Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)
_gac_
Contains information related to marketing campaigns of the user. These are shared with Google AdWords / Google Ads when the Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts are linked together.
90 days
__utma
ID used to identify users and sessions
2 years after last activity
__utmt
Used to monitor number of Google Analytics server requests
10 minutes
__utmb
Used to distinguish new sessions and visits. This cookie is set when the GA.js javascript library is loaded and there is no existing __utmb cookie. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to the Google Analytics server.
30 minutes after last activity
__utmc
Used only with old Urchin versions of Google Analytics and not with GA.js. Was used to distinguish between new sessions and visits at the end of a session.
End of session (browser)
__utmz
Contains information about the traffic source or campaign that directed user to the website. The cookie is set when the GA.js javascript is loaded and updated when data is sent to the Google Anaytics server
6 months after last activity
__utmv
Contains custom information set by the web developer via the _setCustomVar method in Google Analytics. This cookie is updated every time new data is sent to the Google Analytics server.
2 years after last activity
__utmx
Used to determine whether a user is included in an A / B or Multivariate test.
18 months
_ga
ID used to identify users
2 years
_gali
Used by Google Analytics to determine which links on a page are being clicked
30 seconds
_ga_
ID used to identify users
2 years
_gid
ID used to identify users for 24 hours after last activity
24 hours
_gat
Used to monitor number of Google Analytics server requests when using Google Tag Manager
1 minute
@warrenluther04 Yay! can’t wait to read it! 😀
@jenwriter17 Thanks! 😀 If you can comment, feel free to comment, or if you can’t you can probably just do the request edit access thingy and I can figure it out. 🙂 Thanks again!
@warrenluther04 It would be easiest to be able to request edit access, but if that’s too much trouble, then I can just tell you what I think after reading it.
@jenwriter17 Either would be fine, whatever works best for you! 🙂
@warrenluther04 okay, well i went ahead and requested it 🙂
@jenwriter17 Hmm…. The request hasn’t shown up in my inbox yet…sorry. Could you retry sending the request? Sorry! 😅
@jenwriter17 @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper @ariella-newheart @notawriter @skredder
Well, guys, sorry. Since that document was technically owned by my school email account and it wouldn’t allow me to transfer ownership to my actual email, I had to create a new email link so edit/comment access requests would actually go into the inbox I regularly check. Sorry!
Here’s the new link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EP3WLLIwgYuJZHs50LsPt0nDBE5Qrt3YRgICbWt4658/edit?usp=sharing
*grumbles in annoyance* 😫 😩 🙂
@warrenluther04 okay, no problem. do you still want me to send the request for comment access?
@jenwriter17 Yes, as long as it’s on the new link. Thanks for reading!
@warrenluther04 okay, I went ahead and requested 🙂
@jenwriter17 Okay! Again, thanks a lot for reading! 😀
@warrenluther04 your welcome! 🙂
What a cool story! Great job, @warrenluther04 😀
I don’t have a Google Docs account, so I can’t request access, but I will draw attention to one thing that I noticed. It is a good thing that the magic in the story has limitations, but when Ualair uses too much and cannot heal his arm, it just seemed as though you dwelt too much on that fact. I would suggest going through and making the references to that more concise. 🙂
@ariella-newheart Thanks!
Oh, okay. Hmm….that does make sense. I’ll see what I can do! 😀 🙂
I just requested edit access.
@skredder Thanks! 😀 I’ll give you access! Thanks for reading! 😀 😀
Wow! Okay, so I finally commented on the story. I had read it very soon after you posted the link. I just got a wee bit busy and couldn’t go through it a little more thorough until now. It was a really fun and interesting read! Thank you for letting me read it!
@skredder Thanks! That’s fine, I’m generally really busy. But I’m on spring break now!!! 😀 😀 😀 Thanks! And thank you for beta-reading!!!! 😀 😀