Aquila

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

@kate-flournoy

Ah, okay.

Do you have any possible replacements for “looking down her nose at him?” XD

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@leumeister Peering earthward over her snout. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Leumeister
        @leumeister

@ethryndal

XD Good one! 😛

Leumeister
          @leumeister

Hey guys. The final draft of Aquila is still a ways away from being finished, but it’s getting there. I was thinking, though. At first I was leaving this story “religiously” neutral, but I think, reviewing some of the lore behind this (which I would love to provide, if you’d like :D), that there is actually room for God and Christ in this story. Now, I’ll probably not making it obviously “Christian”, but I was thinking that James could a Christian, and Pandora wouldn’t. It may make her role as a foil (if she’s ISTJ-T and James is ENFP-A, clashes of wills may frequently ensue :P), even more deep and meaningful. She may have a more “relaxed” set of morals, while James is staunchly against killing, lying, stealing…Except he was a major player in stealing that hard-drive I mentioned… Argh! MORAL DILEMMAS! Does the end justify the means!? :S :S 😛 Anyway, I just thought I’d share this. I’ll gladly explain a bit more in detail to those who’d like it. 🙂

@daeus
            @kate-flournoy @bluejay @perfectfifths @emma-flournoy @nataliemarie @rebelutoinary @jess @everyone 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Leumeister.
            Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Yeah, @leumeister, give us the dig.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
              @leumeister

Okay… Well my lore starts off in the B.C.s, when Atlantis is supposed to have sunk. Except it didn’t sink. Actually, it starts of earlier than that…

The Atlanteans, having determined there was no way men could heal the immorality of the human race, decided to start anew… On a whole new planet! Now, even though this is in ancient, times, Atlantis has been often portrayed as highly advanced. So, they isolated themselves from the rest of the world, and started preparing. They made calculations, finding a planet several parsecs from our solar system (which I call Solaris – yeah, I named our solar system :P), within the habitable region. However, it was barren, with hardly any atmosphere, and absolutely no life. But they decided to go for it anyway.

So they converted the city into a generation ship, while the mathematicians calculated the coordinates, the scientists developed FTL technology, biologists collected seeds for plants and animals for food and additional population, including animals from the New World and Terra Australis Incognita.

Once they were ready to leave, they filled ballast tanks within the city, probably with the help of the sewage system, and made it sink. They then travelled out of the Mediterranean, into the Atlantic Ocean, emptied the ballast tanks, and, out in the middle of the ocean, far away from any eyes, took to flight, and into space travel.

Throughout their journey, they found a number of planets similar to the one they were looking for, and performed terraformation experiments on them, for practice. They left animals, insects, plants, and microorganisms, creating a self-sustaining life cycle. Once satisfied, they left, leaving the planet to fend for itself, although on occasion some people decided to stay. They remained in their modified state indefinitely.

After several generations, they reached their planet, which was actually one in a system of quite a few terrestrial candidates. They chose the 3rd from the sun, which they dubbed Corinth, after the Greek city-state, naming the main planet Corinth Prime. They terraformed the planet, and the surrounding planets which were able to, and set up their world, ruling the system with a series of monarchs, and they dubbed themselves Corinthians.

Hence the explanation of the terrestrial planets that were found centuries later. The evolutionary scientists thought that it proved evolution, but the fact that the Corinthians terraformed them actually proves Creation, since they didn’t exist as earthlike planets beforehand. Cool huh? Plus the fact there are no aliens. Extraterrestrials, because of the Corinthians, but no aliens.

Daeus
                @daeus

Ha! That’s awesome, @leumeister! So would James be from earth?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
                  @leumeister

@daeus

He might be, but he could be from any one of the settled Terrestrial Planets in the Federation Controlled Regions. Pandora, I’m thinking, might be a Terranean, which is the nickname for colonists.

Leumeister
                    @leumeister

It’s done! I’ve finished the manuscript for the Pilot “episode” for Aquila! Should I post a link to the pdf?

Daeus
                      @daeus

@leumeister Are you hoping to get beta readers? Here’s what I’d recommend. You’ll want to use a word document. The reason is that beta readers can easily leave detailed comments on there. With a pdf, from what I know, all they can do is read it and then send you their overall comments. I think you could use dropbox to share the file if you want, though I’ve never actually tried it. Another way is just to send it by email to anyone who is interested. The bonus of that is that you’ll probably want to email back and forth about questions both of you have anyway, so why not use email in the first place.

If you’re gonna ask for beta readers, I’d recommend giving a synopsis of your book along with a word count to let people have more information up front. Also, if you aren’t way too swamped to handle it, I’d really recommend offering a beta-read exchange. I’ve found that editing other people’s work helps me just as much with my writing as receiving their edits and that type of a deal will probably increase the number of people who will be interested in editing your book.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
                        @leumeister

@daeus

Oh, okay. Thank you. I said a PDF because it’s compatible with many devices, but I see what you mean about the word document. 🙂

Daeus
                          @daeus

@leumeister Yeah. Though pages should work for that too if you have a mac user who doesn’t have word.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
                            @leumeister

Hey guys. I have something I want to ask…

Okay, so Aquila is going to be a series. I have planned four story arcs, or seasons (borrowing from TV show lingo, here, ‘cuz I want it to eventually become one!), and have ideas for quite a few stories within each story arc. The thing I want to ask is…

With all this planning for this series… Is it bad that I devised and am writing up a sequel series?!?

Seriously, I just wrote 1675 words in the first “episode” of the sequel series, which I call AG-Y (Aquila Gen-Y). It’s about Pandora’s first cousin once removed (or simply known as niece), who was accused and served time for treason. She didn’t commit it, but now since she was convicted, she can’t go back to her job as a USSR* chameleon**. So she eventually forms her own intelligence group.

Am I getting ahead of myself, or is the fact that I have so many ideas like that a good thing?

Okay, two questions. 😛

*United Solar Systems’ Republic

**The term for a sleeper agent, hidden contact, or intelligence gatherer, often given ordinary jobs, and an ordinary life, although being famous could be a good disguise too.

Daeus
                              @daeus

@leumeister I think that’s a good thing. Series are a good thing to write these days.

My one question is how many books there would be. Two or eight? Eight might be a little much. I’ve heard that the ultimate series is a trilogy, cause most people will stay for those three books, but after that the number of committed readers will start to dwindle.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper
                                  • Total Posts: 3515

@leumeister Please don’t write eight. I’m trying to work through Flanagan’s 12 books of the Ranger’s Apprentice, and quite frankly, it gets to be torture to read so much for me.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >