specific niche. I would make sure you post consistently so readers know when content is being released. I would always reply to comments, too.

But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.

I wish you luck on your reboot!

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

But if you just want to write for fun, you can basically do whatever you want :). And whether you intend to build an audience or not, the best tone to use is yours. Don’t try to be anyone else, like DG said.

I can’t even begin to tell you how important this is @catwing! Don’t forget it. 😉

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@rochellaine @jane-maree @daughteroftheking @sage-G @winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 Thank you. I will try to take your advice. *picks up advice* This is all very encouraging.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
          @catwing

*beep* public message for @audrey-Caylin
            Catwing here.
            I am going to change to Word Press. But not tonight. You can go ahead and drop me the good tutorials though. And any advice.

Audrey Caylin
            @audrey-caylin
              • Total Posts: 323

@catwing

Sure! These two are the best: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress-without-losing-google-rankings/ and https://www.labnol.org/internet/switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress/9707/

I’m pretty sure WordPress.com has a tutorial on their site as well, but for some reason I never thought of using it 😛

As for general advice, just take it slow and try not to rush anything. I didn’t have any problems except for switching the RSS feed, which is one of the last step. That will make it such that people who followed your blogger blog publicly will still get your posts in their blogger feed. It just takes a few minutes to work, and I got too impatient XD Personally, I would just alert your followers to sign up for posts via email rather than switch the RSS feed, but it’s up to you 🙂

Catwing
              @catwing

@gh24682468999 @that_writer_girl_99 @audrey-Caylin @dragon-snapper @jenwriter17

@sage-G
                @daughteroftheking @rochellaine @jane-maree @ethryndal
                Thank you all. I took a while to decide on a name…
                But, I have relaunched.
                Here, https://thecatwinghaslanded.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing lol, I love the name of the blog! It looks great! 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
                  @catwing

@jenwriter17 Thanks. I struggled to make up a name and then, POP! I can reuse the name of my introductory thread here on KP! 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >